And So It Begins (Kotobukiya Busou Shinki)

Upcoming releases, past releases, news related to Busou Shinki & MMS

Moderator: Caterwaul

Mobius
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 3
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Fliers~

Re: And So It Begins (Kotobukiya Busou Shinki)

Post by Mobius » Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:27 pm

Wow it's been a long time since I've been here. Was pulling images from here to my new computer when I saw this thread and I started bouncing up and down with a silly grin on my face.

I remember at least a year ago I put in a thread that the line was probably done for given how Konami seemed to completely neglect it after the anime, and then Konami went and pulled a Konami on everything else. At that point I pretty much wrote everything off.

But Kotobukiya's handling Shinkis now? And according to Caterwaul, Arnval's due for release Sept. 28th? I'm willing to throw down, but I can't find anywhere to pre-order; hell, I can't find anywhere on a Kotobukiya site that's advertising Busou Shinki. Anyone have links?

Klinkin
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Post by Klinkin » Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:52 pm

Mobius wrote:And according to Caterwaul, Arnval's due for release Sept. 28th? I'm willing to throw down, but I can't find anywhere to pre-order; hell, I can't find anywhere on a Kotobukiya site that's advertising Busou Shinki. Anyone have links?
Yeah, the September 28th date is almost certainly not going to be met. Looking at the FA Girl and Megami lines, you can expect Koto to officially announce its mecha musume kits four to six months ahead of time, generally after appearing at three WonFeses; one as concept art, one as an unpainted prototype, and one as a full-color figure. For whatever reason, however, the Shinki line's fallen behind; Arnval's been at two WonFeses as a full-color figure without an official announcement, and Strarf showed up twice as a grey proto. My guess is that Konami's screwing with Koto, which is delaying the line.

Caterwaul
News Reporter
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by Caterwaul » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:00 pm

Arent you a Debbie Downer?
But yes, I'd take that release date with a huge grain of salt. Previews has to go with advanced information due to how they operate, and things are often pushed back. The Shinki kits arent available for preorder on the Kot. US site yet, which would be my benchmark for actually ordering the thing

Poor collector
MMS Naked

Post by Poor collector » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:21 pm

The Shinki kits arent available for preorder on the Kot. US site yet, which would be my benchmark for actually ordering the thing
I checked the Japanese site, there's nothing there either. Busou Shinki should have been sold to a company who makes action figures, model kits are more complicated and fragile. Therefore, it's harder and takes longer for making the final product.
http://metzotza.blogspot.co.il - Toy reviews in Hebrew, one may use google translate.

star
Class S Shinki
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

Post by star » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:58 pm

Honestly a kit would be pretty fun. Kotobukiya really does a decent job with making them require almost no paint, really just a bit of clean up work with an exacto knife but that's just common parts runner stuff. From my experience with the line they look pretty good straight built but they photograph a bit better painted. The last kit I made from them even had carved edges on the parts that required paint making it very easy to know where to put it, the hardest part is finding quality paint that matches but if you translate the instructions, they list the paint color and type for you. Some people also do air brush their kits for soft blending and smooth gradients but honestly the kits look fine without that, honestly they look fine with no paint at all(as I haven't painted mine at all)l, and they are roughly shinki size if you wanted to pose them for photos together.

As for being fragile, I'd say they aren't really any more fragile than a normal busou shinki figure, just take care of them and don't throw them around and it should be fine. Occasionally parts fall off in posing but shinki do that too sometimes. Nothing really new. I will say they are much lighter though, the weight is probably 1/2 or even 1/3 that of a shinki depending on the kit. Just take care of them and don't apply unnecessary force when assembling of posing.

Klinkin
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Post by Klinkin » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:51 am

Poor collector wrote:I checked the Japanese site, there's nothing there either. Busou Shinki should have been sold to a company who makes action figures, model kits are more complicated and fragile. Therefore, it's harder and takes longer for making the final product.
Them being kits doesn't have anything to do with the schedule; Koto's been churning out FA Girl kits at a pretty solid clip (I think the total is three or four distinct designs this year, plus various rehashes). Also, Koto does make action figures.

halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper
Shinkis owned: 32
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Space Shuttle Arnval

Post by halconfenix » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:18 pm

maybe Koto decided to turn shinkis into action figs instead of kits? . . . ok i'm expecting too much...

but its possible that the problem lies in the licence to the franchise, because of Konami's "mood swings" so to speak...

on a somewhat related or unrelated note, CHOCO has been retweeting shinki stuff as of late...

Poor collector
MMS Naked

Post by Poor collector » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:53 pm

As for being fragile, I'd say they aren't really any more fragile than a normal busou shinki figure,
I don't own any Busou Shinki myself, but it's hard for me to believe that an action figure jointed with screws is equal in it's sturdiness to disassembled hollow model kit. I do own two toys with screws (TR Blurr and Bandai Panthro) and they're very sturdy.

Them being kits doesn't have anything to do with the schedule; Koto's been churning out FA Girl kits at a pretty solid clip (I think the total is three or four distinct designs this year, plus various rehashes). Also, Koto does make action figures.
I know, but it does contribute.
maybe Koto decided to turn shinkis into action figs instead of kits? . . . ok i'm expecting too much...
I wish...it would probably be their first time.
n a somewhat related or unrelated note, CHOCO has been retweeting shinki stuff as of late...
Who is CHOCO :question:
http://metzotza.blogspot.co.il - Toy reviews in Hebrew, one may use google translate.

Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Shinkis owned: 33
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Post by Xehn » Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:59 pm

Poor collector wrote:Who is CHOCO :question:
This is somewhat of an amusing question to have asked in this setting, but:

Choco is the designer for Ach, Yda, Sharatang, and Baby Razz.

Stanisburgh
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 49

Post by Stanisburgh » Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:20 am

Poor collector wrote:
As for being fragile, I'd say they aren't really any more fragile than a normal busou shinki figure,
I don't own any Busou Shinki myself, but it's hard for me to believe that an action figure jointed with screws is equal in it's sturdiness to disassembled hollow model kit. I do own two toys with screws (TR Blurr and Bandai Panthro) and they're very sturdy.

I know, but it does contribute.
I wish...it would probably be their first time.
n a somewhat related or unrelated note, CHOCO has been retweeting shinki stuff as of late...
Who is CHOCO :question:
Why are you even here.

Cat: You quoted the entire thing, just to be an ass? Dont do either of those.