ZeroEdge's Custom Weaponry

For pictures & videos or created works such as Signatures, Avatars & Wallpapers.

Moderator: Chaos Incarnate

ZeroEdge
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 11
MMS owned: 11
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Noire, Ayu and Yuuko

Re: ZeroEdge's Custom Weaponry

Post by ZeroEdge » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:07 am

star wrote:oh my gosh, this is amazing! it looks incredible! would you be able to give me some advice for a sword with a case to peg into a shinki socket and a sythe with a moveable head blade? and a small hand gun :tsugaru: (i have custom shinki with very little in terms of accesories)
I have a 1:144 Astray Red Frame's katana that I modded for Noir a while back, I just glued a peg on the sheath. You can scratch-build a sheath, but it can be a little tough (IMO), especially since I've yet to try that (I might build a pair for Espadia sometime soon so stay tuned XD). As for a scythe with a moveable blade... are you perhaps referring to a hinged blade? Perhaps Gundam Deathscythe's (not Deathscythe Hell) weapon is a good source of inspiration, as his scythe is hinged, enabling it to transform into a naginata. As for the handgun, you can just cut out a handgun outline out of plaplate or any material you prefer, then carefully carve out and color in detail. Another option is to make it out of three or so layers of thin plastic, but that is a bit more difficult. I always build my weapons out of multiple layers of plastic (used dvd cases, don't have plaplate XD)and cardboard, so I'm kinda used to a little bit of detailing.

ZeroEdge
Class S Shinki

Post by ZeroEdge » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:11 am

ZeroEdge Custom Weapons OMAKE!!!

It's been awhile since I've updated here... I've been busy with work and some other stuff. All I've got for now are two small builds:

Mysteltainn Chainsaw
Yes, a pink chainsaw... what could be more terrifying? Oh, and in case you didn't know, it's based on Haruna's signature weapon in 'Kore wa Zombie Desu Ka?'

Custom Segway
... because nothing can be cooler than a Segway.

So far, I've built around 14 weapon sets plus one Segway (the twin daggers and bladed tonfas are paired weapons; 1 pair = 1 set). Before I build more, I should start to think about making some weapon racks to display them properly (they're cluttering my display cabinet XD).

blade_anime
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: All of mine

Post by blade_anime » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:17 pm

I thought Red Frame's Katana looked a bit too big for a shinki's hands.... By the way, if you want handguns, use an HG Strike Noir's. Those work like a dream with shinki. I was actually testing out the compatability of various weapons with shinki the other day and hope to post the results soon.

ZeroEdge
Class S Shinki

Post by ZeroEdge » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:38 am

blade_anime wrote:I thought Red Frame's Katana looked a bit too big for a shinki's hands.... By the way, if you want handguns, use an HG Strike Noir's. Those work like a dream with shinki. I was actually testing out the compatability of various weapons with shinki the other day and hope to post the results soon.
Yes, Astray's katana is kinda oversized for shinki hands, so I sanded down the hilt. I also have Strike Noir, but I don't want to take his pistols from him (I have him displayed like he is depicted on his boxart). I also have extras of Cherudim's pistols (I bought Cherudim a while back, but soon discovered Cherudim GNHW/R :P ) Blu Duel also has twin pistols, but they're kinda attached to him... literally. In short, most gunpla weaponry is compatible with shinkis, and that can also be said of gunpla compatible weapons, like Kotobukiya's MSG weapon sets.

BTW, is there a thread talking about shinki-compatible weapons? If not, could I suggest you starting one? It could be very helpful to beginners and those who don't see other stuff that often. Other members can also post pics of their weapon finds (Mikuo, I hope you're reading this XD).

blade_anime
Class S Shinki

Post by blade_anime » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:39 pm

I'll try posting the pics tommorow, but I think it's important to note that NOT all gunpla weapons are compatible with shinki (unless you're willing to take some SERIOUS risks of damaging the hands.) Virtue's bazooka and back mounted cannons don't work, neither do the GN Swords I or II (well, I can work, but it's risky) Dynames' and Nadleeh's rifles are no-nos as well. Expect a full report on my findings to hopefully be up tomorrow.

ZeroEdge
Class S Shinki

Post by ZeroEdge » Mon May 02, 2011 7:29 pm

blade_anime wrote:Virtue's bazooka and back mounted cannons don't work
Espadia 03 by KazameReiji, on Flickr
I did that back then without any modifications. I haven't tried Virtue's GN Bazooka yet, 'cause I liked Seravee's better.

Anyway, some gunpla weapons do need modding for them to be really shinki compatible, but Konami did make weapons that really hurt your shinki's hands, the best example that I have are Strarf's and Espadia's swords that have hilts that are just too large, IMO.

ZeroEdge
Class S Shinki

Post by ZeroEdge » Sat May 07, 2011 12:14 pm

Here's a first... I customized a weapon not entirely out of scratch! Just a little mod of Gundam 00 Seven Sword's GN Sword II Blaster to match Noir's armor.

Major difference is the blade. I thought the original was too small so I super-sized it a bit. The flat black blade looks better than a shiny one IMO.

That's another weapon in Noir's arsenal.

Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Shinkis owned: 33
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Post by Xehn » Sat May 07, 2011 1:52 pm

I think... I'd have made just the very edge silver or something. Or at least a different color. Not that this looks bad. Good job!

blade_anime
Class S Shinki

Post by blade_anime » Sat May 07, 2011 11:55 pm

I meant that the cannons can't be held. They have handles to be held, but they're too thick for shinki hands.

ZeroEdge
Class S Shinki

Post by ZeroEdge » Mon May 09, 2011 8:22 am

Xehn wrote:I think... I'd have made just the very edge silver or something. Or at least a different color. Not that this looks bad. Good job!
I wanted a pure-black blade, but it does look very unnatural without the edge visible, so here...

blade_anime wrote:I meant that the cannons can't be held. They have handles to be held, but they're too thick for shinki hands.
Sorry about that, I forgot those things have grips that Nadleeh used... I always use 'em as back-mounted weapons.