Battle Masters MK2 questions

For help & discussion of Battle Masters.
OshareKeiji
Class S Shinki

Re: Battle Masters MK2 questions

Post by OshareKeiji » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:21 am

Zenislez wrote:Speaking of speed...

Despite Estoril ambition becoming the fastest shinki, strangely enough, there is no event of her rivalry with your own Ach.

If only there are events about your own shinkis relationship with others, it will be much more interesting. But, alas we don't have it. And I think there will be no DLC for this kind of events.
That's why the attractive NPC with the boyish Ach was introduced.

Their team-up battle was one of the highlights of the story though. Fat boy didn't have a chance, even with his mommy helping out.

The closest you can get to in-house camaraderie is when your top 3 confront the final boss and build you up for the last fight.
My love for Harumi goes THIS far. Accomplished 2012/08/17.

Zenislez
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 12
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Erica, Tear, Riela

Post by Zenislez » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:19 am

Yeah. I notice that the first one is the shinki you currently use against Justice while the other two is chosen based on the highest Love level.

Since in my roster the two highest love is Ach (40) and Altlene (60), these two are becoming regulars in all subsequent event when I tried to beat Justice with other shinki, since different shinki have a bit different saying in the end.
"Motto Shiawase Ni Naru"

Xary
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0

Post by Xary » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:51 am

...Is there bad endings for the stories ?
Not sure I'd like that...

BTW Tsugaru story ?

Zenislez
Class S Shinki

Post by Zenislez » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:00 am

As far as I know, the only bad end is when you lose the fight during the last string of the stories, A.K.A. Game over.

You see, during the final event, there are multiple fights that you can't lose (except the fight before the last fight).

In other word, no bad ending, so you don't need to worry about it.
Last edited by Zenislez on Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Motto Shiawase Ni Naru"

OshareKeiji
Class S Shinki

Post by OshareKeiji » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:06 am

Xary wrote:BTW Tsugaru story ?
Like I said in the initial post, I forgot.

Will probably review it using my backup file later since I don't have my PSP nearby at the moment.

Zenislez
Class S Shinki

Post by Zenislez » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:45 am

Maybe a little bit out of the box, but oh well. I'm bored (and have a sore thumb) so why not.

Did any of you guys actually pay attention to the shinkis reaction when you took (or forced in some shinki case) them to enter cosplay tournament?

Somehow seeing their reaction is an amusing past time for me when I play Battle Masters.

So far their reaction (please correct me if I'm wrong).

Arnval - Just say cute and want to do battle with it...no matter how weird the cosplay

Strarf - Stay calm and just say something like "I don't mind, but that kind of clothes is not efficient for battle"

Fubuki - Calm, just a bit shy reaction in Kimono cosplay

Howling - Embarrassed, but try to please her master

Maochao - Enthusiastic, thinking doing cosplay will make her stronger (She even says Henshin)

Ach - Complained a lot, but when she thinks her master is happy when she wears it, she instantly calms down

Yda - Complained and insult....a lot

Altlene - Surprised....except when the cosplay cute enough, then it is the same reaction like Arnval

Altines - A little bit uncomfortable, but didn't complain

Tsugaru - Sigh a little, but when it finished, she just smiles and gives a sarcastic remark to her master

Zelnogrard - I don't remember since I rarely use her

Eukrante - Embarrassed and sometimes shocked

Ianeira - Just smile and complain that her chest part is TOO tight

Estoril - Just give a big sigh and feels uncomfortable

JillRivers - Shocked. Especially the nun cosplay tournament
"Motto Shiawase Ni Naru"

Xary
MMS Naked

Post by Xary » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:11 pm

Okay so I just got to lvl 20 with my Arnval and I'm currently working on getting her +GC armor set so I have a few questions

Here's the first problem I have: Arnval has two wing packs (one large and one smaller) so wich of the two do I have to use ?

Here's the second: From what I caught here the Ulti is obtained from a Love Event fight, however problem is I ain't had anything of the sort occuring here, what I DID see happen was a fight with a much higher level Arnval than mine but I doubt this had any similarity to Arnval's love events since the F1 ladder was mentionned...

Here's the third: at one point someone had mentionned "club valhalla to farm equips", I'd like to know how this works and when this all happens ?

Here's the fourth: I recently gained access to what appears to be the junkshop but the parts there seem a little "too good" for their prices, I can't shake the feeling there's a catch to this...also there's an option that mentions MY shinkis...I suspect it to be a "shinki selling" bit...Wich makes me wonder how much of an asshole you need to be to use that...

Does Strarf's exo armor is like Altines's ?

also can someone give me the name of the two shinkis that came in bundled with Strarf model in the shop ? and please tell me who's who ?

And does that "Justice" you guys have been talking about kinda looks like Altlene\Arnval a little bit ?

If thats the case then THERE IS a story DLC for her...

sorry for being a bother >_>"

OshareKeiji
Class S Shinki

Post by OshareKeiji » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:13 pm

Xary wrote:at one point someone had mentionned "club valhalla to farm equips", I'd like to know how this works and when this all happens ?

I recently gained access to what appears to be the junkshop but the parts there seem a little "too good" for their prices, I can't shake the feeling there's a catch to this...also there's an option that mentions MY shinkis...I suspect it to be a "shinki selling" bit...Wich makes me wonder how much of an asshole you need to be to use that...

And does that "Justice" you guys have been talking about kinda looks like Altlene\Arnval a little bit ?

If thats the case then THERE IS a story DLC for her...
~Club Valhalla will open after you finish the F2 Tournament and receive the challenge letter from Mahiro Mimazaka, the proprietor. It's basically a haven for modders and a betting battle (illegal in the official sense). You get stuff if you win, but a loss means that a random equipped part will be taken away from you.

~The Junkshop usually carries +IR/+GR/+KT equipment. They have pretty decent bonuses and low cost, but the penalties are severe. Plus the melee weapons have an unreasonably strict combo timing. If you don't have the hang of it, you can only do one swing.

And yes, the part where shinkis get sold (and scrapped) is an option... back in the first game, that was the only way you can avail of palette swaps and name changes. Why it was left intact is a mystery to me, I personally have never used it.

~No, Justice kinda looks like a cross between Meryl Silverburgh and Grey Fox (the Cyborg Ninja armor). In fact, Yoji Shinkawa of MGS was the one who designed her (ditto with the Mimics). There is no in-game Love Event nor DLC for her. The closest is the story part around the time the F0 tournament gets established.

Zenislez
Class S Shinki

Post by Zenislez » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:52 pm

I'm on my last eyelids, so sorry if something not accurate.

First question. Oh, this backpack looks nice, but that one too. Which to choose?

Actually both are used.
You see, Arnval (and Strarf) are the only shinkis that have two Ultimate RA. Yes two.
There is a catch tough. You can only choose one in battle since for arnval, one RA use different backpack and leg part than the other.

Don't worry, you can just choose the RA and the AI ask you if you want to equip the neccessary parts for the Ultimate RA. The problem is which Ultimate's who. Since in your case it is only Arnval, it should be easy. However when you have 15 or more...you need to at least know it.

Second ultimate RA only gotten from love event battle.
Not true. You just need to get her love to 20 and see her event. At home, you can press start and choose the second option to see how much love event you have seen for a particular shinki. Arnval got it at around event number 12 from a total of 17 love event.

Third Club Valhalla where you can get money and good parts...or being robbed blindly.
Club Valhalla will open as the story goes during the qualifying of F1 tournament. You can find it at the upper right side of the map.

The battle system is just iike at the game centre with a twist. The good thing is, the opponent there have good equip, so if you manage to defeat them, you get a little money and most importantly one till four of their equip. The bad thing is, most of them will have equip at least lvl 4 which means they are strong. Some of them even have ultimate RA and won't be shy to use it if you give them chance and if you lose, the AI will randomly TAKE one of your parts.

Fourth the junk shop. Hey that weapon looks nice and it is cheap...because there is a catch.
Most of these weapons are with +IR and +GR.

Let me say the good part 1st.
For their price and their cost to equip, they are very powerful. And while most weapon gives only skill related to the weapon (ex. 1h sword give +1 to gatling), they give some good skills like Lock on range+1

Now for the bad.
They also have some bad skills attach to them. Maybe minus to speed or dex or something. Range weapon of these families can't be charged (ex like rifle), but the melee weapon that really stinks. If you want to combo using it, you must press the combo at a certain time, usually during a shinki shout, groan, sound. But during the heat of the battle, I can't even think about perfect timing.

And something like selling? No, it is Junking your shinki, where despite all her love for you, you throw her away like a trash. Will I do that? No, HELL NO. No matter what the reason I will never throw away my shinkis. Will you?

5th question. Is Strarf hand armor like Altines? And who is those two anyway?
You mean static and never moved? Yea.

Those two...if I'm not mistaken, those are Estoril and JillRivers.
Estoril is the pink haired with pink racing attire.
JillRivers the blue ponytailed with black suit. I want to named her Mio but ends up with a dash. Don't ask.

Hmmm, Justice don't have event. Looks like Arnval/Altlene and DLC? If you are talking about with long hair, and black curvy suit with gold ornament, that is Sharatang.
If that one with ponytail and white suit and black ornament, most likely is Proxima.

Edit: Aw, OshareKeiji already answer it. Guess you can ignore this I guess.
"Motto Shiawase Ni Naru"

Xary
MMS Naked

Post by Xary » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:42 am

About the DLC bit:

I say that because I found a DLC shinki that KINDA looks like a mix of Arnval and Altlene, thing is I didn't see any armor/equipement set for her so I figured...

Oh well...

Anywho, can someone name some of the DLC shinkis with a raw description of them ?

I'm mostly interrested in the drummer and Violinnist shinkis but I can see myself getting Vic Viper and LordBritish soon after thoses...