Battle Masters MK2 questions

For help & discussion of Battle Masters.
pkrsrera
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Estoril

Re: Battle Masters MK2 questions

Post by pkrsrera » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:37 am

Hello everyone, I'm new here as well. Picked up Battle Masters from the first one and fell in love with all the various personalities of the Shinkis. At least the ones available by default.

I'm not exactly a beginner, but I still do have some beginner's questions to ask.

1. What is SPD, DEX, and CHA? What kind of stats are they and how do they affect gameplay?

2. Do titles do or give anything as you gather them?

3. Can any Shinki use any Rail Actions?

4. I've seen certain 'Boss AI' use Rail Actions that seem way different than what I have even if I have the same weapon they have. Like the F1 Champion, for example. Is that 'AI only' Rail Actions?

Many thanks if someone can answer my questions.

Xary
MMS Naked

Post by Xary » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:18 pm

Learned a few things that were not mentionned in the faq

Manual reload:
It would appear that trying to do R+(button bound to gun) does a manual reload of the gun, instantly re-enables the weapon but forces shinki to a standstill for a short while
(tried to taunt doing the R+triangle taunt thing but reloaded instead...works I guess ?)

Manual aiming:
It would appear that while you're shooting a gatling you may enable manual aiming by pushing R while you shoot your gatling, not exactly amazing but DOES allow to ignore the "break" of the RA beginnings...

Custom parts shop:
Appearantly either a high spec shop or only a shop filled with appearantly cosplay stuff ?
one being an old fashionned shotgun shaped thing and the other being sorts of...Arm bracers thingys with buttons ? thing being an actual weapon ?

Still can't get around using freaking RAs though...

Zenislez
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 12
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Erica, Tear, Riela

Post by Zenislez » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:17 pm

@pkrsrera

1. SPD = Speed. The higher it is, the faster your shinki walk, dash and doing RA.
Dex = Dexterity. The higher it is, the more accurate your shooting and more longer range your shinki can lock on to your opponent. Important for sniping. (Which is where Altlene crappy...)
Cha = Charisma. The higher it is, the faster your ride max bar increase and move love points from the match.

2. Some Titles give you the special RA that the bosses are using

3. Except for the shinki specific special RA and RA EX, yes.

4. No, you can get it and use it as well on the boss as "payback".
Here is the requirement for the boss RA.
~T-ARMS - Shinki All Collector = Get all in-game Shinki (exculding DLC)
~Evil Howl - Heavy Gun God = Collect 90% of weapons under the Heavy Gun category. (Launcher, Shotgun, Gatling Gun, Particle Blaster, Floating Mine Sprinkler) Again, DLC is not required.
~CHIKARA - Get both of the titles mentioned above.
~Advancing Flash - All Battler MK2 = fight every single character in the game (tournament, club valhalla, love event) and you also need (the hardest part) win in two ACH handicapped battle.
~Shining Knuckle - according to OshareKeiji, you need Artille love event.....or hack it.

@xary
Ah, I forgot to tell you. That is for Battle Masters game control but for Mk2 there a little bit difference.

Taunt is now select. While pressing R+square/triangle/circle will manually reload the weapon.

Manual Aiming is useless during high level competition. The shinkis will be too fast for manual aiming. The only use is when you are using bazooka. Aim low when near, aim high if the opponent is in front of a wall. However, this is only my opinion (not to mention I rarely use range weapon now), so use it at your discretion.

Custom Parts shop will sell those high lvl equipment. Usually from lvl 5 to lvl 7.

For using RA, just practice. Or just play it long enough. Sooner or later it will become your second nature. Even if you still not good at using RA, it is still okay. I know a person who play without RA and can still play extremely good. Though you still need to have knowledge of each RA movement track, so you know how to evade or counter it.
"Motto Shiawase Ni Naru"

Shikaze
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 9
MMS owned: 9
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Post by Shikaze » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:30 am

When you say you need to win the handicap battle, you mean the battle when you haven't got any equipment, with Ach ?

Zenislez
Class S Shinki

Post by Zenislez » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:32 pm

Yeah. Ach have two love event battle where she only have one equipment with no armor.

The first one, Ach only have twin dagger with no armor (and no RA)

The second one, Ach have a rifle and a single armor.

The second one is quite simple enough. The rifle is quite strong to snipe the opponent silly.

The first one is total nightmare.

Only twin dagger even without RA should be simple, just rush the opponent right? NO, HELL NO. Your opponent is armed with scatter missile, bazooka and "A FREAKING HAMMER". What's worst, all of her weapon WILL KO YOU IN ONE HIT. And I don't even need to explain of what the RA will do.

No amount of love and rank can help you here. Only your skill, and sometimes pure luck.

My only advice is, get close (around 5-10 range) to entice her using the hammer or hammer RA. And only, ONLY when she finish swinging her hammer your chance to attack. For the missile and bazooka, forget it. Save your poor Ach out of there.

But it's worth it. You got the title, one step closer to get a special RA, satisfied feeling of overcoming one hell of a challenge and one sweet sweet Ach moment (If not because of Altlene, Ach is my number one. Too bad she is stuck at number two).
"Motto Shiawase Ni Naru"

star
Class S Shinki
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

Post by star » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:04 pm

Zenislez wrote:Yeah. Ach have two love event battle where she only have one equipment with no armor.

The first one, Ach only have twin dagger with no armor (and no RA)

The second one, Ach have a rifle and a single armor.

The second one is quite simple enough. The rifle is quite strong to snipe the opponent silly.

The first one is total nightmare.

Only twin dagger even without RA should be simple, just rush the opponent right? NO, HELL NO. Your opponent is armed with scatter missile, bazooka and "A FREAKING HAMMER". What's worst, all of her weapon WILL KO YOU IN ONE HIT. And I don't even need to explain of what the RA will do.

No amount of love and rank can help you here. Only your skill, and sometimes pure luck.

My only advice is, get close (around 5-10 range) to entice her using the hammer or hammer RA. And only, ONLY when she finish swinging her hammer your chance to attack. For the missile and bazooka, forget it. Save your poor Ach out of there.

But it's worth it. You got the title, one step closer to get a special RA, satisfied feeling of overcoming one hell of a challenge and one sweet sweet Ach moment (If not because of Altlene, Ach is my number one. Too bad she is stuck at number two).
really? I usually just rush the opponent, it's never failed me before but I guess I change my angle

Zenislez
Class S Shinki

Post by Zenislez » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:54 pm

The main problem here is the hammer. If you are late for a fraction of a second, equal to instant KO. Maybe some people here is a good rusher and can time perfectly everytime she wakes up.

Not me though, I'm a bad rusher. My main tactics focus more solely waiting the opponent make the 1st move and counter it as best as I can. Maybe that's why I'm having a hard time in this fight.
"Motto Shiawase Ni Naru"

Shikaze
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 9
MMS owned: 9
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Post by Shikaze » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:53 pm

Good for me I know how to reset love events then ^^, tanked it while low on battery for the psp, and simply forfeited...

Xary
MMS Naked

Post by Xary » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:23 pm

okay....So now:

My Arnval is getting sick worried over something

I'm having a ridiculously hard time finding better melee weapons (took what appeared as a spear/dualsword with 219 atk)

My first bazooka became available (or what looks like it anyway)

I learned just how amazing Pile bunkers were compared to drills (Wish I now hate with all of my heart)

Got to a fight were three Zelnogards try to bum-rush me non-stop, needing a gun to deal with that, thinking about using that sorta grenade-shotgun thing in the shop to possibly one-hit em

I got the sort of laser cannon the Arnval this site's banner shows

Got a sort of alien pistol that provokes explosions where my ennemies stand
(effectively saying "screw you" to shinkis using guard)

Noticed Fubuki's default armor was above rank 2 (WHY ?!)

Avoiding to use my other shinkis because they are effectively underequipped like all hell

Turned my Arnval into a missile spam device for long ranged fights and rage-spammed the two shinkis with ridiculous amounts of health and massive exo-armors to death

What else is there to report of interresting....?

Oh yeah

The customised super armors for shinkis became available (needs ridiculous amounts of money to get ridiculously high stat equipement)

And I can appearantly deflect bullets with my daggers ?
(I attak a shinki with my melee as she's about to shoot and two wierd facts happen

1:Even though I'm at point blank and the shots go off BEFORE I can hit the ennemy I don't get hit even though I SHOULD

2:You can sometimes clearly see the projectiles spaz out and go off into a random direction, as far doing complete U turns and fly off into the setting sun !)

star
Class S Shinki
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

Post by star » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:39 pm

taunt is the select button which will add on to the ride ratio, what does the ride ratio do? I know it gives ride max but what does that do? also, I have restarted my game on a new memory chip to be able to get downloads but I still had beaten the game in the old memory and had owned a Justice, does she ever get a special rail attack? I could barely use her on the last chip due to memory issues she tookhurs to load at times, but in the final boss batle with her *SPOILER ALERT* the opponent's Justice seemed to be constantly equiped with 5 or 7 weapons and 3 to 4 special rail attacks, also herarmor was nly available in the basic store and it was very weak, I also had other issues but this was the worst, does anyone want to explain it to me please?