New Busou Shinki series! Fall, 2012!

For discussion of the Busou Shinki anime shorts and unofficial animation such as Plamoo's stop motion movies.

Moderator: Caterwaul

royalpain88
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Arnval

Re: New Busou Shinki series! Fall, 2012!

Post by royalpain88 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:16 am

Why not? I mean, look at most of the animatrons (?) and those japanese humanoid robots plus masks. As for her rear end, it appears to be approximately 13 to 15 millimeters. :headbang:
Gentlemen do prefer blonde's.

star
Class S Shinki
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

Post by star » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:16 am

well I would prefer joints to the stuff here since it doesn't match the figures, I wonder now if I took a real Altines on a ruler if it would match now LOL

royalpain88
Class S Shinki
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Arnval

Post by royalpain88 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:28 pm

Anyone that does and is reading this, please report.
Gentlemen do prefer blonde's.

Shiaoran
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 47
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altlene

Post by Shiaoran » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:30 pm

star wrote:well I would prefer joints to the stuff here since it doesn't match the figures
Zackly. Not only because of accuracy, but because people already had a thing for joints, and Shinkis created a whole new "screw holes" fetish. They'll lose half their fanbase in Japan XD

halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper
Shinkis owned: 32
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Space Shuttle Arnval

Post by halconfenix » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:40 pm

there's another key issue apart from the whole fanservice thing: animation budget.

is easier (and cheaper) to draw and animate some parts in a more "meaty" way than add all the details of joints and stuff.. just look at the elbow joints, they're no more than typical anime human elbows with a circle and a few lines added to it...

star
Class S Shinki

Post by star » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:29 pm

halconfenix wrote:there's another key issue apart from the whole fanservice thing: animation budget.

is easier (and cheaper) to draw and animate some parts in a more "meaty" way than add all the details of joints and stuff.. just look at the elbow joints, they're no more than typical anime human elbows with a circle and a few lines added to it...
yes, but the hip joints aren't that much more either, I would prefer joints for accuracy with the figures, I couldn't care less about fanservicing in this anime

Nutjob
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Proxima Spinel

Post by Nutjob » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:08 pm

If we were all that concerned about accuracy, we'd be griping about how they don't decapitate and disassemble their heads every time they want to change facial expression.

Storm Wing
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka

Post by Storm Wing » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:40 pm

star wrote:well I would prefer joints to the stuff here since it doesn't match the figures, I wonder now if I took a real Altines on a ruler if it would match now LOL
royalpain88 wrote:Anyone that does and is reading this, please report.
I did. And Starf, err, Ravie give me a NASTY cut around my finger because of that ^^;But i wonder if Benio & Asuka is a covert pervert, they seems to relaxed when i measured their honey, err, hiney. Will measure Hau Lin, Mao Chow, & Zelg afterwards :P
Nutjob wrote:If we were all that concerned about accuracy, we'd be griping about how they don't decapitate and disassemble their heads every time they want to change facial expression.
LOLs XD Good point.
Cut! Cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut CUT!!
Spin the vermin, reverse the guilt. Reverse the birth, reverse the world. Spin spin spinspinspinSPIN~~~!

star
Class S Shinki

Post by star » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:26 pm

Nutjob wrote:If we were all that concerned about accuracy, we'd be griping about how they don't decapitate and disassemble their heads every time they want to change facial expression.
well the changing of hands and faces is done since they are figures but even the box art shows joints, the shinkis would have the joints either way even if they could move their hands and faces, like in battle masters and battle masters mk2 the games

Shiaoran
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 47
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altlene

Post by Shiaoran » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:26 pm

In-canon they can change expressions and move their hands at will, but they still have those ugly joints and screws.