Decals for Shinki?

Questions and discussion on all things related to Busou Shinki & MMS toys.

Moderator: Caterwaul

Mobius
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 3
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Fliers~

Decals for Shinki?

Post by Mobius » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:00 am

As I'm tackling my Tempesta's repaint for a second time, I've come across an issue. Unlike most of the other Shinki I've seen, Tempesta has a lot of decals and details on her parts that let's face it, would be an exercise in masochism to try and replicate/preserve by hand, especially when adding in a base coat of primer.

Are there any aftermarket Shinki decals out there? If not, then are there any images for Shinki decals that could be printed out on clear decal sheets? How would I go about making some if they simply don't exist? Has anyone come up with alternatives for something like this in general? Or am I pretty much just SOL?

Thanks guys, hope to hear from you soon.

Zenislez
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 12
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Erica, Tear, Riela

Re: Decals for Shinki?

Post by Zenislez » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:46 am

Unfortunately Mobius, I've never heard about someone making or selling decals for shinki.

Maybe you can try other things like, taking picture of the decals then put it in your laptop or computer and then print it to empty transparent decal paper?

Or you can try browse around and find someone that have clear photos of the decal? Unfortunately, I don't know where to find it. hope someone else know.

Or alternative is CANNIBALIZING GUNPLA DOWN TO THEIR DECALS kind of way to make your tempesta unique decals?
"Motto Shiawase Ni Naru"

Shikaze
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 9
MMS owned: 9
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Post by Shikaze » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:57 am

12zigen has some, but not exactly the kind needed for a Tempesta...

http://12zigen.heavy.jp/?p=543

http://12zigen.heavy.jp/?p=516

http://12zigen.heavy.jp/?p=457

Mobius
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 3
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Fliers~

Post by Mobius » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:41 pm

@Shikaze: Nice find but yeah gotta agree. That doesn't exactly look like stuff I'd put on a Tempesta or any battle armor to be honest.

@Zenislez: I was pondering scanning it in, but that brings up the issue of image quality, which would be a pain. Possible but certainly not my first option (parents have the scanner). Cannibalizing other kits or buying waterslides separately might work, though typically HGs have pretty crap decals; I'd have to go Master Grade to get some or look hard for 1/144th ones.

Thanks for the input guys, really appreciate it. If you find anything, keep me updated, will you? :)