Shinkis owned: 11
MMS owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka

Re: Heckfire's Shinkis

Post by Adventwings » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:41 am

Caterwaul wrote:*plays catchup*
...You realize Onii-chan is for guys, right? :D
That was probably one of the unspoken punchlines. XD

Anyway, playing catch-up here as well. That's quite a lot of shinkis in such a short time! Congratulations on your collection!

Also, if it's any consolation, MMS Type Ojou is sort of hard to find even on YJA. Though, if I remember correctly, not as wallet-busting as the Frontline-designed shinkis.

P.S., Oni-chan (おにーちゃん/鬼ーちゃん) is workable, since it translates to "Ogre-chan" as opposed to Oniichan (おにいちゃん/お兄ちゃん).
<<Should you fail, try and try again.>>

Heckfire
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 24
MMS owned: 6
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Do I HAVE to choose?

Post by Heckfire » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:25 pm

Between classes and an unexpectedly heavy work schedule, I've been slow on taking photos, but I have a couple of them involving the new members of the household:
Some of the locals were startled by the new arrival...and I realized that I need to readjust my camera settings again.
Also, my son discovered that Ines and Pomock have the exact same body type...now he wants some of the more "badass" Shinkis of his own.
Nagi seems overjoyed by Mizuki-One's foxy bits, much to her surprise...meanwhile, Karasu is too startled by the presence of her earlier model to properly greet the (startlingly tiny by comparison) Ines.
Sharatang seems content to simply play her, um, leg for the time being...how exactly DOES that work again..?
"Grab a shovel-I'm one skull away from a Mouseketeer reunion." -Bender
"I'm a triceratops balancing on a daisy with spinning wheels, baby!" -Dexter

=^.^= ~~>

rubixbox
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 4
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: You mean owned or..?

Post by rubixbox » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:41 pm

God, I want a Sharatang.

Heckfire
Class A Shinki

Post by Heckfire » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:45 am

rubixbox wrote:God, I want a Sharatang.
She is a beauty, although possibly because I got mine for as cheap as I did, she has a couple of minor quirks, the worst being that her hair/back of her head tends to fall off at the slightest movement. I'm thinking I might try the old Transformers fix of thickening the peg with floor polish (not NEARLY as horrifying as it sounds), but, for now, I'm content to let her sit on my eMachine tower and play her music.

I will say, by means of conversation-starting, does anyone else notice that sometimes the Shinkis seem to dictate their own personalities in little ways? Sometimes, they're pretty much the same as the traditional or canonical portrayals, like how my Benio and Karasu strike me as proper warrior-ladies, and sometimes they seem to veer off in bizarre directions, like how my Lancemento "Betty" seemed to immediately gravitate towards "Minnesota soccer mom" or Nagi seemed less like the hikikomori "ojou-sama" of her namesake and more like a hyper-cheerful genki girl with delusions of Sailor Scout-hood. I bring this up because my new Altines seems far less the tomboyish flirt of her anime counterpart and stikes me more as almost a wandering knight-errant sort...kinda the opposite of the character I fell for in the show, but still a remarkable and loved addition to the crew.

It's...interesting, really, or proof I'm losing my mind, whichever.

=^.^= ~~>

Lock Cade
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 56
MMS owned: 4
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf, Partio

Post by Lock Cade » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:05 pm

Congrats on adding Ines, Original Mizuki, and Sharatang to your collection. :schmetterling:

Oh, and regarding the Shinkis dictating their personalities... well I can tell you that my Maryceles ISN'T the psycho she is commonly portrayed. My Maryceles is actually quite normal, a very happy-go-lucky girl who has adopted a handful of Littlest Pet Shop octopi and has a wonderful relationship with my Valona (the two are practically inseparable).

Heckfire
Class A Shinki

Post by Heckfire » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:04 pm

Just couple of quick pics before class: last week, the next-to-last of my tax refund splurge arrived in the form of Howling (and a MaoChao for my son), seen here being..."greeted" by Valona and Alice.
By way of personality, she strikes me as being a very by-the-books guard-dog/police type type, which, I admit, is kind of refreshing considering the normal chaos around here...
Of course, being the "civic minded" type, she's also not above greeting the neighbors and letting her personal drone "pack" get a little well-deserved R&R with the Gasha-Drossels (also, I have NO idea why Scarlet is wearing Alice's dress here...or, more importantly, what its normal wearer is doing without it. I hope she at least kept her underwear on this time...)
Meanwhile, Karasu has finally caught her older "sister's" attention, or at least her choice of horns has, much to Nagi's delight and Razz's amusement. The poor girl is badly damaged, though, with screws rusted so bad the plastic is discolored in places (and at least one will probably require drilling to replace); I knew this getting her, though, and decided having even a damaged version was worth the risk. Fortunately, this doesn't seem to have damaged her personality any; in fact, she seems extremely affectionate and curious, perhaps appropriate for someone who seems to have embraced her "fox" nature as much as she has. In fact, I'm leaning towards "Kitsu" as her name (and "Dobie" for the Howling, however she seems to prefer "Officer Howling" in most instances).

=^.^= ~~>

rubixbox
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 4
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: You mean owned or..?

Post by rubixbox » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:05 pm

Ouch. Sorry about Karasu's screws being rusted.
Heckfire wrote: I will say, by means of conversation-starting, does anyone else notice that sometimes the Shinkis seem to dictate their own personalities in little ways? Sometimes, they're pretty much the same as the traditional or canonical portrayals, like how my Benio and Karasu strike me as proper warrior-ladies, and sometimes they seem to veer off in bizarre directions, like how my Lancemento "Betty" seemed to immediately gravitate towards "Minnesota soccer mom" or Nagi seemed less like the hikikomori "ojou-sama" of her namesake and more like a hyper-cheerful genki girl with delusions of Sailor Scout-hood. I bring this up because my new Altines seems far less the tomboyish flirt of her anime counterpart and stikes me more as almost a wandering knight-errant sort...kinda the opposite of the character I fell for in the show, but still a remarkable and loved addition to the crew.
They do sometimes. Why do you think Strarf is so commonly portrayed as a Dark Action Girl, and Pomock is a hyperactive ball of squirrel?

Heckfire
Class A Shinki

Post by Heckfire » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:16 pm

So, over in the Comics section, I detail some of the temporary measures I took with Kitsu because of her rust damage. This is part of what I'm talking about:
This was the clearest pic I could get...as you can (possibly) see the rusted screws, including the upper left one which is so badly rusted it's actually partially gone. If anyone has any suggestions of how I can replace them, I'd appreciate it, although it's not critical...I have no plans on reselling her, I'm just concerned about further damage. Fortunately most of the rust damage to the plastic itself was able to be cleaned off with a bit of elbow grease.

Now, onto the non-serious stuff...
After I took this picture of Valona and Tigris greeting the last of this year's tax refund splurges, I realized that I still haven't even properly greeted the FIRST of this year's arrivals yet. Don't worry, I'll get some pics of them this week...meanwhile, here's a couple of pics my son took last year that I found on the memory card and thought were worth sharing:
I...um...I'm not really sure what's going on here. Near as I can tell, Nagi's watching as my son's Pomock uses Generations Metroplex's head-turret controls to take the Titan-class giant for a spin.
Pomock and my son's favorites among my girls do a tribute to his current favorite anime, "Attack on Titan." I THINK maybe one of his ideas for the previous picture was for it to be another tribute, but Pomock had her own ideas, apparently...

Anyway, now over to my "Toys In The Attic" thread..!

=^.^= ~~>

Stanisburgh
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 49

Post by Stanisburgh » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:09 am

Take the screws out and let them soak in vinegar for a night or two, see if the rust will come off.

Otherwise, there are aftermarket screws available on YJA right now from here:

http://page18.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/a ... w116539312

You will need a middleman like noppin or fromjapan, however.

Plus side is that they're quite nicer than the stock screws and of sharper detail.