Busou Shinki Ep 2 Discussion - WARNING: SPOILERS

For discussion of the Busou Shinki anime shorts and unofficial animation such as Plamoo's stop motion movies.

Moderator: Caterwaul

Storm Wing
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka

Re: Busou Shinki Ep 2 Discussion - WARNING: SPOILERS

Post by Storm Wing » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:16 am

Adventwings wrote:I don't wanna know what happened with the "Blender Shinki Incident." I just... don't wanna know. :fortbragg:
That'll be very VERY gruesome yet awesome... Grawesome? }:>
Cut! Cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut CUT!!
Spin the vermin, reverse the guilt. Reverse the birth, reverse the world. Spin spin spinspinspinSPIN~~~!

Nutjob
Class B Shinki
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Proxima Spinel

Post by Nutjob » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:29 pm

I hereby forward a motion that the 'Will it blend?' guy be permanently barred from owning Shinki.

Zenislez
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 12
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Erica, Tear, Riela

Post by Zenislez » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:06 am

Well...that octopus scene pretty much too clear for some implicit meanings xp.

And I'm still feel bad for Altlene and Altines. Maybe because of their peaceful life, those two aren't showing their true battle ability. In the game, those two are monsters.

And from that Ann scene and from previous episode, raise a question. Can shinkis actually eat and drink normal food?
"Motto Shiawase Ni Naru"

Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Shinkis owned: 33
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Post by Xehn » Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:39 pm

Zenislez wrote:And from that Ann scene and from previous episode, raise a question. Can shinkis actually eat and drink normal food?
That's... an iffy question. There's enough shown in the games and various comics and now this anime that yes, Shinki have some capacity to 'eat' and 'drink', but to what exact extent is unknown; it may be limited to things designed specifically for shinki consumption...

rantinan
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 100
MMS owned: 17
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Every Straf

Post by rantinan » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:31 pm

QQ moar guys.

Animu involving fetish fighting dollies has fanservice! In other news, Fire still hot (but not as hot as Hina. pwhoooor)

This episode was pulled directly from my subconscious and I loved every second of it (atrocious cat puns included)

Caterwaul
News Reporter
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by Caterwaul » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:00 am

Finally had a chance to sit down and really watch the episode, as opposed to skimming it. The fanservice was a bit silly, but overall it was still fun. Some thoughts on characters...

Altlene is definitely toning down the desu's a bit. THe running gag of her cosplay fetish is cute, and not to over the top. Like to see where she's getting all the material from, though. Is Master buying it all for her or is she making it out of leftover bits? Still playing the part of the blonde, clumsy ditz of the Shinki world too. Hopefully she actually gets to fight and show she's not just sewing. Still think it's a shame she's not more musically inclined onsidering who her VA is. She's hasnt really dont MUCH in the series, actually thinking about it.

Altines gets official confirmation to being Altlene's little sister, although they (the fansubs at least) mention she's just configured that way. Was it her Master who did that, or a factory setting? Wondering if her being Strarf's victim for casual displays of repressed violence is going to be her running gag. Not really a tsundere like I really thought, at least not to her owner, but she's defitely showing some tsun properties to the rest of the group. Loved the bit with her and Altlene fantasying about master's praise. :D

Arnval is the good girl, as ever. Someone wrote she seemed like the big sister of the entire group, and you can see that here. Rather surprised she was the octopus' primary victim considering Altlene's bigger assets. Was expecting a bit more of a connection between Strarf and Arnval considering they have the same maker.

Strarf is cute in her kuudere way. You can see that she wants her owner to praise her fighting skills, but she's got an owner who isnt much into fighting. She definitely wishes this was a Shonen anime, I bet. She's beginning to thatw a bit already, though. I bet she'll be drinking tea with them in a few episodes.

Others: Mao is in this one, nano da! So is Howling! Whoohoo! Howling is best doggy!! *cough* Anyways, beginning to look like they're setting a pattern of two new Shinkis an ep, matched pairs. Hopefully it isnt just a blink and you missed it cameo for most of them. Howling and Mao didnt really get much time to exploit their showing today. Ach and YDda for next week, so I'm sure that'll make some people happy.

Over Thinking It: So it looks like the visualisers are more then just holograms. Either Shinkis are programmed really well to incorporate the displays, or thhey're really reaching into superscience for this. Interesting questions about power consumption there. Why use it for Shinkis and not more wide spread use? Issues with escalating power? Exponential draw, maybe? If you need massiv power for bigger arenas, that'd explain why shinki centers are still around.

Looks like registration of a shinki is still similar to Rondo's system, although without the verbal 'wake up' cues from the Shinki itself.

Thank's to Arnval, we know Shinkis have a way to 'taste' food, in a fashion. Whether it's actual taste or just a chemical analysis system that is a rough approximation is the real question. Still doesnt answer whether Shinkis properly 'eat' the stuff, as in digest it and process it for fuel. The notes on Shinki Jelly we've had before notes it's mostly additives, rather then something they need to digest to function. They're battery driven after all.

Storm Wing
Class S Shinki
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka

Post by Storm Wing » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:09 pm

Caterwaul wrote:Arnval is the good girl, as ever. Someone wrote she seemed like the big sister of the entire group, and you can see that here. Rather surprised she was the octopus' primary victim considering Altlene's bigger assets.
Dude, puh-leeease~ "Buxom is Better" is old school. Not every male likes the bigger "Maracas", you dig? :P Heh heh heh... I said "Maracas"...

Or maybe, just maybe, everyone is waiting for Ianeira & Graffias }:> *Megatron's voice* Yyeeessss.....
Cut! Cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut CUT!!
Spin the vermin, reverse the guilt. Reverse the birth, reverse the world. Spin spin spinspinspinSPIN~~~!

Klinkin
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Post by Klinkin » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:13 am

Caterwaul wrote:Over Thinking It: So it looks like the visualisers are more then just holograms. Either Shinkis are programmed really well to incorporate the displays, or thhey're really reaching into superscience for this. Interesting questions about power consumption there. Why use it for Shinkis and not more wide spread use? Issues with escalating power? Exponential draw, maybe? If you need massiv power for bigger arenas, that'd explain why shinki centers are still around.
The visualizers seem to be capable of force fields as well as holograms, Star Trek holodeck-style. They also seem to be capable of slight spacial trickery; the fight in the first episode has the visualizer blatantly ignore the TREE in the field, and some of the Shinki house settings look a little too big to fit on the desk. Given that Shinkis can summon their armor from...somewhere, I'm guessing the technology exists to pull off spacial weirdness like this. As to why use it for Shinkis, escalating power usage sounds like as good a guess as any. The way physics works, as things get bigger they get weaker exponentially. Most of the Shinkis would not work at human scale (mostly flight of any sort), but at their small scale they're disproportionately strong for their size. That said, I'm not sure quite how far the writers have read into this; the whole tone of the series makes me think they're going for plot/moe over science.

Caterwaul
News Reporter
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by Caterwaul » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:10 am

Well, we ARE dealing with a world that's developed true AI and, couple with advanced robotics, did nothing with it but create tiny pet fighting robots out of it.

Chalkred
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 11
Favorite MMS/Shinki: probably Gabrine

Post by Chalkred » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:27 pm

I like my altlene a bit more now. haha