Busou SHinki Ep 1 Discussion - Warning SPOILERS

For discussion of the Busou Shinki anime shorts and unofficial animation such as Plamoo's stop motion movies.

Moderator: Caterwaul

OHWceta
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 9
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Masurao

Re: Busou SHinki Ep 1 Discussion - Warning SPOILERS

Post by OHWceta » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:29 pm

I dont understand Japanese but based on nonverbal cues and body language I really like Altines. Her personality seems just how I'd picture her. I'm totally biased when I say she's my favorite character.

My one beef is with the letter. Arnaval values it so much she'll fight to protect it....but she leaves it in the pool of water to go fight? What if it was a paper letter instead of a CD inside?

I was really impressed with the animation, especially the fighting. So are we going to see an English release or will there just be a subbed version for us folks in the U.S.?
Like to RP? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome. If we don't have something you like feel free to add it.

http://roleplayparadiseii.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Klinkin
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 2
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Post by Klinkin » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:40 am

Episode 1 is (finally) available to watch free on The Anime Network here. Episode 2 and 3 should be up for subscribers today and tomorrow, respectively, and new episodes every Monday after that, making the "simulcast" about three days late.

Storm Wing
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka

Post by Storm Wing » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:20 pm

Awesome! It's free, it's legal, it's FUN! :thumbsup:
Cut! Cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut CUT!!
Spin the vermin, reverse the guilt. Reverse the birth, reverse the world. Spin spin spinspinspinSPIN~~~!

Caterwaul
News Reporter
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by Caterwaul » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:27 am

OHWceta wrote:I was really impressed with the animation, especially the fighting. So are we going to see an English release or will there just be a subbed version for us folks in the U.S.?
Also, Sentai's going to release it on DVD/BluRay later on.

OHWceta
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 9
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Masurao

Post by OHWceta » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:06 am

I wish my Busou Shinki could help me unpack like the ones on the show.

I just got done moving and it was insane. It'd have been fun to watch my girls help out.
Like to RP? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome. If we don't have something you like feel free to add it.

http://roleplayparadiseii.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Mobius
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Fliers~

Post by Mobius » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:14 pm

Reading the backlog, and as much as you read into the worldbuilding (or lack thereof), it's actually nice to hear. And... what's Planelegs?

ArcticKitsune
Class S Shinki
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Renge & Kohiru

Post by ArcticKitsune » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:00 pm

OHWceta wrote:I dont understand Japanese but based on nonverbal cues and body language I really like Altines. Her personality seems just how I'd picture her. I'm totally biased when I say she's my favorite character.

My one beef is with the letter. Arnaval values it so much she'll fight to protect it....but she leaves it in the pool of water to go fight? What if it was a paper letter instead of a CD inside?

I was really impressed with the animation, especially the fighting. So are we going to see an English release or will there just be a subbed version for us folks in the U.S.?
A bit late on the reply but you do have to note the visualizer won't really damage anything itself, it is simply a hologram that sends codes into Shinki's mind. It won't harm paper because it isn't paper itself, Eukrante was the one that went into water.

Just snatch it off any site until we get a legit way of watching it. For now we're stuck watching it the non-legal way.

Caterwaul
News Reporter
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by Caterwaul » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:34 am

Mobius wrote:Reading the backlog, and as much as you read into the worldbuilding (or lack thereof), it's actually nice to hear. And... what's Planelegs?
Planelegs is collector mostly known for making a series of Shinki toy comics involving themes of domestic abuse. Not everyones cup of tea, that.

Nutjob
Class B Shinki
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Proxima Spinel

Post by Nutjob » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:16 am

Mobius wrote:Reading the backlog, and as much as you read into the worldbuilding (or lack thereof), it's actually nice to hear. And... what's Planelegs?
Planelegs is, basically: 'Busou Shinki: Bad End.'