Shinki Scale and Usable Items

Questions and discussion on all things related to Busou Shinki & MMS toys.

Moderator: Caterwaul

John Awesome
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 3
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Mizuki

Shinki Scale and Usable Items

Post by John Awesome » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:24 am

Although I know that Busou Shinki is technically 1:1, I could use some "in scale" accessories (planning to make some stop motion, haha).

I've found some things that I believe will work as they are 1:12 scale, but I was wondering if anyone had any experience with them.

First off, I have found some lovely furniture sets from a company called Melissa & Doug.

http://www.amazon.com/Melissa-Doug-Delu ... gy_t_img_b

http://www.amazon.com/Melissa-Doug-Doll ... gy_t_img_b

I was very interested in these two sets, but if they are too small or too large, I would have wasted my time and hard earned money. Anyone ever seen any of these/own them?

Next up overall is the RE-MENT line of miniature foods and such. Considering that they are trading figure sized, they shouldn't be too large, right?

Finally, it seems like every type of doll clothes I find is too large or too small. Any good manufactures out there or am I going to have to sew my own?

I'd love any help I could get as my equipment is ready and an empty set will be very boring to watch!

pyroko
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 12
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Murmeltier

Re: Shinki Scale and Usable Items

Post by pyroko » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:13 am

John Awesome wrote:am I going to have to sew my own?
more than likely, yes. shinkis are so anorexicly thin compared to most doll bases you will be hard pressed to find anything that fits without modification.

as for weapons and such, 1/144 scale gundam kit bits fit them rather well (and some 1/200 ones as well), as well as the weapons from Duel Maid trading figures.

Caterwaul
News Reporter
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by Caterwaul » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:55 am

Noodles posted a thread with some Re-Ments stuff. As you can see, they're a bit oversized. The props not as badly as the clothes.

Shinkis are only sorta/kinda 1:12 scale. They use anime proportions so it throws the scale off a bit. From what I've seen, clothes for 1:12 scale dont seem to work well without tailoring, but most furniture is fine. (Just a bit oversized but not enough to really throw things off much)

For clothing, there's the Plastica line, which I'm not fond of, but it's meant for Shinkis. You can see clothin meant for Shinkis pop up on Yahoo Japan a lot too. Both sources are Japanese only, however, so getting them here might be hard.

John Awesome
MMS Naked

Post by John Awesome » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:02 pm

Well, I got the living room set, I guess when it comes I'll do a review. Also picked up the meowth balloon and magicarp sub from Pokemon as they were on sale and supposedly in perfect scale. And now to wait anxiously for the package to arrive.

John Awesome
MMS Naked

Post by John Awesome » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:51 pm

Well, only the sub arrived today which is odd. I chose to ship in the least amount of packages... Well, no matter I'm just going to post some pictures here rather then start a new topic.

Hope this works.

Introducing Sub Commander Maochao.

In retrospect, I need to place my lamps closer next time.

Pyaamon
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 22
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio/ Arnval 2

Post by Pyaamon » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:12 pm

OH MY GOD HER ADORABLE LITTLE HAT.

The fish suits her well - the perfect battle sub :3

Idoru
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 6
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka

Post by Idoru » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:01 pm

John Awesome wrote:Well, only the sub arrived today which is odd. I chose to ship in the least amount of packages... Well, no matter I'm just going to post some pictures here rather then start a new topic.

Hope this works.

Introducing Sub Commander Maochao.

In retrospect, I need to place my lamps closer next time.

Hahah!
My girlfriend bought the exact same toy today and the first thing she did when she got back home was stick her Murmeltier in there (with her angry/shouty head on obviously).

This can only mean one thing.. MAGICARP SUB BATTLE!

Back on topic, the new Halo weapons pack from mcfarlane toys works really well with shinki.
http://www.spawn.com/toys/product.aspx?product=3966
In fact, I've had more luck getting the shinki to hold the shotguns from this pack than i have any of my Halo figures :-/

NamelessChibi
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 68

Post by NamelessChibi » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:35 am

Indeed the Halo weapons work quite well with the Shinki's as well as certain ones work well with the 3' 3/4" line of figures. Especially the SMGs for those size. Anyway, a few other items of note that Shinki's can use and are a good size can be seen here. Another item Shinki's hold well are the Dual Maid items, but they tend to be pricey.

Xerain
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 12
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Maochao

Post by Xerain » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:07 am

So wait, I can walk right into wal*mart and buy those halo weapons? I don't usually hang around the wal*mart toy department? That is to say, I try not to go to wal*mart, Period. Is there anything else worth noting at such a common store?

NamelessChibi
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 68

Post by NamelessChibi » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:59 am

Xerain wrote:So wait, I can walk right into wal*mart and buy those halo weapons? I don't usually hang around the wal*mart toy department? That is to say, I try not to go to wal*mart, Period. Is there anything else worth noting at such a common store?
They are acquirable at WalMart but... I actually found my Weapon Pack in a GameStop. WalMart and Toys 'R' Us tend to sell out quickly of the Weapon Packs, so I suggest GameStop usually for those.