Fun with Figmas!

Talk about other toys we collect.
arhra
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 38
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altines

Re: Fun with Figmas!

Post by arhra » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:08 pm

rubixbox wrote:You know, I've been looking for a Nanoha Figma for a while. How is she?
Which version? They're all, well, pretty standard fare as figmas go.

The only real caveats are that StrikerS Nanoha is one of the earlier releases, so she has the ball-peg wrist joints, which can be kinda annoying (and stressful) to change, and the two young versions both suffer in the leg articulation department thanks to their skirts (StrikerS Nanoha's leg articulation isn't particularly spectacular either - she has a flexible plastic skirt, but it's tight enough to restrict articulation a bit; her half-skirt waist-cape thing doesn't get in the way at all though, as it just sits loosely around her waist).

Other than that, there's not really much to note about them. The uniform version is rather bare-bones in the accessory department (the usual array of hands, just one alt face, alternate pigtails with her own ribbons rather than Fate's, Yuuno in ferret form, school backpack, and a special hand holding Raising Heart in jewel form), but the two barrier jacket versions are both fantastic - multiple forms for Raising Heart, Flier Fin effect parts, pretty much everything you could expect.

The only other possible caveat is that the young barrier jacket Nanoha is the Movie 1st version, which means the costume design puts a bit more gundam and a bit less schoolgirl into the mix than the original design (the gold techy clasp thing rather than the big frilly ribbon on the front, etc), which I know rubbed some people the wrong way (personally I liked it, but I'd still appreciate a 1st season/A's-accurate figma as well...).

edit: Sayaka is up.

Also, Saber and Rider re-releases out of nowhere.

Takashi
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 10
Favorite MMS/Shinki: ACH

Post by Takashi » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:48 am

arhra wrote:
Oh thaks for the info. I'll preorder on that...hope they'll do a FIGMA of Gilgamesh or Archer...

rubixbox
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 4
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: You mean owned or..?

Post by rubixbox » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:46 pm

arhra wrote:Which version? They're all, well, pretty standard fare as figmas go.

The only real caveats are that StrikerS Nanoha is one of the earlier releases, so she has the ball-peg wrist joints, which can be kinda annoying (and stressful) to change, and the two young versions both suffer in the leg articulation department thanks to their skirts (StrikerS Nanoha's leg articulation isn't particularly spectacular either - she has a flexible plastic skirt, but it's tight enough to restrict articulation a bit; her half-skirt waist-cape thing doesn't get in the way at all though, as it just sits loosely around her waist).

Other than that, there's not really much to note about them. The uniform version is rather bare-bones in the accessory department (the usual array of hands, just one alt face, alternate pigtails with her own ribbons rather than Fate's, Yuuno in ferret form, school backpack, and a special hand holding Raising Heart in jewel form), but the two barrier jacket versions are both fantastic - multiple forms for Raising Heart, Flier Fin effect parts, pretty much everything you could expect.

The only other possible caveat is that the young barrier jacket Nanoha is the Movie 1st version, which means the costume design puts a bit more gundam and a bit less schoolgirl into the mix than the original design (the gold techy clasp thing rather than the big frilly ribbon on the front, etc), which I know rubbed some people the wrong way (personally I liked it, but I'd still appreciate a 1st season/A's-accurate figma as well...).
I know absolutely nothing about the Nanoha series other than the basic "Nanoha makes friends by shooting giant magic lasers at people" meme, so I'm not entirely sure which version I've got my eye on (It's this one, although judging by your rundown I'm guessing it's the barrier jacket version).
Takashi wrote:Oh thaks for the info. I'll preorder on that...hope they'll do a FIGMA of Gilgamesh or Archer...
I don't know about Gilgamesh, but I think Archer's made it to the prototype stage already.

arhra
Class A Shinki

Post by arhra » Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:18 pm

rubixbox wrote:I know absolutely nothing about the Nanoha series other than the basic "Nanoha makes friends by shooting giant magic lasers at people" meme, so I'm not entirely sure which version I've got my eye on (It's this one, although judging by your rundown I'm guessing it's the barrier jacket version).
That's the StrikerS version (third season, takes place after a ten-year timeskip from the first two). As I mentioned, she's one of the earlier figma releases (#005, in fact), so she shares some of the usual issues that that entails (mainly the ball-peg wrists, and you probably want to be careful with her twin-tails). Other than that, and the slightly restricted leg articulation, she's great. Not quite as accessory-laden as some of the later releases, but still decent (two forms for her weapon, effect parts for the wings on her feet, and the usual array of faces and hands).

I'd highly recommend checking the show out, too. At least find a few hours spare to watch the movie, which does a fantastic job of compressing the first season down to a couple of hours, without really losing anything significant in the process (it actually does a better job of explaining a few things than the TV series), and with massively better production values.
I don't know about Gilgamesh, but I think Archer's made it to the prototype stage already.
Archer was shown in prototype form what.... two years ago now, or something? And he's never reappeared since, despite the UBW movie being released in the meantime, which would have been a perfect tie-in. I wouldn't get your hopes up on him, frankly.

royalpain88
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Arnval

Post by royalpain88 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:48 pm

arhra wrote:
rubixbox wrote:
What? :eek: SWEET! :spot: :nanner: :thumbsup: :headbang:
Looks like I can still get my project done as planned. Just lengthened.
Gentlemen do prefer blonde's.

Storm Wing
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka

Post by Storm Wing » Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:13 am

arhra wrote:Got some new arrivals today:

Noticed that they were both in stock at Mandarake Nakano, at fairly reasonable prices, so I decided to snap 'em up (along with the Movie 1st Final Scene nendo petites) and finally complete my collection of Nanoha figmas (until the second movie is released and they inevitably release more - here's hoping for loli Hayate, Arf, and Zafira; maybe Reinforce if we're really lucky):

(also shown are Actsta Subaru, Teana, Nanoha and Fate, along with the previously mentioned nendo petites)
You know, i was eating my lunch during my break. & when i saw that pics, i coughed HARD. :eek: How the heck did you manage your fund for all of those??!! GAAHHH~!! :headboom:

Aside from that...
Unlimited Blade Works!! At times like this, i really, REALLY want that Copying Mirror from D0r@3m0n, so we can copy thos swords as MANY as possible... }:> Muhahahahah~!!
Cut! Cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut CUT!!
Spin the vermin, reverse the guilt. Reverse the birth, reverse the world. Spin spin spinspinspinSPIN~~~!

arhra
Class A Shinki

Post by arhra » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:30 am

So it looks like Robocop isn't releasing this month after all. Although the note there says something about confirming a new date shortly, so he may have just been bumped back into the first week or so of November, rather than a full delay to the back half of the month.

On the other hand, MJ has finally been given a date (27th), so good news for anyone that was waiting for him.

arhra
Class A Shinki

Post by arhra » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:34 pm

arhra wrote:he may have just been bumped back into the first week or so of November, rather than a full delay to the back half of the month.
Looks like I was right. Missed it when it first went up a few days ago, but Robocop has indeed just been bumped into early November - he'll be coming on the 3rd now.

Mikuo_Hatsune
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 163
MMS owned: 13
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Murmeltier

Post by Mikuo_Hatsune » Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:58 am

I Bought a Nico Labo naked Figma awhile ago
however I didn't get around to fixing it till today

so I put on a custom made Shinki bikini on it cause its almost summer here and let my imagination run free

and Mio for Moe Moe Kyun
Don't Follow Me On Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/ODST813

Takashi
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 10
Favorite MMS/Shinki: ACH

Post by Takashi » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:59 am

Mikuo_Hatsune wrote:I Bought a Nico Labo naked Figma awhile ago
however I didn't get around to fixing it till today

so I put on a custom made Shinki bikini on it cause its almost summer here and let my imagination run free

I wanna be a Spartan! :*)