Shinki Safety Transport! I MADE A THING!!! 4/16/14

Questions and discussion on all things related to Busou Shinki & MMS toys.

Moderator: Caterwaul

Shinki_Crazed
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 1
MMS owned: 1

Shinki Safety Transport! I MADE A THING!!! 4/16/14

Post by Shinki_Crazed » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:29 am

My Shinki Alice has been with me for a whole week now, and so far she is just great to have around! I decided to take her sefety into my own hands by creating a safe way to transport her when I take her out for some photography
I started out with this box my cousin gave me from his job

I used a high velocity dremel tool to rid of all the unnecessary walls

Before

After

After that I covered the hole with thick index cards, added some apoxie and let it cure over night.

I then sanded it down and began to work on the inside of the box!

I used soft sponge on both top and bottom, I then covered the sponge with a nice fabric I found at the swapmeet.

I covered the out side with table cloth I found at a craft shop, I really like the design on it :cheesygrin:

I felt like it needed something so I used this old bracelet to finish off the outside

I left this side compartment on the inside to have space for Alice's hands, weapons, and extra face.

Alice fits very well in it, there is no room for her to bounce around and get hurt while in the box (With her legs extended outwards a bit) She looks so cute sleeping :*)

And some extra pictures for the heck of it :spot:

Last edited by Shinki_Crazed on Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:08 am, edited 3 times in total.

Caterwaul
News Reporter
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Re: Shinki Safety Transport!

Post by Caterwaul » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:43 am

Well, I store my shinkis mostly disassembled in a compartmentalized container originally meant for tools and parts. But I have more then one.

For a singular shinki, the main things you'd want to worry about are the paint scraping off and losing parts. I'll let the others who take their shinkis with them answer that one.

oOnyaOo
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 14
MMS owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling and Partio

Post by oOnyaOo » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:01 pm

Congrats! You'll love her I'm sure!
Glasses cases are good. Especially if you keep the cloth to wrap round your shinki if you're packing equipment with her or another shinki. Pencil cases would also work.

I also have a digital camera case that I use a lot. It looks like a little suit case. You can see it here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/aerohail/11036281725/

Makeup bags are also good. You can get really nice ones that come with pouches and such if you want to store all the bits separately. Good for bringing extra photo props as well. I don't have a picture of the one I use just for shinki/doll travel but any one should do! You also get nice hard bodied ones.

Speaking of stronger cases, I have used a watch gift box in the past for transporting one or two shinkis about. They're nice and tough and good if you cant have a designated spot in a bag for the carry case.
Avalon Jane
| My Flickr | My Tumblr | My Facebook |
Keep Moving Forward

rubixbox
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 4
Favorite MMS/Shinki: You mean owned or..?

Post by rubixbox » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:52 pm

Shinki_Crazed wrote:I am currently waiting for my first Shinki to arrive. I ordered a Light Armor - Werkstra! And I plan on taking her with me when I'm out and about. Can you guys suggest or share how you transport your shinkies when they accompany you? I want to take care of her properly when she finally gets here :*)
Generally, if I wish to take one or more of my Shinkis/Figmas/other expensive imported figures that I don't think will survive a trip in my bags, I'll bring them and their accessories along in a spare Shinki/Figma box with the plastic inserts taken out. I'm kind of cheap like that.

Shinki_Crazed
Class C Shinki

Post by Shinki_Crazed » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:08 am

Great advice people! Much appreciated:) I now know what to look for when I get home!

oOnyaOo
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 14
MMS owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling and Partio

Re: Shinki Safety Transport! I MADE A THING!!! 4/16/14

Post by oOnyaOo » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:34 pm

Looks really good! You've done an awesome job!
Avalon Jane
| My Flickr | My Tumblr | My Facebook |
Keep Moving Forward

Klinkin
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Post by Klinkin » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:24 pm

Fancy! I must admit, my Shinki get Tupperware storage (with armor additions, they've both easily outgrown their original boxes). If I was really worried about safety and transport, I'd likely invest in one of those customizable foam army carriers used for wargaming.

Zenislez
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 12
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Erica, Tear, Riela

Post by Zenislez » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:33 am

Really nicely done.

Just a bit input though if you prefer buying than making, a camera case can also be a good base for storing shinkis.

But still, I think yours is one of the best solution.
"Motto Shiawase Ni Naru"

Shinki_Crazed
Class C Shinki

Post by Shinki_Crazed » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:07 pm

oOnyaOo wrote:Looks really good! You've done an awesome job!
I got the idea from the link you sent me! So thanks :thumbsup:

Shinki_Crazed
Class C Shinki

Post by Shinki_Crazed » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:08 pm

Klinkin wrote:Fancy! I must admit, my Shinki get Tupperware storage (with armor additions, they've both easily outgrown their original boxes). If I was really worried about safety and transport, I'd likely invest in one of those customizable foam army carriers used for wargaming.
Those seem pretty durable!