Busou Shinki Ep 4 discussion - Warning: Spoilers

For discussion of the Busou Shinki anime shorts and unofficial animation such as Plamoo's stop motion movies.

Moderator: Caterwaul

Caterwaul
News Reporter
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Busou Shinki Ep 4 discussion - Warning: Spoilers

Post by Caterwaul » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:13 am

Are you ready for some racing action?

Sonja
Class S Shinki

Re: Busou Shinki Ep 4 discussion - Warning: Spoilers

Post by Sonja » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:44 pm

【推奨タグ】マスターの皆様、宣伝神姫達から色々と意見をいただき、実況用に推奨タグを作りました。 TBS用→ #busou_t CBC用→ #busou_c MBS用→ #busou_m 是非本日の放送を皆さんでお楽しみ下さい! #busoushinki #武装神姫
In short, there are new Twitter tags depending on which station Busou Shinki is airing on. This is because TBS airs first and there are week delays for others. TBS (most recent eps) will use #busou_t , CBC is busou_c and MBS is busou_m.

So when looking for episode discussion on twitter, be sure to check the #busou_t tag. :)

Caterwaul
News Reporter
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by Caterwaul » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:24 pm

Some interesting screenshots popping up for those waiting for the episode.
NAME THEM ALL!
http://blog-imgs-51.fc2.com/y/a/r/yarao ... 592037.jpg

Sonja
Class S Shinki

Post by Sonja » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:41 pm

First thing I saw in that scene was the repaint Werkstra. The next time the crowd is shown, there is also a black Werkstra with forest green hair.

At least they're acknowledging the existence of other shinkis to an extent.

The episode was pretty cute too, and rather toned down on the fanservice this time. Iae and Mary were quite adorable in their tub.

Klinkin
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Post by Klinkin » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:12 pm

Well, apparently in the Shinki'verse karma actually works. Hard to not feel sorry for Ann for the entire episode; no one bothers to tell her about the race, and yet any time she gets something, it's just as soon taken for the race, down to a LEAF. I also question Ianeria's understanding of the concept of "rules" and how she wound up in charge of the race...but at least the cycles we saw look cooler than the little cars they started with. Honestly, Clara's kitbash of a cycle looked way cooler than anything made out of a bird, three tires and a steering wheel had any right to be, though Lene wins the creativity contest when she straps Ann's flight pack to a rickshaw.

While not a bad episode, if this is the kind of quality we can expect from the series as a whole it's not going to be very memorable. It'll be a cute little series, sure, but at the same time the only thing special about it will be the Shinkis, and it won't be one of those series that deserves re-watching (or that gets good DVD sales). I don't know how much Konami is trying to promote Shinkis with this anime, but it's honestly not doing a particularly good job.

Storm Wing
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka

Post by Storm Wing » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:09 pm

Caterwaul wrote:Some interesting screenshots popping up for those waiting for the episode.
NAME THEM ALL!
http://blog-imgs-51.fc2.com/y/a/r/yarao ... 592037.jpg
Hm... I kinda forgot, but here it goes:
- Kohiru
- Harmony Grace
- Fort Bragg
- Juvisy
- Benio
- Xyphos
- Vespelio
- Tigris
- ...I forgot about the rest... ^^;;
Cut! Cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut CUT!!
Spin the vermin, reverse the guilt. Reverse the birth, reverse the world. Spin spin spinspinspinSPIN~~~!

rantinan
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 100
MMS owned: 17
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Every Straf

Post by rantinan » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:30 pm

Klinkin wrote: While not a bad episode, if this is the kind of quality we can expect from the series as a whole it's not going to be very memorable. It'll be a cute little series, sure, but at the same time the only thing special about it will be the Shinkis, and it won't be one of those series that deserves re-watching (or that gets good DVD sales). I don't know how much Konami is trying to promote Shinkis with this anime, but it's honestly not doing a particularly good job.
RAGEFACE
I have to admit, I'm starting to get a bit annoyed at the continual complaints over this. It's a toy commercial damnit, not war and peace the animation.
If you wanted depth out of a company that makes most of its money outa selling gambling machines, it is my opinion that you were being extremely unrealistic.

Klinkin
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Post by Klinkin » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:42 am

rantinan wrote:RAGEFACE
I have to admit, I'm starting to get a bit annoyed at the continual complaints over this. It's a toy commercial damnit, not war and peace the animation.
If you wanted depth out of a company that makes most of its money outa selling gambling machines, it is my opinion that you were being extremely unrealistic.
Maybe that came across as harsher than I intended. I'm not saying it's bad, per se, but at the same time, it doesn't stand out above the crowd. As far as toy commercials, the Gundam series has shown that toy commercials can be actually rather good. Maybe I am expecting too much out of it, but at the same time, I can't really see it succeeding as a toy commercial as it currently is. I'm pretty sure that most of the people watching the series already own Shinkis; it's not good enough to rise to the level where it can draw in a large number of viewers that were previously unaware of the franchise and keep them engaged enough to buy Shinkis.

halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper
Shinkis owned: 32
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Space Shuttle Arnval

Post by halconfenix » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:52 am

subs are not out yet... why the slag is taking them so long?'!! :headboom:

Sonja
Class S Shinki

Post by Sonja » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:58 am

Commie is currently recruiting, apparently a lot of laziness on their team right now. Since this is the case and they have a lot of shows, stuff like Busou Shinki is probably very low on the priority list for them to work on.