Busou Shinki Ep 6 Discussion - Warning: Spoilers

For discussion of the Busou Shinki anime shorts and unofficial animation such as Plamoo's stop motion movies.

Moderator: Caterwaul

Klinkin
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 2
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Re: Busou Shinki Ep 6 Discussion - Warning: Spoilers

Post by Klinkin » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:49 pm

Well, I can proudly say I called the concept of "career Shinkis" back in the episode 1 discussion.
Klinkin wrote:I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see Shinkis in the workplace, though, as some combination of personal assistants, secretaries, and maybe even full-on employees.
I have to admit, I didn't see that ending coming, though I knew as soon as Ann grabbed her SD card (which look exactly like the microSD cards we have today; guess that's a format in for the long haul) that we'd see it playing a part as being confused for the bomb key, though I thought the attackers would be the ones to make that mistake. Knew the bomb was a fake as soon as it went off, though (no grimdark for this series). I like the reference to the whole "red wire, blue wire" thing, though from what little I know of explosives, anything both that small and powerful enough to damage the plane would be rather stable (C4 and thermite are the two that come to mind), so just plain shooting the bomb should actually do the trick. Doubt any of the Shinkis know that, though.

As for Rihito being able to tell Ann apart from all the military Shinkis, I'm not that surprised (and really, kind of disappointed that Ines and Lene actually had trouble earlier); as anyone who has known identical twins can tell you, you can tell people who look exactly alike apart by subtle differences in body language and such, given time. Rihito's known Ann since he was a child, so he can obviously tell the more domestic, shy, and willing-to-be-pampered Ann apart from the extremist Arnvals or military-grade Arnvals (likely with military-grade programming, leading to different idiosyncrasies such and posture and body language). I was expecting Ines or Rene to ask Ann what her career of choice was for the tell-them-apart question, but something as simple as "what's Master's name?" would have sufficed.

As to Kintaro's question, I'm pretty sure I'd be able to tell my Shinkis apart from others if they had actual AIs (and hence personalities and idiosyncrasies), though my Eukrante cheats by combining a non-standard hairstyle with some custom-made parts, so that makes it easy.

As far as Clara's master goes, I'm pretty sure she's a woman. In some of the pictures, we see a woman wearing a matching swimsuit with Clara's, and, while my Japanese is really poor, I don't catch Clara (or any of the other Shinkis) using a masculine pronoun for Clara's master. I shudder to say this, but...let the shipping begin.

Storm Wing
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka

Post by Storm Wing » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:41 pm

kintaro wrote:Curious, would you guys be able to recognize your shinki in a bunch of same model shinkis?
Of course i can! My Asuka is right... Over... *confused*
Klinkin wrote:As far as Clara's master goes, I'm pretty sure she's a woman. In some of the pictures, we see a woman wearing a matching swimsuit with Clara's, and, while my Japanese is really poor, I don't catch Clara (or any of the other Shinkis) using a masculine pronoun for Clara's master. I shudder to say this, but...let the shipping begin.
Oho~ So nyou were expecting some yuri-yuri tension between Kurara/Clara & her master, eh? :P
Cut! Cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut CUT!!
Spin the vermin, reverse the guilt. Reverse the birth, reverse the world. Spin spin spinspinspinSPIN~~~!

Sonja
Class S Shinki

Post by Sonja » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:28 pm

I suppose it's fortunate that it was an army of Arnvals and not Murms though. ;)

ArcticKitsune
Class S Shinki
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Renge & Kohiru

Post by ArcticKitsune » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:23 am

kintaro wrote:Curious, would you guys be able to recognize your shinki in a bunch of same model shinkis?
Well... Yes when people dress up their Shinkis or copy other people and dress them up the same as they saw elsewhere it becomes very easy. Look at all the Renges out there and you can tell who they belong to.
A very hesitant yes when it comes to a "naked" Shinkis with only the basic parts. Would have to do what Lene and Aines said and poke at only things you know for them to react. Also would have to pick up on body language, way they speak, how they fight and etc. Basically what Sonja said.

Seeing as how Renge is my favorite I'd expect her to be behave in a "Canadian" way while keeping true to her Japanese way due to her surroundings and type. You are what you're surroundings are (i.e You are shaped by your surroundings). I would expect her to follow my main and side-orders and expectations in her own way. I doubt many people have the red blades, making it easier for me to identify my Renge from the rest. If we're going on about no armor then ya, body language and poking at their stored memory or just going with "Master's Intuition."

For the fun of it - Q - What would you do if one Shinki synced their memory with your Shinki making the identification process harder?

rantinan
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 100
MMS owned: 17
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Every Straf

Post by rantinan » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:53 am

Well.. io can tell ALL my :strarf: apart. I'd be hard pushed to pick between pomocks tho

Storm Wing
Class S Shinki

Post by Storm Wing » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:31 am

Sonja wrote:I suppose it's fortunate that it was an army of Arnvals and not Murms though. ;)
Or worse: packs of Murms + Zels + Braggs.

Sousuke Sagara will by shaking with joygasm, tho XDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Spin the vermin, reverse the guilt. Reverse the birth, reverse the world. Spin spin spinspinspinSPIN~~~!

Mikuo_Hatsune
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 163
MMS owned: 13
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Murmeltier

Post by Mikuo_Hatsune » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:16 am

I'd be able to tell the Shinkis which are mostly close to me apart from others

like Murmeltier and desert Murmeltier, the Munchkins(Artille, Werkstra and Oorbellen) repaints incl, the 4 Valkyrie sisters, Sharatang, my 2 F.A.P Arnvals Jyubei and Kaguya along with Asuka and NF Asuka

as for the episode

if Altlene in ep 5 can scan vehicles for their designation, im certain those Training Arnvals could've done the same with the plane their on
anyway the anime is coming along great, awaiting more eps
Don't Follow Me On Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/ODST813

Animeruko
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 6
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Lunaria

Post by Animeruko » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:41 am

This episode was really nice, Kurara is adorable she's so proud of her master although I fear he may be a questionable judging from those pictures he took. . .

The Arnval Army was win too but . . . Why Arnval's instead of Strarf's??? I'd think Starf's would be more suited to that sort of thing.

*continues to wait for Oorbellen to make an appearance*

Storm Wing
Class S Shinki

Post by Storm Wing » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:19 am

When i finished watching this episode, all my hope for a 'serious' plot is gone. Shattered. To smithereens!

"oTL

Caterwaul
News Reporter
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by Caterwaul » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:21 pm

Arnvals! Arnvals everywhere!

I suspect Arnval's REAL answer to the career question, if she was being truthful, would be 'I wanna be a bride!'.

I knew things werent going to go that serious, as this series isnt really like that, but it was an interesting look at how Shinki AI can be...problematic. This time it's a training exercise, but what about next time? We've all seen how dedicated Shinkis can be to their masters, even a newly activated one. And isnt it amazing how much difference the master makes?

I hope we see Clara's (or whatever her name ends up being romanized. What's TAN using?) master at some point. I hope we see Mao and Hao's master at some point to.