Busou Shinki Ep 5 Discussion - Warning: Spoilers

For discussion of the Busou Shinki anime shorts and unofficial animation such as Plamoo's stop motion movies.

Moderator: Caterwaul

Klinkin
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 2
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Re: Busou Shinki Ep 5 Discussion - Warning: Spoilers

Post by Klinkin » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:05 pm

Assuming they're using a USB charging port, that's 5V at 500mA by modern standards. Of course, that means they would require a full thousand hours to charge according to the numbers on the sticker sheet, so that doesn't quite sound right. Sticking with 5V (Shinkis aren't physically big enough to run wires capable of 100V through them unless they're room-temperature superconductors, which they might very well have in the future, without melting due to heat), and a charging time of 10 hours (seems reasonable for overnight), then either the chargers can supply 50A at 5V via induction, 2A at 125V RMS (approximate wall voltage), or something in between. Rough estimates says that those induction coils should be huge either way; I'm going to start theorizing that either whatever spacial funny business visualizers can pull is always active inside Shinkis, or in the future they've found room-temperature superconductors. That, or Konami could just be pulling things out of their screwholes.

As for the directed-energy weapons, the square-cube law actually works in favor here (as it tends to with Shinkis); the amount of plasma discharge is so small, and the range so short, that they might be plausible with the already-absurd amounts of power Shinkis seem to use.

But, as Fenix said, we're killing catgirls here, and I don't feel like flipping through my textbooks to find induction equations and then try messing around with them, so I'll stop there.

Storm Wing
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka

Post by Storm Wing » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:38 pm

Klinkin wrote:I don't feel like flipping through my textbooks to find induction equations and then try messing around with them, so I'll stop there.
*reads the law of Physiques* :headboom: GAAHHH!!!!
Cut! Cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut CUT!!
Spin the vermin, reverse the guilt. Reverse the birth, reverse the world. Spin spin spinspinspinSPIN~~~!

Caterwaul
News Reporter
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by Caterwaul » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:07 pm

It's not killing catgirls if we're talking technobabble. :D