Moderator: Caterwaul

Hylian Pirate
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 31
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Arnval

Re: Light Armor Wave 4 Type Chopsticks and Type Spoon

Post by Hylian Pirate » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:01 am

I love having that PayPal setup with HLJ. I don't get payment requests; I get "payment received" e-mails! Also, those are great reviews. I especially love Mereinda (Melinda?) in the teacup and Kohiru in the rice bowl. But I have a question... Pardon me for being an uncultured, ignorant American, but what is that small, tuning fork-like dagger that Kohiru has? Is that supposed to be a reference to a utensil, or is that just for the sake of her being able to pull out a dagger from her back like a lady ninja?

Hylian Pirate
Class S Shinki

Post by Hylian Pirate » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:43 pm

Anyone who keeps half an eye on the Shinki Owned Tally thread knows that these girls are starting to show up. Mine came in today and all I can say is "Wow." I firmly believe that these two are Light Armor done right. Everything has a place, even when they're unarmed. (I'm looking at you, giant freaking syringe of doom. What do I even do with you when I want Bright Feather armed with something else?)

Also, this is MMS 3rd? This is want I've been missing out on? This is great! I don't dig the lack of backwards compatibility, but I don't do too much mix 'n' match with my Shinkis' armor anyway. I also don't care too much for the "small" aspect, but these girls are both adorable and badass enough to for me to let that slide... This also makes me look forward to the MMS 3rd Tall releases even more!

And you know what else is great? These little plastic storage crates that shipped with them. Is Konami gonna sell these anywhere? Because I'd buy 10. At least. With little to no finagling, those boxes hold everything the (armored) maids aren't currently using, including Kohiru's long hair, and their standard issue backpacks. I would love to use these for the likes of Bright Feather, who doesn't technically have any storage space save her box, and a few girls whose stands' storage areas don't quite fit everything...

Overall, these are great girls, and I can definitely recommend them to anyone on the fence about them.

But I still don't know what Kohiru's tuning fork is for...

Anyone else really impressed with these?

Benio
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 61
MMS owned: 0

Post by Benio » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:46 pm

Hylian Pirate wrote:*shinki praise*
Yeah I'm getting antsy waiting for my snack grrls to show up. I shipped them SAL so it will probably be another week or two before themailman drops them on my doorstep. The mini box does seem to be a much needed storage item but I also keep their packaging because I like it.
Hylian Pirate wrote:But I still don't know what Kohiru's tuning fork is for...
Maybe is is supposed to be a toothpick?

Caterwaul
News Reporter
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by Caterwaul » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:33 am

I'd guess it's a variation on a jitte or sai. So, swordcatcher of some sort.

EDIT: Stopped being lazy and looked it up. It's name is listed as "首抜楊枝 未開紅." Cant make much of the complete name, but 楊枝 is the kanji for 'toothpick' :D

Hylian Pirate
Class S Shinki

Post by Hylian Pirate » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:30 pm

Caterwaul wrote:Stopped being lazy and looked it up. It's name is listed as "首抜楊枝 未開紅." Cant make much of the complete name, but 楊枝 is the kanji for 'toothpick' :D
This may seem like a small thing, and it is, but THANK YOU! My life feels more complete now that i know this. Honestly, I think it would've just made me sad had I found out that it wasn't food or utensil-related by this point.

star
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

Post by star » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:36 pm

Warnig!!!! merienda's skirt is very fragile.......mine just arrived and I was lookin at it and it has very very tiny pegs......i was afraid to put it on her.....when i did....i noticed you must concentrate very much to take it off and put it on.....ive so far kept her under a light and use tweazers to take it off so be carefull cause its realy hard to do

Hylian Pirate
Class S Shinki

Post by Hylian Pirate » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:10 pm

Yeah, one side particularly sticks for me, too. The right-front peg just doesn't like to come out. Thankfully, that's OK, because the other three pegs on mine are tight enough to stay on, but loose enough to come off when I pull, so taking her armor off is still no problem.

Benio
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 61

Post by Benio » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:33 pm

star wrote:Warnig!!!! merienda's skirt is very fragile.......mine just arrived and I was lookin at it and it has very very tiny pegs......i was afraid to put it on her.....when i did....i noticed you must concentrate very much to take it off and put it on.....ive so far kept her under a light and use tweazers to take it off so be carefull cause its realy hard to do
Thanks for the heads up. I just got her and her wave mate in the mail today.

OHWceta
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 9
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Masurao

Post by OHWceta » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:55 pm

Drango wrote: I really likeing Kohiru though, and I think she's the better looking of the two, but that could be because I like girls with dark, long hair. :strarf:
And I like Girls with short red hair and green eyes.
Really, Merienda is seemingly everything I want in a girl! >_< I'd marry her if she was human. :P (Sorry Arnaval but blue hair is OUT) I even drew a picture of my idea of a perfect girl and I ended up drawing her wearing Blue, this was before I saw Marienda on HLJ.

Marienda was my first Shinki figure, my only disappointment is that she can't wear the Waffe Dolphin armor (If she could Scuba Dive then she really would be 100% perfect!)
Like to RP? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome. If we don't have something you like feel free to add it.

http://roleplayparadiseii.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Tomosexual
MMS Naked
MMS owned: 11
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Mary,Howling,Strarf

Post by Tomosexual » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:17 am

i prefer spoons, but that could just be me and my cultural background lol
i will definatley be getting that little cutie, chopsticks on the other hand, i dont like her feet, they are too bare and you can see the joints the display pictures, i like them with big shoes looks cuter i think :schmetterling: but i will still buy her maybe at a later date though
i will be ordering spoons as well as proxima and mary on thursday! can not wait! 6 shinkis to come through! i do spoil myself sometimes :lol: but i have been out of the shinki world for some time now...bring it on haha :tsugaru: