Klinkin's Shinki Lab: Updated for the holidays!

For showing off your Busou Shinki & MMS toys

Moderators: Deviant Anomaly, halconfenix

Klinkin
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 2
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Klinkin's Shinki Lab: Updated for the holidays!

Post by Klinkin » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:38 pm

Well, I'm finally making one of these threads. I've had my Shinki for over two years now, and I've made more than one custom, so I might as well show them off. So, to start, here are the two cute little gynoids that are front and center on one side of my overcrowded display shelf: Eukrythæ and Æeta. In order of acquisition, let me first introduce Eukrythæ:

Eukrythæ
Frame: Magic Market MM08.SR MMS Type Siren
Armor: Customized MMS Type Siren/Delta Kai hybrid
My first Shinki, 'Rythæ is the figure that's gotten the most love out of my collection, though Æeta's a close second. I've given her a much heavier frame than the original Eukrante series, along with heavier weaponry and an AWACS dome. Her preferred weapon is her Kotobukiya modular linear rifle.
Here she is fully armored. Aside from the obvious Delta Kai parts, her wings have been augmented with Valkyrie wing sections, she has a visor below her crest, and a custom antenna array on the right side of her head.
Showing off her new and improved wingspan. I'm a big fan of big wings, even at this relative scale. Also, her legs are digitigrade, another aesthetic I'm fond of.
Rear shot of the backpack. The original Eukrante leg armor pieces have been re-purposed as engine cowlings.
And no Eukrante-derivative model would be complete without a Tempest. 'Rythæ's Tempest is similar to the original, but with a high mega cannon barrel added for increased firepower.

Æeta's pictures to come shortly! After her, I've got several more figures I need to photograph, as well as some WIP shots of the pair helping me build some models. I apologize for the lighting issues; I'm working primarily with natural light, which gets finicky. Lastly, for the record, æ is pronounced like a hard "A" with a tiny bit of a hard "E" at the end. As some of you may have noticed, I'm a fan of dipthongs, Greek letters, accents, and general cokebottles.
Last edited by Klinkin on Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper
Shinkis owned: 32
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Space Shuttle Arnval

Re: Klinkin's Shinki Lab: Better Horribly Late Than Never

Post by halconfenix » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:39 pm

now i regret not having an eukrante of my own....

AWESOME PICS!!! :headbang:

oOnyaOo
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 14
MMS owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling and Partio

Post by oOnyaOo » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:37 am

She looks fantastic! I cant wait to see more!
Avalon Jane
| My Flickr | My Tumblr | My Facebook |
Keep Moving Forward

Zenislez
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 12
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Erica, Tear, Riela

Post by Zenislez » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:29 am

Awesome Klin. Just awesome.

Though, I keep wondering, how do you keep the shoulder armor on?

Care to share the secret?
"Motto Shiawase Ni Naru"

Klinkin
Class S Shinki

Post by Klinkin » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:32 pm

Thanks for the positive feedback! Zen, the shoulder armor stays on because it as a little flap that, in the original kit, goes between the torso and shoulder, but can bend outward enough to let me put it on the outside of the upper arm. If you look closely, it's the grey piece between the upper arm and the yellow spike.

Next up is Æeta!
Æeta
(Pronounced Ae-ta)
Frame: MMS Type Eagle, Air Dominance variant
Armor: MMS Type Eagle Air Dominance variant with additional weaponry
The second of my two Shinki, Æeta received the lion's share of the missiles I have. The Air Dominance frame has plenty of extra hardpoints, and I've filled most of them with missiles. Lots of missiles. There are few things that fly that she can't shoot down. She also has a large Gatling gun, which has become her favorite weapon for shooting down fast-moving targets and a shield for survivability. And yes, she has a scarf. Every good pilot needs one.
And here she is fully loaded with missiles. The missiles came from a 1/48th Hasegawa set of missiles for US aircraft. Of course, they had to be painted in her colors.
From the right side; you can see where I had to glue her stand back together. I definitely prefer the older stands. Sooner or later, I need to grab one or preferably more action bases.
And from the left, showing off the shield. Her smaller gun is stored on the inside of the shield.
Close-up of the left weapons pod. You can also see the sidewinder pylon just behind it. I'm planning to mount some lighter three-barreled guns on the bottom of those pods.
Alternate loadout; heavier anti-radiation missiles. Slow but capable of slagging a Valkyrie in a single hit, these missiles are mostly for large, relatively immobile targets, unlike the rest of Æeta's loadout, which is geared towards air superiority. Also, you will not believe how many tries it took to get a picture this sharp; these missiles seem to innately screw with cameras.

Next up: the two help me build my first MG Gunpla!

Zenislez
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 12
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Erica, Tear, Riela

Post by Zenislez » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:42 pm

Oh, nice. I can see the shield and gatling gun come from a certain bandai extra weapon.

And the missiles....HGGGH.

Too bad the academy one I had is way too brittle for any use.

1/48 Hasegawa set.....need to jot it down and see if I can find one if I have the chance.

And an MG. Can't wait to see.

And speaking of an MG, still need to track down an MG Ez-8 myself.
"Motto Shiawase Ni Naru"

Klinkin
Class S Shinki

Post by Klinkin » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:24 pm

Well, this is rather later than I had intended, but here's some WIP pictures of my first MG GunPla, a Tallgeese I. Ultimately, it's destined to be a parts donor, but mostly for accessories only; I'll have to find something to do with the base suit. The two girls were helpful...mostly...during the build.
The box. It's about the size of the box for my Delta Kai; plenty of parts. Surprisingly, the RAcaseal box was also about the same size, too, and that one had more sprues.
Not that there aren't plenty of sprues in the Tallgeese, though. Luckily, they're light enough for Shinki to carry around.
Putting together the torso. Gundam torsos are always so small...
Æeta decided to try on the finished head. I'm not sure how she got it on, but it predictably got stuck.
Not to be deterred, Æeta went for the arm next. This time, the fit was a little loose...
...and this was the result.
The Tallgeese can do a surprisingly good Gendo pose. Fiddling around like this is how I wind up coming up with personalities for my secondary models; my Wilber Nine wound up with a cat AI installed because of a similar event.
The legs are rather long. A little too long for a Shinki.
The inner frame on the legs is pretty impressive with how it keeps the knee parts in position, though it tends to stick a little when being straightened out.
The completed model.
It's tall.
And here it is fully armed. Unfortunately, not too many opportunities for panel lining, and at least half of them are on the accessories.
The boosters are one of the parts I'm planning on appropriating for a future project. They have a neat gimmick where the entire unit opens and closes when the back end is extended, but mine tend to stick closed.
...I still need to ask 'Rythæ how she got them to pop open like that. Gave Æeta a good startle.
'Rythæ likes the gun. Given how she can handle her Tempest, I'm pretty sure she could shoot pretty well with this thing, too.
Æeta, meanwhile, prefers her own shield to the round one of the Tallgeese.

This was my first attempt, both at taking pictures during a work in progress, and having my Shinki "help" with the build. Comments?

oOnyaOo
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 14
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling and Partio

Post by oOnyaOo » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:22 am

What a wonderful shoot! I hope you get your girls to help you more, it's adorable They certainly look is if they had fun!
Avalon Jane
| My Flickr | My Tumblr | My Facebook |
Keep Moving Forward

Mechhounds
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 11
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Benio

Post by Mechhounds » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:45 am

Nice pic's.

Klinkin
Class S Shinki

Post by Klinkin » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:18 am

Thanks! They helped to some degree with my RAcaseal, but then my camera ran out of battery for my Wilbur Nine. Planning on getting another kit or two soon, though, so I'll definitely be doing this again.