Talk about other toys we collect.
GundamShinki
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 15
MMS owned: 4
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Yamato & Cerberus Project Neuromancer

Post by GundamShinki » Mon May 06, 2013 11:12 am

Trying to see if anyone may have picked any of these up Ignis, Yoko Litner or Kousaka Tamaki. I'n interested in the shoulder and neck joints since I have heard a mix of good vs bad reviews on these 2 main parts having issues. Any help with current owners opinions would be great as I have done a lot of research in common pictorial reviews and some biased opinion based reviews since Ignis was originally released, now a few years later trying to see if Yoko Litner is worth the money.

Thanks in advance

Storm Wing
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka

Re: Yamato & Cerberus Project Neuromancer

Post by Storm Wing » Mon May 06, 2013 9:57 pm

Some preview picture would be nice ^^;;
Cut! Cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut CUT!!
Spin the vermin, reverse the guilt. Reverse the birth, reverse the world. Spin spin spinspinspinSPIN~~~!

GundamShinki
Class B Shinki

Post by GundamShinki » Mon May 06, 2013 11:18 pm

Here's standard photo type reviews for Yoko and Ignis.

http://www.tomopop.com/tomopop-review-n ... 9755.phtml

http://www.tomopop.com/tomopop-review-n ... 9703.phtml

Hoping someone on here has constructive thoughts on personal owning them and issues.

Shiaoran
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 47
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altlene

Post by Shiaoran » Tue May 07, 2013 7:32 am

"Few years later"? Ignis isn't a year old :P

I have Ignis and Yoko, they're awesome, can't wait for more Neuromancers. But don't expect them to be on scale, Ignis is like 1/8 while Yoko is almost 1/7. They're those kind of stupid manufacturers that keep true to their figures' concept while ignoring each character's body proportions.

GundamShinki
Class B Shinki

Post by GundamShinki » Tue May 07, 2013 9:31 am

Shiaoran wrote:"Few years later"? Ignis isn't a year old :P

I have Ignis and Yoko, they're awesome, can't wait for more Neuromancers. But don't expect them to be on scale, Ignis is like 1/8 while Yoko is almost 1/7. They're those kind of stupid manufacturers that keep true to their figures' concept while ignoring each character's body proportions.
Ignis was originally released 2010 Although TomoPop states 2008 which was original announcement year...she was re-released last year. http://www.tomopop.com/tomopop-review-n ... 9703.phtml

I still sit off to the side after some of the bad reviews with neck/shoulder issues. Gutto-kuru had similar issues in their earlier designs.

As far as your personal ones go, you have same loose neck and shoulders?
Last edited by GundamShinki on Tue May 07, 2013 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shiaoran
Class S Shinki

Post by Shiaoran » Tue May 07, 2013 9:47 am

GundamShinki wrote:

Ignis was originally released 2010 / 2011...she was re-released last year.

I still sit off to the side after some of the bad reviews with neck/shoulder issues. Gutt-kuru had similar issues in their earlier designs.

As someone who's been waiting for these figures for years, I can say for sure that Ignis wasn't a rerelease. She was announced in 2009, released in 2013.

No really loose joints for me, but some aren't very sturdy. Luckly a stand is included. You can always tighten the joints.
Gutto-Kuru is far inferior to Neuromancer.

GundamShinki
Class B Shinki

Post by GundamShinki » Tue May 07, 2013 9:54 am

Shiaoran wrote:
GundamShinki wrote:

Ignis was originally released 2010 / 2011...she was re-released last year.

I still sit off to the side after some of the bad reviews with neck/shoulder issues. Gutt-kuru had similar issues in their earlier designs.

As someone who's been waiting for these figures for years, I can say for sure that Ignis wasn't a rerelease. She was announced in 2009, released in 2013.

No really loose joints for me, but some aren't very sturdy. Luckly a stand is included. You can always tighten the joints.
Gutto-Kuru is far inferior to Neuromancer.
2008 was announcement year =P I have been watching Yamato as well many other side project figure lines. There was a certain amount sold at event in Japan 2010 where Nitroplus and HobbyJapan was Starting to show off the creation Yamato and Cerberus had going on =) As for re-release it was Summer 2012.

I appreciate your opinion on your personal owned ones. Just not sure if dumping $100 with neck/shoulder stuff. I had 2 Chogokin sabers come in fubarbed 1 was replacement for the other. Sad with QC in these companies.

Storm Wing
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka

Post by Storm Wing » Tue May 07, 2013 9:58 am

Too bad this Neuromancer figurines are damn expensive... =_=;;
Cut! Cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut CUT!!
Spin the vermin, reverse the guilt. Reverse the birth, reverse the world. Spin spin spinspinspinSPIN~~~!

GundamShinki
Class B Shinki

Post by GundamShinki » Tue May 07, 2013 10:07 am

Storm Wing wrote:Too bad this Neuromancer figurines are damn expensive... =_=;;
Indeed x.x when I think of spending $100+ on a figure I want a solid figure with good range of articulation and a good assortment of goodies. Lowest I had ever seen them new in retail was around 7600 yen <at time yen was around 85 to 1 dollar> Needless to say by time they quoted shipping at nearly $20-25 depending on shipping method I left it. I do like the eye gimmick though, which sadly noticed Yoko Litner can only do that on her non yelling face <at least that is what all the reviews have said>.

Guess I got used to buying higher priced figures like Xenosaga Episode 3: Also sprach Zarathustra KOS-MOS Ver.4 which turned out really well and had lots of goodies. Although I wish it would have been an earlier version figure of her, when I got her I sold my figma lightning fast compared to difference in quality. Even Actsta <Lyrical Nanoha series> was high quality for price and had custom stands/effects parts. Even if it was a blown up figma it was far better quality then the figma counterparts.

Shiaoran
Class S Shinki

Post by Shiaoran » Tue May 07, 2013 10:27 am

I didn't know they sold prototypes, but I bet they weren't the final product at all.