Busou Shinki - Moon Angel, Ep 1 Discussion

For discussion of the Busou Shinki anime shorts and unofficial animation such as Plamoo's stop motion movies.

Moderator: Caterwaul

kjyl
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 13
MMS owned: 14
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Re: Busou Shinki - Moon Angel, Ep 1 Discussion

Post by kjyl » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:13 pm

The first ep. is not bad but it is pretty much the trailer so there you go.

Shikaze
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 9
MMS owned: 9
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Post by Shikaze » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:05 pm

Caterwaul wrote:Translating various bits on Konami's summary...

This was a free preview of the series. Looks like it'll officially start on Sept 22, and will essentialy be PPV. Not that it'll likely stop the fansubbers.
Right on that, methinks... :|
My thoughts on the show itself?
Some really nice animation. The CG was noticeable, but they did a pretty good job of hiding it.
Good CG = fluid animation. IMO, CG is the best option for a good mech battle, and since we're talking about mecha musume...
The pursuit at the beginning between Strarf and Arnval was goo, and worthy of a better source than a webcast.
Those kids were JERKS. I mean, yes, he's new, but he's making an effort to be friendly. Snubbing him like that for no reason?
Unfortunately, this is not even remotely far from reality. Japanese people in general live in a group mentality, and any people coming from the exterior of the group get shunned. And with kid in general being able to be really odious, well, you got that scene.

Azuma-Blade
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 1
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Maochao

Post by Azuma-Blade » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:07 pm

I just watched the subbed version of episode 1 and looks great and i'm looking forward for the next episode

and i just noticed about Strarf it seems that she is.... can't explain well.... "worried" about Arnval by look on her face

and btw i just to double facepalm at infinite stratos comments

Caterwaul
News Reporter
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by Caterwaul » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:08 pm

Yeah, the Infinite Stratos comments are starting to turn into a pet peeve.
I dont think Strarf really WANTS to bring Arnval in, but she sorta has to as its her orders. And a good Shinki obeys her masters orders. Note how earlier she mentioned was returning a favor, implying Arnval did something for her, earlier.

Out of curiosity, to those who played BR. Any idea what CSC's Arnval's got installed from that one shot, and what they'd do for her?

arhra
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 38
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altines

Post by arhra » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:05 pm

Caterwaul wrote:Note how earlier she mentioned was returning a favor, implying Arnval did something for her, earlier.
I wouldn't read too much into that particular translation of that line - the other group that's subbed it (and who did a much better job in general) translated it rather differently (as "Don't make me do this."; I have a feeling from poking around on wwwjdic that it's not a particularly straightforward line to translate, especially by ear).

But both translations (and the actual animation and voice acting) definitely give the impression that Strarf is rather reluctant about fighting Arnval (and kinda worried about her in general), and is just following orders (who wants to bet that she ends up rebelling before the end of the show?). Also, the better subs translate the scientist's first line at the end as "Shinki shouldn't be able to defy orders", rather than the first group's "The shinki that opposed us", which makes it much clearer exactly what's going on.

ZeroEdge
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 11
MMS owned: 11
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Noire, Ayu and Yuuko

Post by ZeroEdge » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:16 am

Seen both fansubbed versions, there's a third one but haven't seen it yet... might wait if more groups will pick up on the show.

ArcticKitsune
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Renge & Kohiru

Post by ArcticKitsune » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:02 pm

Lovin' the episode! Can't wait to breakdown more, and watched this episodes about 20-40 times now. And somehow after all that viewing the episode kept giving me a new experience...a Ken store that sells shinki, a group of kids who shuns Tsubasa, and Shinki that show very intelligent AI. Can't wait for more...

But someone should either fire or train that truck driver to be better with his cargo. Normaly truck drivers get paranoid and have a chance of calling it in or pulling over: -2 points for driver and cliche bits :P.

------
Caterwaul wrote:Yeah, the Infinite Stratos comments are starting to turn into a pet peeve.
It pissed me off so much that I ended up "kindly trolling" a few people to compare this Anime with Angelic Layer, or as its own Anime. I can't help it....It's like calling a Dodge a Ford, a Ferrari a BMW, or a cellphone a computer. Sadly, I might of been too rude (again) where I posted, or people willing to inform themselves.

-------
I dont think Strarf really WANTS to bring Arnval in, but she sorta has to as its her orders. And a good Shinki obeys her masters orders. Note how earlier she mentioned was returning a favor, implying Arnval did something for her, earlier.

Arnval most likely broke free from command, attacked Straf, and fled so Straf simply "returned the favor" by shooting back. And yes, Straf looks as if she doesn't want to hurt Arnval. Orders are orders though.......
Out of curiosity, to those who played BR. Any idea what CSC's Arnval's got installed from that one shot, and what they'd do for her?
I did a break-down of the episodes and found out what CSC she MIGHT have. Don't quote me as the colors are a bit off.

http://ghostlysubstance.swgbex.com/Blog/?p=2448

-> > Arnval’s CSC Cores are Green, blue, and purple. They are to help with Shinki attributes before they are booted up with their own personality & AI. Her attributes are…Increased accuracy (blue), Increases SP growth (purple), and dodge/mobility (green)
Unfortunately, this is not even remotely far from reality. Japanese people in general live in a group mentality, and any people coming from the exterior of the group get shunned. And with kid in general being able to be really odious, well, you got that scene.
That's the same for my area as well. Do anything different and you're the idiot in the scenery so who cares. I know this first hand as I experienced the severe end of this stick. Hive-mind mentality sucks......Poor Tsubasa. At least he found a lovely angel under the giant full moon.

Edit: Said a bit too much in one post. May save for later.

Azuma-Blade
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Maochao

Post by Azuma-Blade » Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:05 pm

ArcticKitsune wrote:It pissed me off so much that I ended up "kindly trolling" a few people to compare this Anime with Angelic Layer, or as its own Anime. I can't help it....It's like calling a Dodge a Ford, a Ferrari a BMW, or a cellphone a computer. Sadly, I might of been too rude (again) where I posted, or people willing to inform themselves.
Well we can't blame them because some of the people we're born late so they didn't know some of the old anime's which aired before them so we can't blame them for being noobs

Caterwaul
News Reporter
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by Caterwaul » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:26 pm

No excuse for lazy research.

Epicusername
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 6