Not saving!

Help & Tips for Diorama Studio and creations made with it.
yueXsukikage
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 7
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Zielbellen, Oorbelle

Not saving!

Post by yueXsukikage » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:31 pm

I know i'm a newb and i know i'm probably annoying the crap out of you guys but i have another question. XP

Every time i create a pose on DS, it won't show up when i try to select it in the background area. I save it and everything but it doesn't save. I've even clicked "save as" and then when i click just "save", it asks me to name it again like its not even there. anyone else have a similar problem or know how to fix it?
Follow the light of the heart. Ikimasu!

Canthros
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Re: Not saving!

Post by Canthros » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:00 pm

If you're saving the pose correctly, it may not be in the list you're looking at.

When posing figures outside of a diorama, custom poses are stored in a separate list from the stock poses.
So, the first item in this menu is the stock poses that are available by default.

The second lets you select poses you have created and saved. These are maintained per body: a pose made for Fubuki can't be automatically reused for Strarf. In fact, a pose using Strarf cannot be automatically used for either of the white Strarf repaints, as they're different bodies. (However, if you happen to have multiples of, e. g., normal, black Strarf, each of the Strarf bodies will show up in the list of shinkis, but will share all poses.)

The third is used to delete poses you have built for the figure you've selected.

There is one other gotcha here, which is that modifying a pose and saving it under a new name renames the existing pose and saves it with whatever changes you've made. You can't change the stock poses this way, but you also can't use a custom pose to build other poses the way you can the stock ones.

yueXsukikage
Class B Shinki

Post by yueXsukikage » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:47 pm

hmmm. i've done everything i can and everytime i save it doesn't even go through. I'll click save again and it opens the window to name it again and it just does that everytime. it won't even register that i've saved anything.

Canthros
Class A Shinki

Post by Canthros » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:26 am

:?

I guess you've lost me. Can you explain what you're doing, step-by-step, what is happening, what you expect to happen, etc. so I can understand why you think it's not saving?

For instance:
1. Launch Shinki.Net launcher, select Diorama STudio, log in.
2. Select first option, the model editor.
3. Selected Valona.
4. Select first option, the stock poses, chose a pose from list.
5. Stuck equipment on figure.
6. Clicked "SAVE" button, typed 'TestPose' in empty text box at bottom of dialog.
7. Clicked "SAVE" button.
8. Clicked quit.
9. Repeat steps 1 & 2.
10. Select second option, which are poses I have created.
11. Saw 'TestPose' in list.

If you're getting error messages or anything, a screenshot of the message could be helpful.

Something like that might clear up whether you're doing something different or or missing a step or something, but it's very difficult to troubleshoot things remotely like this without very detailed information.

yueXsukikage
Class B Shinki

Post by yueXsukikage » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:14 am

Ok thats fine. This is what i've done.

1. Open Shinki.Net Launcher.
2. Click first option, Diorama Studio.
3. Click start, login.
4. Click first option, Model editior.
5. Select Eukrante, press "ok".
6. Select first option, Poses.
7. Select first option, basic pose. Press "ok"
8. Select only option to edit the pose by points.
9. Rotate arm at elbow.
10. Select only option to attach equipment.
11. Press "Save as"
12. Name "tester"
13. press save.
14. Click save instead of save as (thats when it gets weird. Instead of just saving any modifications under the same name, it opens the "save as" window for me to name it again. Its like i never saved it the first time.)
15. Name it again. press save. (Now the first time it happened. I did this a few times because i didn't know what was going on but i'll move on like i would now.)
16. Click "quit". Press "ok"
17. Select second option, background selector
18. Select first option. (default backgrounds?)
19. Select first option, wood stand. press ok.
20. Select first option. (character select?)
21. Select first option. (i have no idea what it says.)
22. Select Eukrante.
23. press "ok"
24. Scroll through list of selectable poses. When i do this, the pose i had just created and saved is not there. Like it never existed.

I hope thats helpful. Sorry if i was confusing. I still can't figure out whats going on with it so your help is greatly appreciated.

Canthros
Class A Shinki

Post by Canthros » Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:13 am

yueXsukikage wrote:I hope thats helpful. Sorry if i was confusing. I still can't figure out whats going on with it so your help is greatly appreciated.
Well, it helps inasmuch as it lets me try the same thing over here and see whether or not I get the same results. I don't, however: it seems to have worked fine for me. Couple more questions:
1. How much space is available on your drive, specifically, the drive that contains the Diorama Studio installation?
2. Is your user account able to create files under C:\Program Files\Konami\BusouShinki\dstudio\data or the same directory wherever the Diorama Studio software is installed?

I'm not sure how DS handles being unable to write the pose file out to disk. If it handles this silently (i.e. without explicitly warning the user that something has gone awry), one or the other of the above could be your problem.

Finally,
3. If you're using Windows XP, are you running the Shinki.net launcher through AppLocale? I don't think this would change anything, but it's one thing I'm doing that you might not.

yueXsukikage
Class B Shinki

Post by yueXsukikage » Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:58 am

1. About 30 gigs.
2. Hmmm. That could very well be part of the problem. My stepdad has a lot of restrictions set on the computer. I can check that out.
3. and no i'm not. I've never heard of that program before. XD

I think theres a good chance that number two could be the problem so thanks a bunch. If that fails i'll let you know and maybe someone will have had same problem as me and fixed it. Thank you again for your help. sorry if i was bother. XD

Canthros
Class A Shinki

Post by Canthros » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:51 pm

No worries.

yueXsukikage
Class B Shinki

Post by yueXsukikage » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:42 pm

Ok ive tried and tried and now i cant get DS to work on either of my computers. I'm going to ask this straight up. Can I not have the poses i make on my account saved on two different computers.

NamelessChibi
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 68
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Murmeltier

Post by NamelessChibi » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:06 pm

yueXsukikage wrote:Ok ive tried and tried and now i cant get DS to work on either of my computers. I'm going to ask this straight up. Can I not have the poses i make on my account saved on two different computers.
Yeah, you can't. The Poses are saved on the same computer you made them on. It's the same concept as if you've downloaded a picture on one computer, then go on another to look at the same picture in the same drive. On another computer it won't be there. Diorama Studio saves that information directly onto your computer and not a server stored network.

Also recently there was a patch for DS/BR so you'll need to switch your clock to Japan time to get the patch or it won't patch properly.