Talk about whatever you want!
Fritzel
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 1
MMS owned: 6
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Angel: Arnval Mk.2

AmiAmi Store; Legit prices?

Post by Fritzel » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:55 am

Greetings! I would just like to know from collectors here if AmiAmi's given price for the Type Angel Arnval Mk.2 is as is. Cause in Amazon, it's sold for about $317 US, and I've heard that since it's a rare find, it sells for $300+ for the mint/unopened ones, and at least $200 for even the 2nd hand ones. In AmiAmi, it sells for approximately $115. Is this reasonable pricing? I just want to know if I'm not being ripped off, especially because it'd be my first Shinki purchase.

Thank you, and have a good day!
Vergiss die wahrheit nicht.

yincka
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 4
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Xiphos

Re: AmiAmi Store; Legit prices?

Post by yincka » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:35 pm

After checking out some of my other sources for buying shinki figures, if appears to be a fairly good price for an Mk.2 Arnval.

You could try to search for other sources just in case, but it doesn't appear to be that bad of a price.
I'm the zombie who lurks in the night seeking shinki parts trough a wasteland of a forgotten past.

Fritzel
MMS Naked

Post by Fritzel » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:17 am

Just found out there was a bit of damage to the contents of the package. I might look for a different shop with better quality of content and fairly low price. Say about $200 or so?

Anyways, thanks!

Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Shinkis owned: 33
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Post by Xehn » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:11 am

amiami is a legit store. their prices are far more accurate than the scalpers you'll find on ebay or amazon.
likewise, mandarake is also a good place to look.

Fritzel
MMS Naked

Post by Fritzel » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:02 am

Thanks for leading me to Mandarake! The prices indeed seem really good and reasonable.

Sadly, I wasn't able to find an Arnval Mk.2 aside from the Tempesta one. Thanks anyway!

EDIT: I found the original white Arnval Mk.2. I just had to paste in the Japanese translation of "Arnval". Thanks! I'll keep a lookout on this until I'm able to grab it. (Oh and what does "Storefront Stock" mean? Does that mean it's only available for pickup in their stores and not for shipping?)

Caterwaul
News Reporter
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by Caterwaul » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:56 pm

Just note Amiami and Mandarake are Japanese stores, and Japanese collectors tend to be very particular about their condition. Look for damaged boxes, as that tends to knock off a bit from the price, even though the contents are fine.

Pygar
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 10
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Post by Pygar » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:17 pm

Caterwaul wrote:Just note Amiami and Mandarake are Japanese stores, and Japanese collectors tend to be very particular about their condition. Look for damaged boxes, as that tends to knock off a bit from the price, even though the contents are fine.
I've bought a number of Shinki from Mandarake. I always look for the ones with the damaged boxes. I've always been happy with the quality of the figures, and I don't really care so much about the box. I've also noticed that Mandarake's idea of "damaged box" is a lot different from mine. I've had a hard time detecting the "damage" on the boxes of the Shinki I've bought through them.

Fritzel
MMS Naked

Post by Fritzel » Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:12 am

Pygar wrote:
Caterwaul wrote:Just note Amiami and Mandarake are Japanese stores, and Japanese collectors tend to be very particular about their condition. Look for damaged boxes, as that tends to knock off a bit from the price, even though the contents are fine.
I've bought a number of Shinki from Mandarake. I always look for the ones with the damaged boxes. I've always been happy with the quality of the figures, and I don't really care so much about the box. I've also noticed that Mandarake's idea of "damaged box" is a lot different from mine. I've had a hard time detecting the "damage" on the boxes of the Shinki I've bought through them.
I guess they're really careful about the quality of everything included in the product, huh? But wouldn't that be a financial loss to them, since other stocks sold around the world are much more expensive and they could earn more than what their selling price is?