bionicle

Talk about other toys we collect.
rubixbox
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 4
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: You mean owned or..?

Re: bionicle

Post by rubixbox » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:07 am

star wrote:link worked :) the shark one strikes me right away as a must have! my oppinion, 'bout time! i still wish it was bionicle though, bionicle did make a baraka capable of folding into a shark but this one seems better
Ah, the Barraki...such memories they bring up......

star
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

Post by star » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:25 pm

rubixbox wrote:
star wrote:link worked :) the shark one strikes me right away as a must have! my oppinion, 'bout time! i still wish it was bionicle though, bionicle did make a baraka capable of folding into a shark but this one seems better
Ah, the Barraki...such memories they bring up......
yes, they truly were one of my favorite series

rubixbox
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 4
Favorite MMS/Shinki: You mean owned or..?

Post by rubixbox » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:56 pm

*BUMP*
So, I got some new Hero Factory this weekend:
Starting on the hero side, we have Bulk, with a few tweaks to give him some more....well, bulk.

The latest figure in my little "Hero Factory 1.5" project: Rocka 3.5. I tried to include some elements from all three of his figures in this one.

Ah, Jawblade....such an awesome looking figure, but can't actually walk on dry land.
On a related note, he has a back fin now.

Next up is Toxic Reapa. Nasty little bastard isn't he?

He's pretty cool, but I have to chuckle at the lack of armor on his legs. Robot or not, I'm still pretty sure that a kick to the crotch region would still cause a bit of damage.

Splitface is another interesting figure, and one of the few Breakout villains to actually have a Meteor Blaster. I know that of the 3.0 villains, only Scorpion and Witch Doctor actually have the weapons, but that could be excused due to the villain sets being animals.

But enough about the figure, let's play a game; How many Two-face jokes can we possibly make in the next twenty-four hours? :D

Takashi
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 10
Favorite MMS/Shinki: ACH

Post by Takashi » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:13 pm

At last I Have some time to post up my Hero Factory figures.

Bulk 3.0
ImageImage

Fangz

Rocka XL
I've made some color detailing:

Still lacking Furno to combine it with Bulk

Lock Cade
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 56
MMS owned: 4
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf, Partio

Post by Lock Cade » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:14 am

Nice pics, guys!

One of these days, I should show off the Bionicle and Hero Factory sets I have.

OHWceta
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 9
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Masurao

Post by OHWceta » Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:39 am

Personally I love the Shark design for Jawblade.

Of the Heroes I like Evo the best.

Did anyone else notice that Splitface's face halves are exactly the same? If you look at it from the top when put together it looks just like if you look at it from the front but the colors are reversed.
Kinda reminds me of the old Piraka with Vezon having the mask on the top of his head.

Has anyone else thought of remaking the original bionicles with new parts from the Hero Factory sets?
Like to RP? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome. If we don't have something you like feel free to add it.

http://roleplayparadiseii.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Klinkin
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Post by Klinkin » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:05 am

Ah, Bionicle. I can still remember back to when I pre-ordered the very first set...

Honestly, I just can't get excited about the Hero Factory line. They're cool and all, but they just don't have the same appeal Bionicle did way back when. Also, my new ball-and-socket joints have been breaking ever since LEGO outsourced their US piece production to Mexico. I still use my old Bionicle sets to make stuff, though; I should post pictures sooner or later.

OHWceta
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 9
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Masurao

Post by OHWceta » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:22 am

I wish Lego brought back the "Mask packs"

With all the new helmets from these hero guys, did anyone else see when the hero factory site paired up with the program that lets you make your own custom lego sets? The only problem is that it only had peices from the toys, no recolors for helmets or anything.

That would have been awsome for bionicle. Sadly lego was becoming less about creativity I bionicle,s later years, that might partly be why they replaced it with hero factory which seems to have brought back the "create your own" hero mentality.
Like to RP? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome. If we don't have something you like feel free to add it.

http://roleplayparadiseii.forumotion.com/forum.htm

star
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

Post by star » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:38 pm

i got jawblade, he looks cool on the box/back thing but the leg things they gave him are just strange, i did see him use them like iceskate to walk on land in the video at the lego website so he is land capable, sort of anyways, his body armor keepes poping off on mine, his bottom jaw is also really tight, i like the figure but the quality is just gone, the blades colors are uneven and more or less not in the proper places that box shows, i mught get the underwater red on from this set yet but im not so sure anymore, and why is the blue one( i didn't bother to learn names of heros) on land and the red on underwater? thats so strange

Joeyz1231
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 14
MMS owned: 13
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Murmeltier

Post by Joeyz1231 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:22 am

Klinkin wrote:Ah, Bionicle. I can still remember back to when I pre-ordered the very first set...

Honestly, I just can't get excited about the Hero Factory line. They're cool and all, but they just don't have the same appeal Bionicle did way back when. Also, my new ball-and-socket joints have been breaking ever since LEGO outsourced their US piece production to Mexico. I still use my old Bionicle sets to make stuff, though; I should post pictures sooner or later.
Bionicle had those awesome mystic feeling and unique names. they were also the 1st toys to exclusively ball-socket joints instead of bricks, although the quality control sucks now. the new sockets tend to break very easily, limiting your creativity to combine stuff. such a shame. :sad:

star wrote:i got jawblade, he looks cool on the box/back thing but the leg things they gave him are just strange, i did see him use them like iceskate to walk on land in the video at the lego website so he is land capable, sort of anyways, his body armor keepes poping off on mine, his bottom jaw is also really tight, i like the figure but the quality is just gone, the blades colors are uneven and more or less not in the proper places that box shows, i mught get the underwater red on from this set yet but im not so sure anymore, and why is the blue one( i didn't bother to learn names of heros) on land and the red on underwater? thats so strange
Ha, they never had this wierd problem with bionicle. Forgive me if I'm complaining too much, but I just miss the old line so much...
I do admit, hero factory is good, design-wise and everything, but NOTHING could beat the storyline of Bionicle.