Moderator: Caterwaul

Caterwaul
News Reporter
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Warning: MMS3rd Incompatibility List

Post by Caterwaul » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:07 am

It's come up a couple times, so I'm making this a sticky.

Konami has officially put up a warning that several of the MMS1st Generation Shinkis are not completely compatible with the MMS3rd body. The link is HERE. My "quick" and dirty translation as follows. It's not likely to be 100% accurate, but you can get the gist of it. (If anyone who can read Japanese better wants to correct the translation, send me a PM and I'll insert it here with proper credit)

"The MMS3rd body was created with the goal of making a better figure in terms of proportions, ease of use, and playability. Unfortunately, certain problems with recombining parts has occured in the process.

The construction of the neck joint was changed in order to achieve a wider range of mobility. Getting parts on over/around the upper parts may be difficult because of this. Please use caution as using to much force in the process may damage the neck joint. Removal of the ball joint and replacing with the MMS3rd body balljoint may result in it being used as normal. We feel that trying to solve this issue may have caused more delays than our customers would be comfortable with.

Because of these issues, the following four items are not compatible with the MMS3rd Body. We thank our customers for being understanding.

Waffebunny EX set
Zyrdarya
Waffedolphin EX Set
Zelnograd EX Set Plus Body"

Lockdown72
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 6
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Tigris

Re: Warning: MMS3rd Incompatibility List

Post by Lockdown72 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:43 pm

So... the Schmettering and Tsugaru EX kits work with MMS3? It's great for Schmettering, but if it's the only way I'm gonna be able to get a body for a Tsugaru short of paying exorbitant prices for the cooler blue version or any MMS 1st bodies, I guess it'll work too.

Caterwaul
News Reporter

Post by Caterwaul » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:01 am

From what I can make out, it should yes. Just dont force the issue as the neck joint on the 3rd bodies can apparently break...it's no longer a pop off/snap back in ball joint like it used to be.

Dakarriel
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 6
MMS owned: 13
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Post by Dakarriel » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:44 am

yeesh.. that scares me. One thing I love about shinkis is how robust the design is... I'm not a ham-handed child with my toys, but i still do play with them.

Caterwaul
News Reporter

Post by Caterwaul » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:42 am

Expanded issue list put up. Closing this one, opening new one.