Busou Shinki Battle Masters - PSP Game coming 7/15/10

For help & discussion of Battle Masters.
star
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

Re: Busou Shinki Battle Masters - PSP Game coming 7/15/10

Post by star » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:27 pm

what is DLC?

Hylian Pirate
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 31
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Arnval

Post by Hylian Pirate » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:48 pm

DLC is DownLoadable Content.

Icchan
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 7
MMS owned: 7
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Fubuki

Post by Icchan » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:55 am

I'll give a rundown on what I've learned so far...

I'll begin from the very start...or at least from what I can remember...

In the Beginning...

The Shop

You'll be first prompted for the owner name(that's you obviously) then you start off with 3000Spt(currency in Battle Masters)

Then you start off in the shop with only an Arnval MK.II to pick from the selection which costs 2000Spt. so you buy her and have 1000Spt left.

You go to a menu with 4 choices, 1st being the shinkis, 2nd is buying parts, 3rd is selling parts and 4th being the tutorial(You guys might wanna do the whole thing in there since it teaches a lot of useful stuff like linking your attacks, how to use SP attacks, dodging and such.)

I'd recommend you buy a weapon while you're still in the shop like buying a gun and/or a short sword and after that maybe go do the tutorial since it'll help quite a lot as it did to me.

to get out of the shop just go back to the 4 choice menu and press "X" select yes, and you'll head outside, where there's a menu with 5 choices.

The first one should be grayed out right now, but you'll unlock it later, 2nd is the shop you were just in, 3rd is practice and lastly is the LAN battles where you can beat up your friends and stuff...though I don't think it gave me exp/money, must be friendly matches.

"World Map"

Game Center

So you get out of the shop and see the map, upper left would be the "Game Center" where you can fight other shinkis. Win/Lose those battles, you'll still earn EXP, but winning gets you Spt and maybe unlocks new items in the shops, also there will be some sort of rating on how your battle is and you'll be graded from D to S, if you get damaged only a little you get a high rank, more damage=lower rank.

The Menu at the game center is pretty simple since you just pick out an oppnent, then you go to the shinki selection, then a menu prompts you to either START the battle, go to the EQUIPMENT of your shinki, or CANCEL.

Owner's Room

On the same Map at the lower left of it, that's where you house is, where you can check on your mail, shinkis, their status, equipment, access the options and most importantly...the place to save

The menu of the house is pretty easy to memorize. First one is some sort of mail, Second is the shinki selection where you can equip your outfit your shinkis with your stuff. Third is the list of "people" you've beaten at the game center and what rank you got. Fourth...I'm not quite sure but in there, the first one shows you the owner stats I think and the 2nd is some sort of encyclopedia. and Last of the menu is the save.

If you're wondering where the options are...press the "START" button while you're in the Owner's room. The options shows you the sound options, something about your shinkis and of course...Return to title Screen.

Shinki Status and Stuff

So let's now go to Stats of the shinkis

The Stats are quite different from what I remember from Battle Rondo. It is as follows:

Love/Level:
Rank(?) (1-5)
LP (Life, in case you forget...)
SPD (Movement?)
DEX (Shooting?)
CHA (uhhh...?)
DEF (...c'mon)
???(I think these two are related to some sort of defense though...)
???
COST(Capacity):
ATK(Circle)
ATK(Triangle)
ATK(Square)

The leveling system is quite simple since Love=Level, somehow when you fight the love increases then levels up...the others stats pretty much stay the same and the only thing that I see that increases would be the Cost/Capacity. The Capacity increases according to what "rank" your shinki is, like if it's still 1st "rank", capacity increases by 20, then when you get to Love 6, you "rank up" then your capacity increases by 30. Love 11="Rank 3", Love 15="Rank 4", Love 19(I think?)="Rank 5", which is the highest...

The "Rank" enables you to utilize better equipment and parts. Speaking of parts...The parts are pretty easy to find out but I'll run through it..

So you go select your shinki and start customizing what equipment you'd want them to use.

A menu appears with 4 choices, the first being the parts/weapons, 2nd being the settings for your SP attacks, 3rd is SAVING your current item set, 4th is LOADING a saved set.

Outfitting your shinki

So the weapons...basically Square, X and Triangle, just put it in whichever button pleases you. Parts...Head, Body, Arms, Skirt, Legs, Feet, Back part, Shield, Accessory1, Accessory2, Accessory3. just keep an eye on the cost and you should do fine~

Next are the SP attacks, as you can see, it shows you the D-Pad, that's basically where you'll set your SP attack. I'll tell you right now that there's only 1 SP attack per weapon type as far as I can tell, so no matter what gun it is as long as it's of the same weapon type, they'll have the same SP attack...so you set which SP attack goes where, as we know, the movement is the D-Pad, so how do you use SP attacks? you press Trianlge+Circle+D-Pad(pick which direction) and it will activate the corresponding SP attack if you have enough SP.

Even More Stuff

Well...so far the clears up the basic stuff...now to get to the fun and lengthly parts which I'm still working on...namely What the ride guage exactly does, the huge building in the center, the underground fights, the fancy shop, the "black market" sort of shop...When will the character events take place and what it's about(though I'm having a tough time with this...I already forgot what Arnval and Altlene were up to...)

Onwards!

That Huge Structure..
So that huge building things is F"Somethingsomething building" that's where you go for the fun official rank tournament like event. I'll call it the "FBuilding" since it has F and it's a huge building..

There's the Local-like tournament back where the shinki center is, oh yes, the shinki center is where the fancy shop, the normal shop, local tournaments, the practice place, and the LAN battles are.

To access a certain level in the "FBuilding" you need to win certain local tourneys.

The Shinki-Center
So back at the shinki-center, that's where the shop is, it'll be right under the normal shop, that's where there aren't really much stuff in there and they're stock is usually a modified version of what in the normal shop, namely more powerful items but obiously more expensive....honestly..I don't buy there since I'm usually satisfied with my equipment...

The Shady Store
So next we've got the "black market" sort of shop, you unlock the shop later on in the game after beating the F3 tourney in the "FBuilding", I think...it looks pretty shady really, it's all trashy and dirty. They equipment there are pretty nice, even better than the stuff at the fancy shop but I don't really use equipment there since I usually find normal powerful equips as I fight so I dunno if there's something up with the items there.

"Underground Fights"
Then next we've got the underground fights, that place is pretty harsh or pretty sweet depending on how good you are. If you win, you get not only Spt+Exp but you'll SURELY get an item as well, but if you lose...well you lose one of the equipment your shinki was currently using.

Ride Max
I honestly don't know what's this for...it's not for tension since I was able to utilize Arnval Mk.II's transformation attack thing and the enemies were able to shoot me with Fort Bragg's backpack cannon. So I was thinking it might affect the reaction time/speed of the shinki.

Character/Shinki Storyline stuff

And finally we have the Shinki's event stuff...they're quite fun.

So it goes that at certain levels, the shinkis will talk to you about stuff and you'll be prompted with choices, I haven't really experimented if it will affect the battles or not, but so far I don't feel any changes, it probably only affects the storyline of the shinki.

Lv. 1 - Go to the Game Center and fight, if you win, your shinki will be happy and talk talk talk.
Lv. 6 - Go to the Game Center and fight, win/lose I don't think it matters anymore...
I'm not quite sure but I think there's a level between 6 and 10 where there's an event. Anyways...
Lv. 11 - This is where stuff starts becoming significant.
Lv. 14 - More important stuff
Lv. 15 - Yeap...important....
Lv. 18 - I remember there being one and it's still important
Lv. 20 - This is the last...quite important.. quite obvious huh?

Oh yeah, Max Level/Love is 20 and "Rank" is 5.

Well...so far this is as much info I was able to procure in my head, I'll leave it up to you guys if ever you find out anything new or I made something wrong.

Hylian Pirate
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 31
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Arnval

Post by Hylian Pirate » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:54 pm

Thanks for that little preview/explanation! I'm still waiting for TokyoHunter to get around to emailing me, but I'll probably read over this again once my game shows up.

star
Class S Shinki

Post by star » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:01 pm

wait, you say we need to buy wepons? as in when you buy the shinki, she doesnt come with weapons?

Icchan
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 7
MMS owned: 7
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Fubuki

Post by Icchan » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:47 pm

currency in the game i SPT yes but you earn SPT by winning battles.

Zero_Blazer
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 8
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ach and Tempesta

Post by Zero_Blazer » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:39 pm

I'll elaborate Icchan's post a bit more.

The "Shady Shop" is a junk shop. You can buy junk items there. You can also sell max LOVE shinki there, in case you want to start that shinki over because you want to see her LOVE events again.

The LOVE events themselves differ between shinkis. The LOVE required for the next event isn't set or anything.

Shinkis don't come with weapons, and you have to buy them. Coordination doesn't exist in Battle Masters, so you don't have to worry about that.

Finally, after maxing a Shinki, you gain their "final rail" attack. These attacks only work for that shinki and specific armor parts for that shinki. As comparison, they're most like the "Tension" modes in Battle Rondo. Ach rides on her bike in her final rail, and Arnval rides on her rear part.

EDIT: Oh ya 1 more thing I forgot, the D-pad movement can be changed into analog for those who prefer that. This can be done at your room when pressing "Start" for the options. Also, The MAX gauge in battle increases your stats for a bit.

star
Class S Shinki

Post by star » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:48 pm

Zero_Blazer wrote:I'll elaborate Icchan's post a bit more.

The "Shady Shop" is a junk shop. You can buy junk items there. You can also sell max LOVE shinki there, in case you want to start that shinki over because you want to see her LOVE events again.

The LOVE events themselves differ between shinkis. The LOVE required for the next event isn't set or anything.

Shinkis don't come with weapons, and you have to buy them. Coordination doesn't exist in Battle Masters, so you don't have to worry about that.

Finally, after maxing a Shinki, you gain their "final rail" attack. These attacks only work for that shinki and specific armor parts for that shinki. As comparison, they're most like the "Tension" modes in Battle Rondo. Ach rides on her bike in her final rail, and Arnval rides on her rear part.

EDIT: Oh ya 1 more thing I forgot, the D-pad movement can be changed into analog for those who prefer that. This can be done at your room when pressing "Start" for the options. Also, The MAX gauge in battle increases your stats for a bit.
what is shinki love? like how the shinki loves a master, or just building up attck strength?

persocomsan
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 41
MMS owned: 13
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altines/Valona

Post by persocomsan » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:03 pm

Thanks for the explanations Icchan, I'm sure I'll be needing it when the game arrives.

Zero_Blazer
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 8
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ach and Tempesta

Post by Zero_Blazer » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:19 am

star wrote:
what is shinki love? like how the shinki loves a master, or just building up attck strength?
LOVE is essentially level, max LOVE being 20. As you level up your LOVE you will gain new events with that shinki. You will also gain more COST which will allow you to equip more/heavier things, and you will gain a higher Rank, which is used to equip stronger weapons.