Talk about whatever you want!
star
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

shinki care and repair

Post by star » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:00 pm

hello, its important to take care of shinki so as not to need to repare tham at all, but in some cases, they come with problems, although the newer mms3rds have been excelent, some of the older ones have not been, example: my arnval mk2's legs fall off on the ball joint(how do i fix that?). one example of proper care is not to over use the joints, they can get worn down from this, and also, the paint is able to be scratched off so be carefull with sharp objects around shinki(their own weapons are pretty harmless) also beware of paints that may eat away at the plastic if you do any custom work or patch-ups (i still need help reinforceing my arnval mk2's leg ball joints) (please feel free to add information not already said, i need all the help i can get when giveing advice)

blade_anime
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: All of mine

Re: shinki care and repair

Post by blade_anime » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:47 pm

When turning the hands, try to hold them by the joint so that it doesn't loosen, those pegs aren't quite as long as they should be and have a tendency of stretching out the sides of the hands if you handle them wrong, making it so that it can easily fall off the joint. Also, be careful when putting things into shinki hands that aren't meant to be there, don't force it too much or you could cause permanent damage. If the fingers seem bent outwards a bit, try gently bending them inwards.

star
Class S Shinki

Post by star » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:57 pm

my arnval mk2s legs are falling off at the ball joint, how can i fix this permanently without effecting he move-ability?

Shiaoran
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 47
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altlene

Post by Shiaoran » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:45 pm

To my experience, when an articulation is too loose, all you have to do is add a thin layer of superglue.
Put a tiny bit on the ball, quickly put the leg back and keep moving it in every possible direction for about a minute.

Movement won't be as smooth as before, but this may be an advantage when posing.

star
Class S Shinki

Post by star » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:13 pm

Shiaoran wrote:To my experience, when an articulation is too loose, all you have to do is add a thin layer of superglue.
Put a tiny bit on the ball, quickly put the leg back and keep moving it in every possible direction for about a minute.

Movement won't be as smooth as before, but this may be an advantage when posing.
hmm, i had fixed it before with something but i hadn't layered it enough, its still peeling and glue scares me, do you have any other ideas? i do apologize but ive had bad experiences with glue, i believe xehn told me another way to fix it last time and it worked, i was hopeing some one would remember that one, again, i am sorry and im sure it works, im just afraid off useing glue for this since the residue from last time is still pealing off

Shiaoran
Class S Shinki

Post by Shiaoran » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:50 pm

Superglue won't peel, you must've used something else.
Clear nail polish is another option, but it does peel off easily and isn't quite permanent. I use it only in pegs.
PVC film is yet another tool, but it's usage is limited due to how it won't stick well and needs to be well hidden.

star
Class S Shinki

Post by star » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:47 am

Shiaoran wrote:Superglue won't peel, you must've used something else.
Clear nail polish is another option, but it does peel off easily and isn't quite permanent. I use it only in pegs.
PVC film is yet another tool, but it's usage is limited due to how it won't stick well and needs to be well hidden.
i think the nail polish is what i used last time, is there any way to make it not peel? im still afraid of glue, but if i must then i must.....

Shiaoran
Class S Shinki

Post by Shiaoran » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:08 am

I don't think so.
I know it's hard to do stuff like that, but superglue has never failed me nor damaged the figure.

star
Class S Shinki

Post by star » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:51 pm

Shiaoran wrote:I don't think so.
I know it's hard to do stuff like that, but superglue has never failed me nor damaged the figure.
oh, um i just found acrilic paint sealer in my basement, might that seal in the nail polish? it sure makes it hard to chip normal paint off anything

Shiaoran
Class S Shinki

Post by Shiaoran » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:12 pm

Then try using it without anything else, to avoid making it too thick or having a reaction to the nail polish.