Talk about whatever you want!
halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper
Shinkis owned: 32
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Space Shuttle Arnval

Re: Flight Sim X

Post by halconfenix » Fri May 13, 2011 12:49 am

well... to show you my crazyness with FSX (and the current problems i'm dealing with) i'm gonna show you a couple pics of the biggest "aircraft" i have in the game....

allow me to show you the NCC-1701D Enterprise!

as you can see the thing is HUMONGOUS! and it looks gourgeus, and the best part is... is not detail heavy so runs smoothly.... as long as i have FSX running on DirectX 9...

when i switch to DX10 the framerate increases... but some of my airplanes (like the enterprise) get "botched" to say the least... this is how the Enterprise looks like when DX10 is enabled:

quite fugly isnt it?

for now i'll slowly be adding some planes and scenery and testing each stuff to make sure its DX10 compatible... and i'll tell you which is better... so when the right time to use multiplayer comes toghether we can have a very awesome flight! XD

nascar241993
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka, Mizuki

Post by nascar241993 » Sun May 15, 2011 8:25 pm

Spoiler: Nagoya-Fukuoka

ArcticKitsune
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Renge & Kohiru

Post by ArcticKitsune » Mon May 16, 2011 1:04 am

Hmm, the flight from Narita to Nagoya to Fukuoka hit a bit of a delay. I'm hosting a private server of Minecraft so it's cutting into everything. I've been pretty active on it to the point where I delayed blogging on Fubuki and such.....

- Narita to Nagoya:

- Nagoya to Fukuoka:

- An "emergency" landing due to time:

pauldy
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Vervietta

Post by pauldy » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:24 am

Sorry for the thread resurrection but to all of you FSX users:

How is the flight model of the default A321?
Does the aircraft have some form of Auto-trim, alpha protection and other things?

Also, is there some sort of FADEC that controls the proper Thrust outputs in accordance to Temperature?
e.g. TOGA at 34 degrees celsius would be around 96% N1 while at 15 celsius could be only up to 90% N1

Lastly, does the A321 have GPWS especially on landing? You know the iconic 50 40 30 20 Retard Retard calls ;p

Sorry for being dumb inquisitive.

I planning to buy a copy of FSX ..

halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper
Shinkis owned: 32
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Space Shuttle Arnval

Post by halconfenix » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:09 pm

pauldy wrote:Sorry for the thread resurrection but to all of you FSX users:

How is the flight model of the default A321?
Does the aircraft have some form of Auto-trim, alpha protection and other things?

Also, is there some sort of FADEC that controls the proper Thrust outputs in accordance to Temperature?
e.g. TOGA at 34 degrees celsius would be around 96% N1 while at 15 celsius could be only up to 90% N1

Lastly, does the A321 have GPWS especially on landing? You know the iconic 50 40 30 20 Retard Retard calls ;p

Sorry for being dumb inquisitive.
although i cant answer all of your questions if you give me about a week i can give you some answers...

pauldy wrote:I planning to buy a copy of FSX ..
get it! by all means! because FSX is probably the last software worthy of being called a Flight Simulator... (MS Flight has better visuals but its just too dumb and incomplete imho)

pauldy
Class A Shinki

Post by pauldy » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:35 pm

-ArcticKitsune et al: I have a proposal, could we somehow just consolidate this thread into a single Flight Simulation Thread? It's because I think there's not much people who are into this game genre lot alone here in Busou Shinki World.

I wanted to share my Lock On Modern Air Combat shots and it would be interesting to see shots from other flight sims too.

..instead of making separate threads for each flight sim title out there, since individual threads would just collect dust in this thread index anyway..

Anyway, It's just a suggestion. ^^

==

Oh yeah, I've have bought myself a FSX Gold Pack.. guess what?

My computer crawls because of the terrible slideshow caused by the Flight Simulator X Acceleration expansion (I could still get 20+ FPS with Deluxe upon installing Acceleration, FPS dropped down to 10 and below..). It's so slow that the ATC chatter sounded like they were terribly drunk.

It's probably because my PC can't cope with the demanding game, my PC could have some performance problems (dying hard disk, degraded RAM, Worm or Virus infestation..... i dunno...Ever since I defragged my HDD, my PC seem to have slowed down.) and I'm using XP.. Perhaps FSX was optimized for Windows Vista & Up..

So there! My FSX copy ended up as nothing more than a mere novelty item... It's the last of the true Microsoft Flight Simulator titles after all. Maybe I can play the game with smooth FPS by 2025 LOL

btw here are my crappy specs:
Asrock G31M Motherboard
Intel Dual Core @1.8ghz each
2gb ram
GeForce 9800GT 1024mb
Realtek HD Audio
150 GB Seagate HDD
Windows XP SP2

ArcticKitsune
Class S Shinki

Post by ArcticKitsune » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:37 pm

pauldy wrote:-ArcticKitsune et al: I have a proposal, could we somehow just consolidate this thread into a single Flight Simulation Thread? It's because I think there's not much people who are into this game genre lot alone here in Busou Shinki World.

I wanted to share my Lock On Modern Air Combat shots and it would be interesting to see shots from other flight sims too.

..instead of making separate threads for each flight sim title out there, since individual threads would just collect dust in this thread index anyway..

Anyway, It's just a suggestion. ^^

Sure, do as you wish.. Ya...I understand where you're coming from so do as you wish with this thread. Post up!

---

Side-note:

Go hunt me down on Flickr - Subtrance - if you want to converse about digital skies in various games. Mod Edit by Caterwaul: Please see the PM I sent you, AK. Anyways, safe flying and good tail-wind pauldy! I miss flying in the digital sky of FSX hmm.

-----

Edit: Might as well edit the quote below please :).
Last edited by ArcticKitsune on Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pauldy
Class A Shinki

Post by pauldy » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:19 am

ArcticKitsune wrote:
Sure, do as you wish.. Ya...I understand where you're coming from so do as you wish with this thread. Post up!

---

Side-note:

Go hunt me down on Flickr - Subtrance - if you want to converse about digital skies in various games. Anyways, safe flying and good tail-wind pauldy! I miss flying in the digital sky of FSX hmm.
That's unfortunate then. I guess I'll just call that a case of diversity. Different people, different attitudes.. ^^;
I haven't been logging much here in BSW since I have no new pics and just lurk at the news & previews index most of the time.

Anyway, like I said, FSX is indeed a NO-GO for my PC.. So I'll definitely stay out of Civil Aviation Flying for now..
I guess I'll sort of keep this thread alive by posting Air Combat Sim pics in the coming days... :arnval:

ArcticKitsune
Class S Shinki

Post by ArcticKitsune » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:11 pm

pauldy wrote: That's unfortunate then. I guess I'll just call that a case of diversity. Different people, different attitudes.. ^^;
I haven't been logging much here in BSW since I have no new pics and just lurk at the news & previews index most of the time.

Anyway, like I said, FSX is indeed a NO-GO for my PC.. So I'll definitely stay out of Civil Aviation Flying for now..
I guess I'll sort of keep this thread alive by posting Air Combat Sim pics in the coming days... :arnval:
Hmm...I see. Well, guess I'll float about to see what'll happen next. I"ve been poked.

No FSX? Damn :(. One of the best Flight Sim for you. Though, I am itching to fly in a combat sim. Also itching to fly in FSX yet this heat-wave won't let me. Computer keeps shutting off from overheating bah. Whenever I run a game it takes 5-15 minutes before it overheats so I ordered Dragon's Dogma to keep me occupied.

Canada Day with CF-18's flying over

pauldy
Class A Shinki

Post by pauldy » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:05 am

-Arctickitsune: For now that is.. What's important is that I got a copy of the very last Flight Simulator title.. (MS Flight seems to be an arcade game) Though I hope Microsoft would make a patch to remove the necessity of online activations after installing the sim. I'm not always connected to the internet.

Anyway, nice touch ups on that Hornet Screenshot. ^^