Roleplay area
halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper
Shinkis owned: 32
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Space Shuttle Arnval

Ideas for RP Rules and plot

Post by halconfenix » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:12 pm

i decided to make this thread for the people who wants to help create a proper RP thread, obviously we're lacking some basic rules (besides the ones already stickied) so any ideas for proper and EASY rules are welcome here (if RP experts like panzie are reading this please help us improve this!)

these are my ideas for plot and rp rules:

1) background story related to a worldwide toy combat tournament... in the near future

2) you can RP as an owner and participate in this tournament

3) you can have a maximun of 3 toys in the tournament being at least one of them a shinki (this is BSW remember?)

4) any known type of toy (and even customs) can participate in the tournament, and to differenciate it from other, each toy can have his/ser own name and personality (crazy example: my vitulus is called bayo-vittles while your vitulus is called yuka hakurei)

5) plot twists or sidestories could be allowed (example: the whole tournament just being a trap or a cover for something darker and bigger)

6) i still havent come up with something solid about the battle system except that i could use Battle Rondo as reference/base...

9) overpowered toys are allowed, unbeatable godly toys are NOT allowed, meaning that there should be weakneses in all toys (du'h!)

10) artwork thread where you can post your sketches, CGs, pics and anything that represents you and your toys

11) just in case the plot evolves according to idea # 6 the owners could be allowed to fight too, i'm not sure if the battle system has to be different though

i just took these crazy ideas from my old project where i was creating a graphic story using powerpoint for drawing.... that was loooong time ago
Last edited by halconfenix on Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

alebravo6
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Can´t really say...

Re: Ideas for RP Rules and plot

Post by alebravo6 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:29 pm

(Noooo... My post expired...)

Ok, here we go (again) My ideas for the RP game, quick and fast because making it long hurts horribly when page suddenly expires, I hope people understands.

1.- System of battle: You could make your attacks by posting pictures of your toys (attacking, of course) It would be completely optional, of course, and just for the fun factor.

2.- Characters: First we have "the owners" which would be us, and then, our toys, or whatever way you want to call them to make it sound better, which accompany us, and have their own personalities and agendas that can perhaps not go in the same way as ours.

3.-Plot: In my opinion "toy tournament" sounds a little restricted. Now, I dont say it shouldnt be a part of the game, just not all. Perhaps we dont need more plot than "Toys that have artificial inteligence and go anywhere we do, interact with other toys, unite forces with their owners, and other owners and their toys at the occasional event, and can fight 1 on 1 with each other in tournaents"

4.- Events and Stories.- There could be not only toys. I know there are some transformers fans out there, and the origins of this place are located on TFW so, I dont know. Maybe there are cybertronians around us? Could you team up with one of them, perhaps? Do shinkis have cybertronian and human technology on them? How would these two races, and more than two intelligences interact with each other? That leaves some things to wonder.

5.- Gameplay.- There would be different locations, represented by different topics on this thread. Each one would have its own "dungeon master" or whatever way they call them, that regulates the game, and tells the story. The "power to be dungeon master" would be changed from time to time between players, considering the nature of a forum, encouraging creativity between the players, and variating the tone of the game. By having different locations, each one with a different "dungeon master", players can lurk a little between topics, and "log in" in any story of their liking.

Like I said on the Cbox, its nothing original, probably lots of other people before have proposed the same, and probably there are similar RP´s in other forums, but this is my humble opinion, I hope it helps a little. Thanks for reading!

Sonja
Class S Shinki

Post by Sonja » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:22 pm

Interesting stuff. Also, with toys such as Revoltech and Figma, perhaps we should classify them the same way as Shinkis? So my Aegis would be an 'Aegis-Type' with her own name and personality, making it possible for other ones to exist easily.

I'm almost tempted to think about my dolls as well, but they are fairly gargantuan. Perhaps they can act as the 'owners' of my Shinki.

halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper

Post by halconfenix » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:35 pm

Sonja wrote:Interesting stuff. Also, with toys such as Revoltech and Figma, perhaps we should classify them the same way as Shinkis? So my Aegis would be an 'Aegis-Type' with her own name and personality, making it possible for other ones to exist easily.

I'm almost tempted to think about my dolls as well, but they are fairly gargantuan. Perhaps they can act as the 'owners' of my Shinki.
then what about TFs and Gundams...? or any other type of toy that's suitable for combat? so far the only de-facto rule is that it's obligatory that you have at least one shinki, and use the other available "slots" for any other combat capable toy, let's treat the other toys as what they are and not force them to be something they are are not meant to be.

and the only character that deserve the status of "owner" is the character that represents yourself, not a doll...

(sorry if i sound a bit blunt, i still have a long way to talk properly with the right "etiquette")

alebravo6
Class B Shinki

Post by alebravo6 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:07 pm

Why do we have to block it to only "toy" and "owner"?
What about if we considered some of them as something "bigger", the "real thing", even?

halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper

Post by halconfenix » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:02 am

alebravo6 wrote:Why do we have to block it to only "toy" and "owner"?
What about if we considered some of them as something "bigger", the "real thing", even?
i dont mind if most people want it that way but to be honest the idea is to keep the RP consistent and easy to play for everybody, that's the reason behind the "limit"...

and let's face it... ANY shinki would be at ridiculous disadvantage against a real TF or Gundam or any other giant robot, remember: Shinkis are 15cm tall robots... they are not reduced in size or anything compared to others

alebravo6
Class B Shinki

Post by alebravo6 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:07 pm

In that you are right, but then, wouldn´t that be the same disadvantage a "normal" human would have against a fantasy dragon in other RP´s?

To think of them as playable characters, it is obvious that they would give the sensation of "way too above" of everything else, but, wouldn´t that sensation of "way too above" is somehow of staple in other characters, like, enemies?

alebravo6
Class B Shinki

Post by alebravo6 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:12 pm

Note: Not saying, put a shinki versus a gigantic mecha and expect her to win, I´m saying, put a reasonable number of owners and their toys of mass destruction versus a gigantic mecha and expect things to blow up everywhere.

blade_anime
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: All of mine

Post by blade_anime » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:23 pm

This sounds like it could be interesting. Too bad it looks like it died. Alas, only three slots! Although there aren't many toys of them ((And I've never seen one.)) I would have loved to have used at least one Gotcha Borg. But my Crossbone Gundam is a must. Aw well!