Upcoming releases, past releases, news related to Busou Shinki & MMS

Moderator: Caterwaul

Aurea Arleigh
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 4
MMS owned: 0

Re: looking for news.

Post by Aurea Arleigh » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:58 am

Zenislez wrote:It's nice to see that they are not dead, however don't forget.

They keep churning out merchandise after merchandise, yet no news about the main line.
Which is good news for me currently since Renge is now in charge of my finances. :eek:

Megaphone
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 54
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Fubuki

Post by Megaphone » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:08 am

this is a 100% the japanese hobby, Estoril-Busou Shinki Full Scratch.
http://www.fg-site.net/archives/3038710

:fubuki:

Shiaoran
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 47
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altlene

Post by Shiaoran » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:36 am

Megaphone wrote:this is a 100% the japanese hobby, Estoril-Busou Shinki Full Scratch.
http://www.fg-site.net/archives/3038710

:fubuki:
Asians... XD
Can't wait to see it finished!

Klinkin
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Post by Klinkin » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:54 am

Impressive. I bet most of us wish we had that kind of skill. I hope that Konami lets the maker make recasts and sell them.

Caterwaul
News Reporter
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by Caterwaul » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:14 am

Well, it's not like they've stopped garage kits in the past.

star
Class S Shinki
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

Post by star » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:58 am

have there been any new shinki since the anime? just curious, just seems odd they'd spend the money to make an anime and then abandon the series

poppie
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Just my comment turned into a thesis

Post by poppie » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:36 am

star wrote:have there been any new shinki since the anime? just curious, just seems odd they'd spend the money to make an anime and then abandon the series
Nope. No new anything. I have a theory. I think they want to keep profiting off the line but something is stopping them. Could be factory issues, I don't know if it's popularity because Figma seems like the biggest label and they look way different than Busou Shinki (people love discreet joints but imo the obvious joints add personality to the line). But people are spending obscene amounts of money on them in the aftermarket (crazy: $200, $300 is an average price range), not sure if collectors or just a strong following. Not even talking about Japanese fans, there are way more there and I see many active Twitter accounts practically based on Busou Shinki; Japan is a tight niche country so if you see a blog about Busou Shinki, no doubt they're popular. Overall, if it's only popular with the cult following of collectors (Like me, I love BS for their customization) I don't think they can make that move; If Busou Shinki is a genuinely good product line at a good pricepoint (I think it is) like Figma, then I can see them (Konami) picking up the line again. Why not, it was huge only 2-3 years ago.

Imo the less you think about it, the quicker the days pass and this hiatus will end someday, at least with a formal end to the line instead of leaving us without news. I still buy them sometimes off Amazon, but I'm fine ignoring Busuo Shinki and checking back every month or two... Time will fly by quicker that way and I'm sooo hoping for good news (the day that happens, I might go crazy happy and flip things over)

The lines main flaw is that they can run out of ideas. Labels like Figma (most popular right now) are easy to manage. They just buy the rights to a popular anime or something and create the characters in figure form. Busou Shinki has to rely on it's own creative designers. IMO, that makes for a superior figure line but sadly, people like Figma because they take what's hot and make it into figures.

Don't forget they also need ideas for a comeback, something to cause market hype like a brand new shinki design. They need some creative minds to kick start the profit machine... and market analysis, etc... Why would they start an anime and not profit off merchandise, I don't understand, such a waste. I really really think it's a production issue.

Also, the company might be silent for now but FG-Site (one of the main figure appreciation/art sites) and Japanese figure enthusiasts still love them. I've seen custom figures that look just as nice or better than the official line... I love that.

star
Class S Shinki

Post by star » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:15 am

I feel like ignoring the line for a while will eventually turn into forgetting the line though, I do suppose production places could be an issue but it's been a really long time and it seems like they are just going to leave us here with only prototypes(which were not released) of the bike girls who even appeared in bm mk2

And has it really been 2 years? WOW! I never got an Ach after all this time T_T oh well, I'm too broke from buying books for this semester to go buy any figures now...

Klinkin
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Post by Klinkin » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:38 pm

I'm going to agree with Poppie in that Konami likely ran into issues outside their control that forced them to put the line on hold for some time. Factory issues seems to be the most likely explanation; there was a rush of "factory rejects" that appeared on Chinese auction sites coinciding with the two final releases, which would lead one to expect that there was theft at the factory. That said, I'm not sure why that would cause this much of a hiatus, though I'm not sure how hard it would be to get another factory. There also might be the issue that the line basically ended right at a peak; with the anime just wrapping up, a Valkyrie rerelease following the MkII rerelease would have made sense, maybe even a Mao/Hao rerelease. They were really pushing the merch following the anime, which makes me think they were all set for a rather large Shinki push...and then something happened. For all we know, they invested too much in that push and can't justify restarting the line at current market prices (and with the yen as weak as it is).

star
Class S Shinki

Post by star » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:31 pm

well that could also be. I just feel like they've stopped trying, I doubt finding a new factory takes this long and I doubt they'd be selling the new figures for current market prices if they did make more. I think the line has gone up so much since it has sorta stopped being made but if new figures were to be produced, prices would drop a bit again, it's like if there is less of something, prices go up since there is higher demand and people are willing to pay more but when there is more of something, prices go down as people begin willing to pay less for something so common however the line is rather hard to get right now because many people are not selling so I expected the prices to sky rocket. I have no idea what konami is doing but they should at least give us some info as to the problems they may be having with the line, it's very irresponsible to leave loyal customers in the dark