Moderator: Sword

persocomsan
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 41
MMS owned: 13
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altines/Valona

Arnval MkII

Post by persocomsan » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:17 pm

Ok, she's got sooo much stuff, and well, this is my first Arnval. I've always been a Strarf person. But now that I got her I need some advices on her. First of all, she's got too much gear. How do I get her tension working? I've tried multiple combinations and can't get it yet. Also what weapons are best, I mean she's got 8 choices here. A little overbearing for a first time Arnval user. I assume accuracy and attack should be her focus but I'd like someone with more experience to step in and set me on the right path.

MaximumBurst
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 1
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Yda

Re: Arnval MkII

Post by MaximumBurst » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:32 pm

I don't have an Arnval, but as someone who has been beaten by many Arnvals, a movement skill + Arc Blast = win. So probably either build for tons of SP and some evasion, or a mix of SP, accuracy, and evasion would be best. Arc Blast is the skill from her new launcher weapon by the way, and it does around 1900 damage I think. The weapon itself has good accuracy and power for a launcher.

I've also encountered a couple Arnvals and Strarfs who managed to get their tension build against me, and against an evasion Shinki, they do not do very well at all. I was able to dodge almost all the hits, and the damage was quite low. It might be better not to use their tension sets.
If you have an unused Maochao Battle Rondo code and don't plan on using it, please send me a PM! I'd gladly accept any other unused codes as well. :schmetterling:

persocomsan
Class S Shinki

Post by persocomsan » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:17 pm

I don't use Strarf's tension, I got her doing quite well right now. I just wanna know how to set up Arnval's to try it out. But yeah that launcher is pretty nice. I got 3 cat's eyes in my Arnval. I'll work on the Acc/SP/evasion then because that's pretty close to what I was hoping to do. I'll probably hook those SPT wings for a movement skill when her SP level is up :3

halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper
Shinkis owned: 32
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Space Shuttle Arnval

Post by halconfenix » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:39 pm

if you manage to put your Arnval MK2 armor in "pegasus" mode then you'll get the tension, just look at the artwork and the reviews on the figure for the armor configuration , if you manage to replicate that on BR, the tension should appear.

(edit: if someone has spare/unused codes for her and strarf mk2 and dont plan on using them... can i have them?)

Sword
Battle Rondo Edification Officer
Shinkis owned: 25
MMS owned: 6
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Fubuki

Post by Sword » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:47 pm

I don't have the mk2s, but the tension pieces should have a circled number in the description. Just equip all numbered parts.

MaximumBurst
Class A Shinki

Post by MaximumBurst » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:56 pm

halconfenix wrote:(edit: if someone has spare/unused codes for her and strarf mk2 and dont plan on using them... can i have them?)
A lot of good that will do you in the Battle Rondo section of the board. lol
Last edited by MaximumBurst on Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you have an unused Maochao Battle Rondo code and don't plan on using it, please send me a PM! I'd gladly accept any other unused codes as well. :schmetterling:

persocomsan
Class S Shinki

Post by persocomsan » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:17 pm

halconfenix wrote:if you manage to put your Arnval MK2 armor in "pegasus" mode then you'll get the tension, just look at the artwork and the reviews on the figure for the armor configuration , if you manage to replicate that on BR, the tension should appear.

Alright thanks ^^
Sword wrote:I don't have the mk2s, but the tension pieces should have a circled number in the description. Just equip all numbered parts.
And thank you too, I never realized it was that simple XD

MaximumBurst
Class A Shinki

Post by MaximumBurst » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:48 pm

Oh right. On the topic of SP builds, does anyone know a good strategy of raising a really high SP Shinki? I've tried two times to make one, but one ended up with Lv27 SP by Lv96 and another with Lv33 SP by Lv90. I've fought Shinkis with much higher SP levels at lower levels.

I'm pretty sure using movement skills is a good way to build it. Using low accuracy weapons like the Champagne Bottle, Dynamite, Love Love Bomber are also good ways not to raise attack and accuracy levels. I think this kind of building is best done when not focusing on trying to achieve S-class. Trying to get the required wins while intentionally trying to not win is very risky.

halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper
Shinkis owned: 32
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Space Shuttle Arnval

Post by halconfenix » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:07 pm

MaximumBurst wrote:
halconfenix wrote:(edit: if someone has spare/unused codes for her and strarf mk2 and dont plan on using them... can i have them?)
A lot of good that will do you in the Battle Rondo section of the board. lol
at least i tried....

persocomsan
Class S Shinki

Post by persocomsan » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:28 pm

Ok, the tension works ok on beginner Fubukis and such, but yeah I see exactly what you mean, mostly miss and very very weak. Her cannon seems to be a good weapon, but it's going to be a long time before I can use Arc Blast (sp lvl 25). I'm giving her a good movement skill once she hits SP lvl 5 with SPT mech wing thingies. Not a whole lot to rely on in the early stages.