Talk about whatever you want!
Storm Wing
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka

Your Local Ghost/Mystical creatures/stories

Post by Storm Wing » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:50 am

As the title says... Let's share some stories about your local supernatural phenomenon. These are the most common horror phenomenon in Jakarta, Indonesia:

-Pocong: It's shape like a body pillow, with it's face (usually a skeleton) shown but it's body is tightly wrapped up. Usually it hops because it can't walk. Some people says, if you can pull the rope on it's head, you'll get great luck. Most common ghost in Indonesia, Pocong often shows up in cemeteries.

-Kuntilanak: Depicted as a white skinned woman, with a long sleeved white shirt/blouse & white long skirt. Her eyes usually deep red, with dark "eye shadow" (just like insomnia disorder). It's said that she'll kidnap little children in 6 PM (Kuntilanak's origin is a dead mother while giving birth to her child.)

-Tuyul: If Kuntilanak is a dead mother while giving birth, then Tuyul's origin is aborted fetuses/babies. It's shape is like small kid or dwarf, & it stoles money for their master (people who's have Tuyuls as their "pets"). Usually seen in a business places or rich people's house (for stealing the money)

-Sundal Bolong: Her name means "Hollow Wh0re" or "Pierced Wh0re", because her looks from the front view is like a normal woman, but her back is hollow (you can even see the vertebrae & maggots are eating it). Quite disgusting indeed, but her origin is a murdered prostitute (that's kinda sad story, eh?)

-Jenglot: Their appearance is like a mini monster. Like a mini human doll with long hair, long nails, & long fang, to be precise. Their origin are people who tries to gain mystical power, but got devoured by the power itself. Maybe they look like a doll, but they're alive. Their food is small amount of blood.

-Headless priest: Only in Jeruk Purut cemetery. He's origin are a Holland priest, who accidentally got his head cut off by a horizontal sharp steel while riding a horse cart in high speed. His head was thrown to the river, since then he haunts Jeruk Purut cemetery whilst trying to find his head.

-Suster Ngesot: The nurse who dragged her feet. Her origin are a nurse who was raeped, & the criminals smash her legs with a hammer so she can't run (of course, the nurse commit a suicide because of this severe harassment, shame & frustration). Only seen in some old hospitals buildings.

-Genderuwo: Their appearance looked like a big foot. But unlike Big Foot which is probably a missing link, Genderuwo can disappear at will. Most common mystical creature in Java island. Rumor says that Genderuwo can impregnate fertile women, some "hairy" men even claim dat they're Genderuwo's kids).

-Leak (Leh-Akh): a ghost from Bali island. It's shape is like a floating head, with intestines, lungs, kidney connected to it's neck, but no body. It floats around, seeking for blood. So some people knows it as a vampiric head ghost. Some people says it's a living human, but with magic power.

Any other mystical/scary/horror stories?? :idea:
Cut! Cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut CUT!!
Spin the vermin, reverse the guilt. Reverse the birth, reverse the world. Spin spin spinspinspinSPIN~~~!

Caterwaul
News Reporter
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Re: Your Local Ghost/Mystical creatures/stories

Post by Caterwaul » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:16 pm

I'm from the US, most of our creatures are thus cribbed from Europe, and even then they're kinda meh. Mostly the typical 'see through transparent ghost' deal.

Only real exception is The Jersey Devil.

Canthros
Class A Shinki
MMS owned: 1

Post by Canthros » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:01 pm

Here's one from this neck of the woods. Heard about it when I was in high school.

star
Class S Shinki
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

Post by star » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:08 pm

i remember one called haunted indiana......i forgot the actual story though.......

Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Shinkis owned: 33
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Post by Xehn » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:41 pm

Caterwaul wrote:I'm from the US, most of our creatures are thus cribbed from Europe, and even then they're kinda meh. Mostly the typical 'see through transparent ghost' deal.

Only real exception is The Jersey Devil.
You're not even trying. :p

Sasquatch comes to mind. Also the Piasa.

Caterwaul
News Reporter

Post by Caterwaul » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:11 am

Was mostly talking about my neck of the woods, Xehn. Those two arent from my area. :) If I was talking about the entirely of North America, I'd bring up Champy, the Chupacabra, and assorted other beasties.

Xehn
Kamen Adminder

Post by Xehn » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:55 am

Well, if we're talking ANY sort of beastie... Fouke Monster, Honey Island Swamp Monster, Bishopville Lizardman, Skunk Apes, Shunka Warakin, Dover Demon, Mothman, Beast of Bray Road...

I was limiting it to things that were more or less mythological.

star
Class S Shinki
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

Post by star » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:49 pm

DONT FORGET VAMPIRES!!! ive just started the book "Dracula" and vampires come to mind *plus with all the twilight stuff, vampires almost run american myths in like 4th on a list of one to ten!* and werewolfs......like that french beast...the beast of somplace.....it killed thousands of people over a 200 year span!!!!

Xehn
Kamen Adminder

Post by Xehn » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:33 am

I believe the beast you're referring to is called the Beast of Gévaudan

Ninth
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 8
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Zelnogrard

Post by Ninth » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:45 am

I went to college at the University of Florida, and near campus, there's a park with a sinkhole called "The Devil's Millhopper." European settlers, on first seeing the sinkhole, came up with some idea that the Devil would throw the souls of the damned into that sinkhole, and they'd fall to Hell. Which is a weird thing to think, since the Millhopper is layered in all sorts of flora and is actually very beautiful.

Right now, I live a few miles north of Miami. Some children there have a story about The Blue Lady, and an odd version of the story of La Llorona.
Battle Rondo username: ninerplease

Class A Shinki:
Panzer Melt
Class B Shinki:
Gunbunny HETARIA
Class C Shinki:
Cannon Utsuho
Angel Commando Gabrielle
Fighter Ijimeko
Not in Service:
Ninja Zubera
Firearms Kanna