star's customs

For pictures & videos or created works such as Signatures, Avatars & Wallpapers.

Moderator: Chaos Incarnate

star
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

star's customs

Post by star » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:48 pm

my customs are almost done!!! they are skimpy and not for work but i have them, well their basic paint, they need gear, hair and one needs to have its paint washed of and redone so it could be a while for her to show up here but i should have atleast one of the 2s pics up here tonight(after i clean out my cammera and take a good pic)

star
Class S Shinki

Re: star's customs

Post by star » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:44 pm

ok, its been days since i made this post, its time to finally post the pics, and now without delay:

both Image

mms penguin: ImageImage

mms naga: ImageImageImageImage
yes, her battle armor chest plate does glow, you can kinda see it here,if you look hard and compair
glowing: Image
not glowing: Image
and just for fun: Image

star
Class S Shinki

Post by star » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:54 pm

the penguin turned out better, the naga's head hands and feet are a differnet color than her body for some reason and i forgot to paint her eyes white and then draw them in, her face might just get washed off, stupid sharpie is gonna take forever to remove

star
Class S Shinki

Post by star » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:45 pm

my mms type naga offficially has a name: belinda- spanish for beuatiful snake

blade_anime
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: All of mine

Post by blade_anime » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:23 pm

OH MY GOD THAT THING IS TERRIFYING.
:vitulus:
Look, you made vitulus cry......

star
Class S Shinki

Post by star » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:46 pm

blade_anime wrote:OH MY GOD THAT THING IS TERRIFYING.
:vitulus:
Look, you made vitulus cry......
what is? (i dont think i put anything scary did i?)

blade_anime
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: All of mine

Post by blade_anime » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:06 pm

It was me saying that those two figures are a bit unnerving in a way that makes me look like a dick. Bit of a rough paint job several places, especially the faces (This is why I'm scared to paint my gundam models, so it's not really your fault there) Try filling in some of the gaps so that their clothes don't look as if they were scribbled on with a crayon. Also, the lack of hair is a bit disconcerting. Regardless, I'd love to see how they turn out once you touch them up a bit. Also, don't feel afraid to criticize any of my work whenever I put it up.

Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Shinkis owned: 33
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Post by Xehn » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:00 am

To be fair, trying to paint faces at that small scale is very hard. I gave it a try to ill effect on the head that came with my MMS3rd. Drawing it on with pencil was easy. Trying to paint it... not so much.

However, Star, I'd recommend redoing some of the rougher spots. Use masking tape to make clean edges, perhaps?

star
Class S Shinki

Post by star » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:47 pm

Xehn wrote:To be fair, trying to paint faces at that small scale is very hard. I gave it a try to ill effect on the head that came with my MMS3rd. Drawing it on with pencil was easy. Trying to paint it... not so much.

However, Star, I'd recommend redoing some of the rougher spots. Use masking tape to make clean edges, perhaps?
LOL thank you, that will help me greatly, these pics arent very recent and i have done alot of work since then, i have had to scrape of all of belinda's paint once though but now shes significantly better, me, being a perfectionist, can seem to get a good hair skulpt and i wanted it to be changeable, i enjoy the critisism, it gives me ideas on wht i still need to do, faces are hard to paint so i drew the outline of the eyes, colored it in with white, then drew the insides with a pencil and used sharpie to color the eyes from there, as for weapons, im at a loss but i have ideas on what i still need to do to make it successfull, however, belinda will require a standard shinki stand and not just the one they gave me, its to flimsy to hold her up in her tail and broke off at the base, the mms penguin however will be just fine on that stand since i only intend to make very light armor and a few guns for her at most, aside from her arm fin blades, and possible mask, belinda will have a large tail that is moveable thanks to extra revoltech joints left over from previous work as well as a blade at the end of her tail, a scythe with a moveable head, serpentine moveable swords, a face frame, and a claw for her wrist atleast thats all i have planned for now :schmetterling:

star
Class S Shinki

Post by star » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:09 pm

(quick question involving my customs, i ordered some parts from a place in japan called nagoya, how effected was that by all the recent chaos?)