Shinki Clothing

Questions and discussion on all things related to Busou Shinki & MMS toys.

Moderator: Caterwaul

blade_anime
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: All of mine

Re: Shinki Clothing

Post by blade_anime » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:43 pm

It's good! Would have been better to make that one near the beginning of winter though....

Akelei
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 4
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Maochao for now :3

Post by Akelei » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:26 am

blade_anime wrote:It's good! Would have been better to make that one near the beginning of winter though....
Actually with all the cold wind here it was the perfect out fit for her, the othe girls were complaining cuz they were in summer clothes :P

But yeah more summer clothes is coming :)

Ranalcus

Post by Ranalcus » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:38 am

That pocket is usable? Do you can put anything there?
And from what material are made those pants? At first I was thinking that it is some sort of jeans material.

Akelei
Class C Shinki

Post by Akelei » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:29 am

Ranalcus wrote:That pocket is usable? Do you can put anything there?
And from what material are made those pants? At first I was thinking that it is some sort of jeans material.
hehehe yes, you can put something inside, but it must be very tiny, I will take a picture with something in it :)

Actually I have no idea what is the material name, I was last Thursday in a big store and I got lost in the furniture department, there was lot of furniture and curtains fabrics and for my big surprise "OMG!!!" they got a reduction box with lots pieces, so those trousers are made of furniture fabric xD I must tell to turn then inside out was a challenge xD

Mikuo_Hatsune
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 163
MMS owned: 13
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Murmeltier

Post by Mikuo_Hatsune » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:12 am

you make textiling for 15CM Dolls look easy , im having a hard time with it ahahahah
Don't Follow Me On Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/ODST813

Akelei
Class C Shinki

Post by Akelei » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:36 am

Mikuo_Hatsune wrote:you make textiling for 15CM Dolls look easy , im having a hard time with it ahahahah
hehe I know the feeling, but as soon as I star I want to see it finish on my shinkis, but god what a hard work and patience you need for that and time too :P

Kobold
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Juvisy

Post by Kobold » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:28 pm

Some pictures of the clothing I have that fits (or doesn't fit) Shinki. (I know some of these have been mentioned already, but I thought it could be useful to have side-by-side comparisons.)

THINGS THAT FIT~~~~~~

Takara Compact Doll (mini Jenny)
Hard to come by, but excellent fit.

Bratz Kidz (and Kidz Boyz)
Pants and skirts work fine.
Girl's tops and dresses are a little hit-and-miss, mainly because the girls are completely flat-chested (so all but the most flat-chested Shinkis will have to remove their breast plate to put on shirts). Normal shirts will become crop tops on Shinki.
Boys's sweaters are a little better.
Shoes can't fit (they snap on leg pegs).

Lil Bratz (Girls)
Nothing fits except coats, which look a little short in the sleeves. (And some hats)
Shoes are the perfect scale but don't fit - like everything Bratz, they snap on the legs. (Someone willing to invest some time in customizing feet might be able to make adaptors though.)

Lil Bratz (boyz)
Pants won't fit but shirts generally do - though they run kinda short (barely reaches the belly button and sleeves become 3/4 sleeves).

ODD FINDS~~~~~~

Keychain Licca
Most stuff is too small, but like Lil Bratz, coats and large vests can work with Shinkis.

Madame Alexander mini dolls
...Mostly too big and tacky, but some interesting pieces can be harvested like the raincoat above or little hats and capes. (There has been a few waves of those mini dolls sold as Happy Meals toys, so sometimes you can grab them for pennies at yard sales and flea markets.)

WHAT DOESN'T FIT~~~~~~~~

Bratz (Regular size)
Nothing fits (out of 3 boxes of clothing, I have only one shirt that look sort-of okay).

Monster High
Probably the only doll on the market with the same super-duper-slim proportions as Busou Shinki.
Unfortunately, they are twice the size so nothing fits.

Does anyone have a picture of the Polly Pocket clothing pieces that fit? I'd really like to see them.

Lock Cade
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 56
MMS owned: 4
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf, Partio

Post by Lock Cade » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:40 am

Oh wow, the clothes on the smaller Bratz dolls will actually fit Shinkis? Cool! Will definitely have to start searching for them so that way I can finally have some clothes for my other Shinkis; I have a couple of clothes made by Rytearik for my Angel Strarf.

Sonja
Class S Shinki

Post by Sonja » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:23 pm

Necroing this thread with some relevant information.
Azone has released some new 1/12 scale clothes.
http://www.1999.co.jp/search_e.asp?Typ1 ... one+1%2F12

A lot of them are on amiami as well but backordered, which is where I'm trying my luck first. =)

Mikuo_Hatsune
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 163
MMS owned: 13
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Murmeltier

Post by Mikuo_Hatsune » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:01 am

250$ gone to AmiAmi for 8 dresses
Last edited by Mikuo_Hatsune on Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't Follow Me On Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/ODST813