Busou Shinki Ep 13 (OVA) Discussion - Spoilers here

For discussion of the Busou Shinki anime shorts and unofficial animation such as Plamoo's stop motion movies.

Moderator: Caterwaul

Klinkin
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 2
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Re: Busou Shinki Ep 13 (OVA) Discussion - Spoilers here

Post by Klinkin » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:55 pm

English subs are (finally) out from CommieSubs and are available at the usual locations.

EDIT: After watching the subbed version, this episode might be guilty of serious continuity errors--or I might be misunderstanding things. The dialogue makes it sound like FrontLine is developing the Strarf MkII line itself, which obviously throws huge continuity snarls everywhere; primarily, Ann is several years old (no age mentioned, but she remembers the house the family lived in back in Japan, and Rihito's been living in the US for several years). The Arnval and Strarf MkII lines are wavemates. This obviously makes no sense. The sensible explanation is that FrontLine is developing the monitor sub-line using the existing Strarf MkII chassis, but no mention of that is made in the dialogue. If that is the case, though, that raises the question: what is so special about the Monitor Strarfs?

Shikaze
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 9
MMS owned: 9
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Post by Shikaze » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:26 pm

Having watched that episode, it comforts me into one thing. They really should have made Hina or Ines the main character, instead of Ann. Ann is way too much of a doormat to really drive a series, and while Lene is not as bad, she's usually too much of a ditz...

Storm Wing
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka

Post by Storm Wing » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:40 pm

Finally i can watch this ova... Turns out this episode is a prologue-flashback. Fart grenade? LOLs! Naughty nurse! Heck yea! Too bad, no intense fight scene... Oh, but Ann (Strarf/Hina)'s roundhouse kick deserves a special mention. & she kicked that Orbelene's @$$ real good!
:headbang:
Cut! Cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut CUT!!
Spin the vermin, reverse the guilt. Reverse the birth, reverse the world. Spin spin spinspinspinSPIN~~~!

MrHolister
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 13
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Vitulus

Post by MrHolister » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:28 am

Shikaze wrote:Having watched that episode, it comforts me into one thing. They really should have made Hina or Ines the main character, instead of Ann. Ann is way too much of a doormat to really drive a series, and while Lene is not as bad, she's usually too much of a ditz...
Agreed.

And in retrospect, I hope this isn't the last morsel to come out for the BS girls... I fear with what Konami is doing with merch,.. it might just have been a cash grab to end a line they have no intention of bringing back to life. A last breath so to speak. I hope not,.. but it wouldn't surprise me.
Shinkis for sale or trade!
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2119

Aurea Arleigh
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 4

Post by Aurea Arleigh » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:08 am

Storm Wing wrote:Finally i can watch this ova... Turns out this episode is a prologue-flashback. Fart grenade? LOLs! Naughty nurse! Heck yea! Too bad, no intense fight scene... Oh, but Ann (Strarf/Hina)'s roundhouse kick deserves a special mention. & she kicked that Orbelene's @$$ real good!
:headbang:
Not to sound like a shinki nerd, but it was Zielbellen who got her butt whooped. And yes was one hell of a KO a little charge and roundhouse ftw!

Aurea Arleigh
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 4

Post by Aurea Arleigh » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:10 am

MrHolister wrote:
Shikaze wrote:Having watched that episode, it comforts me into one thing. They really should have made Hina or Ines the main character, instead of Ann. Ann is way too much of a doormat to really drive a series, and while Lene is not as bad, she's usually too much of a ditz...
Agreed.

And in retrospect, I hope this isn't the last morsel to come out for the BS girls... I fear with what Konami is doing with merch,.. it might just have been a cash grab to end a line they have no intention of bringing back to life. A last breath so to speak. I hope not,.. but it wouldn't surprise me.
I figured after the biker girls got shelved, it was time to give up hope on official girls. I still like seeing custom goods though to make my girls happy.

Storm Wing
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka

Post by Storm Wing » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:55 am

Fubukitsune wrote:Not to sound like a shinki nerd, but it was Zielbellen who got her butt whooped. And yes was one hell of a KO a little charge and roundhouse ftw!
Oh it's okay. You just correct my error, & i'm glad someone did ^^; Heck, i don't even remember which one is Orbellen & which one is Zielbellen. & yeah, points taken. Roundhouse kick FTW!! *God i need to watch Van Damme's 80's & 90's movies again... (yeah yeah, i'm 30... ^^; LOLs)*
Cut! Cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut CUT!!
Spin the vermin, reverse the guilt. Reverse the birth, reverse the world. Spin spin spinspinspinSPIN~~~!