Moderator: Sword

halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper
Shinkis owned: 32
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Space Shuttle Arnval

Re: Battle Rondo file archive (.rar)

Post by halconfenix » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:09 pm

that certainly looks like 2011-12 versión of 3DSMAX.....

Sciver wrote: Well, anyway, about those .bin files, have you unpacked them into the .txd .dff .rbin .anm files?
havent done that yet.... but will do when i have the time... and again.... let us know if you found something more on you side ok? :cheesygrin:

Sciver
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 3
MMS owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Estri/Graffi/Proxi

Post by Sciver » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:22 pm

Well, this script for Blender 2.63+ will import some Diorama Studio models, but not all are complete (like faces)

Link

Its something for the non-Max people at least.

EDIT: I discovered the version I was testing on my laptop was 2.62, and that was why it did not work. 2.63 and up should work fine.

EDIT2:

Here is a link to the 3DS Max Importer plugin for versions 2010, 2011, and 2012

EDIT3:
And here is a version that requires the Max.NET plugin also be installed.

halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper

Post by halconfenix » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:19 pm

ok i finally had some (Little) time to extract the files and see what's in them...

i decided to separate the battle rondo and diorama studio files on different folders to see if there's any size difference and for what i can tell the bulk of the game in on the battle rondo folder (so pretty much Diorama studio uses the resources from there... i'm still wondering why konami decided to put dstudio on a different folder if 90% of the stuff it uses isnt even there...)

one thing that i want to ask before i advance any further is: ¿does quickbms extract only the relevant files or all files? because the sound files are too damn small and there's a lot of folders that are empty....

(just to note: quickbms asked me to overwrite existent files or skip them, i did the latter, maybe i needed to overwrite after all?)

offtopic edit: i almost break myself in tears of pure nostalgia after hearing the sound files from the "agl" folder (aka: arnval's voice files) :*) :*(

halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper

Post by halconfenix » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:38 pm

sorry for the double (triple!?) posting but... well... it didn't work... i installed the scripts and tried to import the files into 3dsmax 2010 (x64) and... nothing....

i dont know if its because i'm using the 64 bit versión or maybe because i didn't ovewrite the files when quickbms asked me to....

does someone here can give it a try? i'll try again at work and see what happens there... but iw would be useful if someone else manage to open those dff files and find some use for them....

Caterwaul
News Reporter
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by Caterwaul » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:15 am

Out of curiosity (And yeah, I realize I'm a bit late here), what format are the sound files?

halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper

Post by halconfenix » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:45 pm

Caterwaul wrote:Out of curiosity (And yeah, I realize I'm a bit late here), what format are the sound files?
.ogg

AlexG
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf Mk2

Post by AlexG » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:26 pm

Just to clarify for someone who doesn't really know much of anything about battle rondo (or even computers really)
even with the applications and data files, there is no way to use BR or DS anymore, since it requires communication with the online server to operate, correct?

i downloaded the files and might see if i can import them into any of the software that i have, but i doubt I'll have any success, so don't get your hopes up.
Also check out Alex's WTB Thread and we'll see if we can strike a deal!

halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper

Post by halconfenix » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:32 am

AlexG wrote:Just to clarify for someone who doesn't really know much of anything about battle rondo (or even computers really)
even with the applications and data files, there is no way to use BR or DS anymore, since it requires communication with the online server to operate, correct?
correct! so right now all the stuff contained within the game is useless until someone manage to successfully export the 3D files, the sound (read: voice) files are a-ok though... if someone needs them (and assuming there's no rule breaking here) let me know.

AlexG wrote: i downloaded the files and might see if i can import them into any of the software that i have, but i doubt I'll have any success, so don't get your hopes up.
good luck with that!

ArcticKitsune
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Renge & Kohiru

Post by ArcticKitsune » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:30 am

I'm back here because of VRchat that I may also be back here because of Rising World later that there's something I must know. Maybe you guys won't read this in time, or miss it, just what is the roster for the Shinkis in the files? Is Kohiru, Renge, and/or Gabrine in there? I could take Benio, but I'm 100% focused on Renge here. Trying to use these files so I can use them in these two games to keep their spirit alive still. I'm serious. I'm not joking.

If anybody knows please chime in here, or ping me on my Twitter @ArcticuKitsu as soon as you see this. I need to know as soon as possible. SOrry for the rush but I 100% want/need Renge right now, among others. Gabrine especially on the side.

I do apologise for my behaviour in 2017 but I'm only human. I do human things. Let's at the very least make this VRchat avatar thing possible, please.

halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper

Post by halconfenix » Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:39 pm

FINALLY!!

the 3D files are in DFF format (used for the old GTA games) and the textures are in TXD format, sadly i have not managed to get a working TXD viewer/converter... but it's just a matter of time now!