Talk about other toys we collect.
Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Shinkis owned: 33
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Re: Queen's Blade Toys

Post by Xehn » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:36 pm

Which is funny, since I haven't exactly heard amazing things about the full-puni line...

Shiaoran
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 47
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altlene

Post by Shiaoran » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:46 pm

I've much to praise, very little to complain. The price seems a bit higher than it should be, but they are big figures with more expensive materials.
IMO people who complain are either those who expect it to function as a toy or those who expect an articulated figure to look as good as a statue.

Storm Wing
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka

Post by Storm Wing » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:28 pm

Not related to Queen's Blade, but one of my biggest regret is to not buy a FullPuni of Katja Ekaterina Kurae (Seikon no Qwaser) when i had the chance. She was sold @ IDR 325.000 / USD 32.50 in a local hobby shop, 3 years ago.

"oTL
Cut! Cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut CUT!!
Spin the vermin, reverse the guilt. Reverse the birth, reverse the world. Spin spin spinspinspinSPIN~~~!

star
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

Post by star » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:22 pm

I have somewhat of a review of the full puni! Nyx, she smells like rubber and nail polish which isn't a bad thing, just the first thing I noticed, I kinda liked her scent, like fresh materials and paint! Her faces aren't bad, her shoulders are much better than I thought they'd be, and the evo stand I ordered before I had been informed on proper stands actually held her fairly well, I had no issue standing her with it and I have no intent of posing her mid air when she can't even hold Funikura off the ground so it'll due just fine. When I got her all posed, she was stunning and I must say, she stands out.

Now onto the negatives: the soft plastic used on her breasts and Funikura's extra tentacle is somewhat sticky, I've worked with this plastic before in the past and it does not stand up well to heat, keep this figure cool or her breasts could indent and sag as they are hollow and watch where you let that extra tentacle touch her because it could leave marks that could require cleaning. Her skirt does come off however her top is firmly attached to both breasts and she has no replacement core parts. I found it impossible to change her hands and her joints kept falling out, I was about to get the pliers but her hands and arms are somewhat soft plastic so that could have dented something so I decided not to do that, I thought it would be ok if I just held the joint but I was worried my old pliers would even chip that so I didn't. thankfully her open hands were able to sort of hold Funikura's staff and support he flame rather well. I will have to admit though, the materials used were my biggest issue, I wish they had used a more quality material for the soft parts. I am hoping the hands are just tight because they're new though.
One more thing, the inside of her chest needs a better frame because the shoulders are just soft rubber, there is a small slab in the middle that connects her neck and shoulders to her core, then the rest is soft material except for the red parts of her dress which are fairly solid and screw with the squishy-ness of her breasts when in non-damage mode and in damage mode, the separate yet attached dress parts are still harder than the breasts and hinder the softness ever so slightly and there is a seem down the side of her breasts. One more thing, the paint on her right areola is ever so slightly messed up, I have no idea how they messed up a circle. I'd post pics but I think we all know it's not like me to post nudity.

Those were my main issues but I think it's mostly all overlookable, The biggest problem for me is the type of soft plastic used which does not handle well in heat and makes my fingers feel dry but when posed and on display, she is truly stunning, at least in my opinion with the way I posed her, although her skirt is somewhat hindering but you can move her left leg well enough, it's not the most necessary thing, don't worry about it too much, almost forgot to mention it

edit: I just wanna say her joints don't fall out too much, just be careful, all my problems were with the elbows when I rotated them and when I say shoulders, I mean the should part on her arm and the shoulder part on her chest, I was worried about her shoulders being too wide but I didn't think they were, my only issue with them is the part on her chest piece because it is soft, it's nice for some poses but I'm so worried about them sagging in heat when summer roles around, I'm keeping her in a room that's normally a decent temperature but I'm still worried that it could get hot

Storm Wing
Class S Shinki

Post by Storm Wing » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:31 am

star wrote:Her skirt does come off however her top is firmly attached to both breasts and she has no replacement core parts.
Actually, this problem will be pretty much solved if you have other Fullpuni with Nake- *cough* sorry, "Replacement" core parts. But the next thing you must do is to find the CORRECT size of her brea- *cough* sorry, "Maracas".
:*)
Spin the vermin, reverse the guilt. Reverse the birth, reverse the world. Spin spin spinspinspinSPIN~~~!

star
Class S Shinki

Post by star » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:56 am

Storm Wing wrote:Actually, this problem will be pretty much solved if you have other Fullpuni with Nake- *cough* sorry, "Replacement" core parts. But the next thing you must do is to find the CORRECT size of her brea- *cough* sorry, "Maracas".
:*)
well now they are actually selling full puni! body type figures, they come with heads with faces and hair but that's easy enough to remove LOL although good luck finding a matching pair of...maracas...LOL her's have a considerable size advantage to most I've seen and exactly matching her...ok, I'll just say this one: areolas...is gonna be hard since they are rather large, I'd say all you really need is a different core piece and then just deal with the little scrap of clothing on her...well I've said one thing, may as well say breasts LOL...and she'd need a different crotch piece to remove the panties and probably different legs so she doesn't just have random garters that go nowhere LOL but I don't have any other full puni! and I'm not spending the money for a separate body LOL I display my figures around family so I would never use it, as is I doubt I'll use her damaged mode chest piece, although with some lace(my usual cover material of choice) I could probably do a decent enough job covering to use it, I just don't feel like doing all that cutting, sewing, and carefully putting in place without being permanent. I used to just tie the lace around figures but it's so obvious that I did it that everyone knows something is there. luckily I only did that with my Melona and Echidna revoltechs for like a year, I finally desensitized most of my family enough that they are fine with their normal outfits which is so nice but I doubt I will ever reach the point that full nudity is acceptable and to be honest, I find full nudity a bit distasteful.

speaking of things I sewed with lace for figures, I have to fix my revoltech Sigui's corset, it was so small that I just made a cut in the bottom to represent the opening but that cut has ripped all the way up now T_T sewing is not my forte

star
Class S Shinki

Post by star » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:13 pm

I just wanna add that Nyx's paint, although not terribly noticeable, could be cleaner. They carve the outlines in then the paint overlaps them randomly, it's just sloppy not to mention the seams on the sides of her breasts...none of it is terribly noticeable but for the price and all the many months they put this figure off for, I expected much better

Storm Wing
Class S Shinki

Post by Storm Wing » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:15 pm

Found her in a local hobby shop.
After i got Ymir, now i must buy Cattleya on the Legacy of Revoltech line :D
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail ... URE-005453

star
Class S Shinki

Post by star » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:28 pm

LOL Ymir's right hand is sooooo cool to pose! I love the jointed gauntlet! And that's right, Cattleya is being re-released but I think I'll pass, I would love to have her too but I'd rather have money for food LOL

Storm Wing
Class S Shinki

Post by Storm Wing » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:01 pm

star wrote:LOL Ymir's right hand is sooooo cool to pose! I love the jointed gauntlet! And that's right, Cattleya is being re-released but I think I'll pass, I would love to have her too but I'd rather have money for food LOL
The re-released Cattleya is not that expensive (in my opinion). The hobby shop where i use to buy things offers me IDR 420.000 (around US$35) for her price. That's a reasonable price, if you asked me ^_^