Moderator: Caterwaul

Caterwaul
News Reporter
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Warning: MMS3rd Compatibility Issues - Expanded

Post by Caterwaul » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:41 am

A new, expanded warning was placed up today. It details several compatibility issues with MMS 1st Bodies.

Old Warning post HERE for reference.
New Warning - HERE

Forced translation

"The MMS3rd body was created with the goal of making a better figure in terms of proportions, ease of use, and playability. Unfortunately, in the process we have modified some parts on the new body that have limited compatibility with older products. This article lists the various problems with compatibility. We ask you refer to these charts when mixing and matching parts.

Neck Joint Issues
The construction of the neck joint was changed in order to achieve a wider range of mobility. Getting parts on over/around the upper parts may be difficult because of this. Please use caution as using to much force in the process may damage the neck joint. Because of these issues, the following four items are not compatible with the MMS3rd Body.

Waffebunny EX set
Zyrdarya
Waffedolphin EX Set
Zelnograd EX Set Plus Body"

MMS 1st Body to MMS 3rd Body Issues
Using the list of joints above, please use the following chart to see which parts are compatible between the MMS 1st and MMS 3rd body.

O=Compatible X=Not Compatible
1st to 3rd.gif
1st to 3rd.gif (2.44 KiB) Viewed 19627 times
※Due to design considerations, some combinations will not result in pretty lines.

Shinki Compatibility List
Following is a chart of MMS 1st style Shinkis. Please use this chart in combination with the above list.

O=Compatible X=Not Compatible △=Limited Compatibility
Chart.gif
Chart.gif (21.8 KiB) Viewed 19635 times
Last edited by ShadowDragon on Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed images

cutheard
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 6
Favorite MMS/Shinki: all

Re: Warning: MMS3rd Compatibility Issues - Expanded

Post by cutheard » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:13 am

looks like all the old shinki leg armors at part "D" are not compatible with mms 3rd :?

thanks for the chart :thumbsup:
*reserved space*

Lockdown72
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 6
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Tigris

Post by Lockdown72 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:05 pm

Looks like I'll be needing to track down MMS 1st or 2nd bodies for Tsgaru and Schmetting, as Tsugaru would probably require somehow bypassing the issue with the lower legs by simply subsituting the entire leg units, which is impossible without any spare early compatible legs to start with, along with looking really strange (although I don't own her set, so I don't know what goes at points D and G, but if they would look tolerable with the tall body, then I might reconsider) and for Schmetting, while she'd be better off short to justify why I even want her, she aparently can't use her back butt bow and chest plate, which is a pretty sizeable part of her set since she's not got much.

Dakarriel
Class B Shinki
MMS owned: 13
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Post by Dakarriel » Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:35 am

Okay, I just got all my new MMS 3rd naked bodies in today. Here are the issues as far as I can tell by the fiddling around with them I did (note, I only got tall bodies)

Neck/head The neck unit is now attached to the torso via a circular joint pinned into the torso, rather than a ball joint. It makes it so the neck is very dextrous, compared to the old bodies, but as stated earlier, has the risk of breaking.

Chest. The chest uses a wraparound breast type, which is like the chests partio and pomock uses. They have an adapter chest peice to use old shinki chest units, but these adapter peices suck, at best. The chests are loose and seem to stick out too far when using the adapter. Without the adapter peice, the old chests are unusable. This issue isn't only with wraparound chest peices, as I tried it with an Ach chestpeice, a harmony grace chestpeice and a eukrante chestpeice. The chestpeices do fit, but they're pretty awkward.

Legs. If you want to remove the old legs and replace them with an mms 2nd or below, they will work, however, the mms 3rd legs cannot fit nicely into an mms 2nd or below torso. Additionally, all leg units that utilize the shin connection point probably won't work. I know eukrante's boots don't work with it. The thigh seperation point doesn't hold older equipment peices well. This was tried with Ach's legplates. Leg units that equip onto the washer with a female connector (those washer connecters that come with all the shinkis, that can go on thigh, upper arm, or hand) will work, providing you use one of the washer/female connector units that came with the MMS 3rd. On the plus side, MMS 3rd naked bodies come with feet with toes. I like toes.

Arms. Same issue with legs. Tried attaching ach's armplates and eukrante's armplates to an mms 3rd. Didn't work so well, very loose.

Back. All the old armors that utilize the two lumbar back pegs DO NOT WORK. I attempted to use two of my armors, and the same thing happened. The screw they stuck into the upper back peg makes the back unit fit only slightly in. I suppose a figure can be displayed with a back unit like this, but any excess motion will cause the back unit to fall off.

Other than that, the MMS 3rd bodies are arguably very nice. They're made of a softer plastic that seems less rigid and breakable, The new thigh/hip joints work far better, as the rounded upper thigh section doesn't scrape against the hip area like the old shinkis used to. The breasts come with slight nipple marks (VERY slight), and they're just as posable as before. The new wraparound (over the top) chestpeices are a change from before, but still, rather nice, and are pretty okay on their own. They also come with an extra set of hands, so that they can hold swords better, or something (so, they come with the gun hand/stationary, gun hand w/wrist, sword hand w/wrist, fist, open hand). Oh yeah, and the toes. Nice touch.

Overall, the MMS 3rd fixes a lot of issues I had with previous shinki bodies, however, they are HUGELY incompatable with the old armors to the point of wondering WHAT THE FUCK. If you're buying MMS bodies to use with EX armor sets, try, try and find a body that's MMS 2nd or below. If you're making your own light armor shinkis out of extra heads and spare parts, then by all means, the MMS 3rd is a delightful addition to your shinki collection.

It's freakin' late. I'll post pics tomorrow (technically later today).

Dakarriel
Class B Shinki

Post by Dakarriel » Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:58 pm

PICS!

Two of my MMS 3rd light armor shinkis.

Toes! And the chest adapter.

Bewbs.

Small Bewbs.

Torso of the MMS 3rd

Loose chest peices

Back mounting points (hard to see, but MMS 3rd has a screw in top lumbar mounting point, which makes it largely incompatable with previous back armors)

The cuties in MMS 3rd, again.

Blank Page Opera
MMS Naked

Post by Blank Page Opera » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:39 am

Thanks for the pics Dakarriel.

Its too bad about some of the incompatibilities, but overall it looks like a welcome change. Really looking forward to more Shinkis using the 3rd bodies.

Caterwaul
News Reporter
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by Caterwaul » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:29 am

The hips ARE a LOT better, and I dont miss the wrist spacers.

Dakarriel
Class B Shinki

Post by Dakarriel » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:54 pm

I'd always take the wrist spacers off anyway, ever since almost losing one back when I just had my first shinki. Even the old bodies work well without having a wrist spacer. Also, the MMS 3rd does come with wrist spacers (at least, the naked bodies do). They're just not automatically put on the doll.

pyroko
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 12
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Murmeltier

Post by pyroko » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:24 pm

Lockdown72 wrote:Looks like I'll be needing to track down MMS 1st or 2nd bodies for Tsgaru
if you can find the Sky Girls mms figures i used one of those(Otoha i think was her name) with a tiny bit of exacto knife work to fit everything together. ended up being decently cheaper than buying a naked for me.

Vocaloid
Class C Shinki

Post by Vocaloid » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:21 am

Hmm, so this means Fubuki and Mizuki won't fit with mms 3rd tall? I got messed up bodies for both (what are the odds...)