Talk about whatever you want!
ArcticKitsune
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Renge & Kohiru

Re: Nao Robot - Busou Shinki Prototype?

Post by ArcticKitsune » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:29 am

@ - The whole Shinkis going rogue - I wouldn't say that they would try and take over human exactly....More like what we seen in the Anime about creating a sub-society underground or similar. They would add "odd", or at first. Whatever happens would happen so I won't get all philosophical or pretend to be intelligent such a thing heh.

Seeing them behaving similar to a human would be highly welcomed by me. Won't be perfect, but having them doing things on the intelligence of a "gifted" kid would be awesome. Seeing them question certain things (not everything like a younger kid) while also seeing them interact would be quite amusing and possibly rewarding. It would also open up a new area of blogging when you could share their adventures, if they can interact similar to how a kid behaves in the world. Kids don't have that much authority, but if given what kids can do in our society should be amusing. What do I mean? Getting food at the corner store and simply doing "basic" things obviously at weight limit.

--

I wouldn't mind our own Shinkis being equipped manually, that is the whole fun of it. That's how I messed with my Shinkis and that is how I set them up in Battle Rondo. Heck, even Battle Masters (MK. II). That part we'll have down. Mix and matching them manually is how we set them up for every battle.

The next problem would be funding an actual tournament. If we had them in our world I'd obviously set up tournaments using both Angelic Layer and Busou Shinki game rules. As for the attendance? That would be a big problem because people behave like lemmings.

--

SO CLOSE!

Hmm.....And yes, we are so damn close that I'm now raging in impatience that the opportunity is there but nobody wants to toy with it for real. Why the hell not?! Even if you are or not they would be helpful in so many ways. The Americans would have a field day will a living Shinki that it would become a new hip thing. I'll bet $500 CAD that if Konami released Busou Shinkis with actual Ai and movement of Nao Robot that it'll be sold out within weeks. I'm thinking too optimistically? Well, whenever I wanted something locally they were sold out so I can say that firmly. When I wanted that pocket camera years ago I couldn't get it, same with games and certain computer-related equipment.

Someone needs to literally force Nao Robot with Konami JP so we can get an actual Shinki robot to tame in gadget form. We'll get ripped off for the first few waves but if Konami JP seriously cares we would actually have an actual Shinki......Eventually. If not, we'll simply get gimmicks similar to Furbies with memory loss when batteries die out. If Konami JP doesn't want to make Shinkis they could at the very least sponsor any hobbiest able to accomplish such task. Pretty sure they could get out a working prototype. Now I'm dreaming but the damn opportunity is there, someone needs to grab onto it......

Ya, I'm just impatient and want my Renge prototype MK. 1 in physical form. Seeing the Nao Robot and talking about certain Shinki antics is making me want to rage at people with the skill not using it in the Shinki tech tree.

(Edit: Just clarified on parts but I think I'm still being confusing. We'll see if anybody comments or not or what. Also added in a few "points".)

Klinkin
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Post by Klinkin » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:57 pm

Lacking the fancy visualizers and the tricks they make possible as seen in the anime, I think the tournaments are likely to be entirely virtual and probably online. They'd have much more in common with gaming tournaments than robot fight club. Rules are whatever match specifications become popular and seen as balanced (FOX ONLY NO ITEMS FINAL DESTINATION).

It's not that people aren't working on it; true artificial/synthetic intelligence is a pretty big leap, and it's being worked on in more places worldwide than I can count. However, before we get actual Shinkis, we're still going to have to wait on normal growth in several technological fields; primarily, battery capacity/weight and capacity/size ratios, servo strength/size ratios, denser FPGAs and solid-state memory, and object recognition. Then we'll need to wait a few years for the prices to drop to affordable levels. While we are running close to hitting quantum issues with some of those, I feel pretty certain we'll see something analogous to Shinkis in the next few decades.

Mobius
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Fliers~

Post by Mobius » Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:31 pm

I agree with most of what's said here - dear god, if this could lead to Shinkis actually moving around and acting on their own, I'd get one, come hell or high water. Truth is though, it's not just around the corner, and there's other things that need to be developed. But the point stands - it is quite possible that we'll see them in our lifetimes. Maybe we're ancient, but hey.

Caterwaul
News Reporter
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by Caterwaul » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:14 pm

We'd need significantly better AI for a true Shinki though.

Storm Wing
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka

Post by Storm Wing » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:59 pm

Caterwaul wrote:We'd need significantly better AI for a true Shinki though.
Thus, Skynet is born... }:>
Cut! Cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut CUT!!
Spin the vermin, reverse the guilt. Reverse the birth, reverse the world. Spin spin spinspinspinSPIN~~~!