MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf Mk2

Re: Fun with Figmas!

Post by AlexG » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:36 am

Storm Wing wrote:Why bother? ;)
http://axefactory.blog137.fc2.com/blog-entry-1547.html
You're welcomed.
oh thank the lord!

I just finished the Fate/stay night series and now I have to have a figma saber (cause the figmas are way better looking than the revoltechs). unfortunately the original armored release is difficult to find anymore, but I am saved! there's a new release! plus this new 2.0 ver. looks even better than the original!

anyone know when she's scheduled to be released and a possible price point?
(i'd do the digging myself but i don't know japanese, so going through official websites is a hassle ;) , thanks in advance :schmetterling: )
Also check out Alex's WTB Thread and we'll see if we can strike a deal!

Storm Wing
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka

Post by Storm Wing » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:26 am

^Hahahaha! No problem, glad i can help.

Unfortunately, up until this point, we don't know much about this Saber 2.0 version yet. However, i'm predicting new foot joints (Mikasa Figma, Spider-Man Figma, Samus Figma & Indiana Jones Figma has this.). But that's just a wild guess. The hand parts looks kinda different, for some pose such as this picture below:
Like you, most of us are waiting for more confirmation. And if there any reissue of CASUAL Saber, it'll be an instant PO for me ^_^
Cut! Cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut CUT!!
Spin the vermin, reverse the guilt. Reverse the birth, reverse the world. Spin spin spinspinspinSPIN~~~!

AlexG
Class B Shinki
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf Mk2

Post by AlexG » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:10 am

^Thanks! that pretty much confirms what i had suspected about this, since it was only announced a little while ago, there's no solid info on it.

and I agree, the feet/legs look significantly different from the original release and, just like the original, that set of hands is likely designed specifically for that pose, since it's pretty much her standard pose. a saber that couldn't pull this pose off wouldn't be worth it to many people. it looks to me as though her left hand may be able to nest into her right hand more than it is in that shot, and that the person in charge of the photos just didn't take the time to fiddle with it that much.

also, it may be just the quality of photos' i've seen of the original saber, but this new version appears to have significantly more and finer detail, no?

i'd imagine the price is likely to be in the same range as other recent figma, so i'd guess somewhere pretty close to $60 or more (once it gets to the states), based on how detailed she is and how large a fanbase saber has. If I'm even close to right about this it'll be an instant buy for me.
Also check out Alex's WTB Thread and we'll see if we can strike a deal!

Storm Wing
Class S Shinki

Post by Storm Wing » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:19 am

Indeed there is a newer detail on her shoes / leg. But the noticeable newer detail is her waist corset. See that area near the armor skirt? The old version don't have that silver circles & blue paint job. Any news about Saber v2.0 is awaited by every fans ^_^

And~ I'm having fun with Misaka sisters.
Left Misaka - "[Misaka, ready for long range attack.], says Misaka Unit 16397 as she wield her anti tank rifle."
Right Misaka - "[Misaka, ready for close range attack.], says Misaka Unit 09366 as she wield her assault rifle."
Center Misaka - "[Misaka, ready for total annihilation.], says Misaka Unit 00666 as she wield her gatling gun. Fufu... Fufufufufu..."
Spin the vermin, reverse the guilt. Reverse the birth, reverse the world. Spin spin spinspinspinSPIN~~~!

Storm Wing
Class S Shinki

Post by Storm Wing » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:06 am

*takes a deep breath*

LADIIIIEEES & GENTLEEEEEMAAAAAAN~!! Your wait is over!
http://axefactory.blog137.fc2.com/blog-entry-1676.html
I am the bone of my sword.

rubixbox
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 4
Favorite MMS/Shinki: You mean owned or..?

Post by rubixbox » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:35 pm

Storm Wing wrote:*takes a deep breath*

LADIIIIEEES & GENTLEEEEEMAAAAAAN~!! Your wait is over!
http://axefactory.blog137.fc2.com/blog-entry-1676.html
I am the bone of my sword.
I'd say that he needs more swords for the Unlimited Blade Works, but then again, we all collect figures, so none of us should have too much trouble getting a bunch of toy-sized sword accessories. :biggrin:

Storm Wing
Class S Shinki

Post by Storm Wing » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:55 am

rubixbox wrote:I'd say that he needs more swords for the Unlimited Blade Works, but then again, we all collect figures, so none of us should have too much trouble getting a bunch of toy-sized sword accessories. :biggrin:
That's the least of my concern. What i'm hoping: Will this figure included with the Unlimited Blade Works DL Stage Papercraft? You know, just like the Class room papecraft (from Haruhi Suzumiya figmas).

Storm Wing
Class S Shinki

Post by Storm Wing » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:31 am

My own speed metal band ;) The MFs (Metal Figmas)

Heckfire
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 24
MMS owned: 6
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Do I HAVE to choose?

Post by Heckfire » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:07 am

I guess I should also post a couple of pics here, since it was two Figmas (and a Revoltech) that finally got me over my crippling "buyer's remorse" and got me back into my Shinki collection.
Namely Scarlet Rain (from "Accel World") and Alice (from "Queen's Gate"), both gotten as impulse purchases using the last of an Amazon gift card that I'd gotten and forgotten about; the 1/12-scale Shimakaze daimakura was a keychain I'd gotten off eBay whose "keychain" part broke off on arrival (the perils of getting something from a Hong Kong seller).
The second Figma I got was Drossel von Flugel (from Disney's "Fireball"), with the intent of having her and Scarlet be paired up. However, Drossel didn't arrive until over a month and a half later, and, when she did, she was in an open box with her her arm broken off; the one seen here is the second one I got (I'm STILL waiting for my refund on the first), and she STILL had an open box and a broken stand. Her right pigtail peg also broke, but I'm willing to accept responsibility for that for trying to swap headgear before the figure had warmed up to room temperature. Despite the issues with Drossel (seen here accompanied by her gashapon "Mini-Me" squad), I really enjoyed these new forays into "plastic crack"; however, as great as these ones are, they made me long for my Shinkis again.
Bonus pic of Valona and Razz (I named them both, "Deva" and "Janis" respectively, but they seem to prefer their model names) having a "sass-off," Valona having borrowed one of her new bestie Alice's spare undies, for...I dunno, effect?
"Grab a shovel-I'm one skull away from a Mouseketeer reunion." -Bender
"I'm a triceratops balancing on a daisy with spinning wheels, baby!" -Dexter

=^.^= ~~>

Storm Wing
Class S Shinki

Post by Storm Wing » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:04 am

My latest hauls are Super Sonicos.
Singing beggars are common sight here in Indonesia, especially Jakarta. Most of them are lame, some of them are cool. But if i ever meet one like this, i won't hesitate to give her a IDR50.000 bill :lol:

Sonico: "Umm... I don't know how to start with... How about this tune?"
*plays 'Enter Sandman' intro from Metallica*
Me: "SHUT UP & TAKE MY MONEY!!" :headbang:

You gotta ask... If the box is smaller, why the hell the white bikini version is so goddamn expensive than the suntanned version... Even if you got her WITHOUT the Bluray dvd... :|

Almost like a 'sukumizu' tan, huh?