And So It Begins (Kotobukiya Busou Shinki)

Upcoming releases, past releases, news related to Busou Shinki & MMS

Moderator: Caterwaul

Poor collector
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0

Re: And So It Begins (Kotobukiya Busou Shinki)

Post by Poor collector » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:55 am

halconfenix wrote:can someone explain me THIS: https://www.amazon.com/Kotobukiya-Busou ... formers-20
Yeah, I have seen it today through figsoku, very disappointed...we have waited all this time for a lousy model kit that cost 65$ with the only improvement being three-part torso?! What a joke! I will not support this outrageous priced line, instead I will collect Megami Device...it's almost like Kotobukiya want to kill Busou Shinki intentionally and blame the fans for it. If it was an action figure with double jointed knees and elbows as well, I wouldn't mind so much paying 65$.
http://metzotza.blogspot.co.il - Toy reviews in Hebrew, one may use google translate.

Klinkin
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Post by Klinkin » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:21 am

I think it's Konami that's trying to kill the line, if anyone. I'm fairly certain that listing's been up ever since Koto jumped the gun and announced a September 28th release date last. year.

As far as price, though, I maintain that it's entirely fair...well, once you factor in Amazon's import price hikes (generally more than made up for by free shipping). It's definitely not Kotobukiya trying to price people out of anything; that's the same price point as Hræsvelgr, who by all accounts is an entirely successful kit (her Atel recolor is already out, and she's getting a second recolor near the end of the year). Arnval and Strarf have approximately comparable amounts of accessories, so that price point is entirely logical.

With all of that said, two weeks until summer WonFes. Be prepared for new mecha musume, in one form or another, from Koto and Bandai; just don't have too high expectations that Busou Shinki will be part of that.

Poor collector
MMS Naked

Post by Poor collector » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:29 am

Klinkin wrote:I think it's Konami that's trying to kill the line, if anyone. I'm fairly certain that listing's been up ever since Koto jumped the gun and announced a September 28th release date last. year.

As far as price, though, I maintain that it's entirely fair...well, once you factor in Amazon's import price hikes (generally more than made up for by free shipping). It's definitely not Kotobukiya trying to price people out of anything; that's the same price point as Hræsvelgr, who by all accounts is an entirely successful kit (her Atel recolor is already out, and she's getting a second recolor near the end of the year). Arnval and Strarf have approximately comparable amounts of accessories, so that price point is entirely logical.

With all of that said, two weeks until summer WonFes. Be prepared for new mecha musume, in one form or another, from Koto and Bandai; just don't have too high expectations that Busou Shinki will be part of that.
While you're right about the price being higher through amazon and the actual price should look more like this; http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10414783, considering the fact that she is less articulated, hence less parts she should cost a bit lower. I'm still very dissappointed, I wanted Busou Shinki to be an action figure line like it was. I don't see the point of buying released characters in the inferior form of model kits...if they make the cancled Estoril, I will buy her and pretty much that's it.

The thing that is even more annoying, that both *Bandai and Kotobukiya will continue to make only model kit mecha musume! I want good action figures with decent prices!

*They do have that lousy Armor Girls Project, but the quality and articulation is awful and the prices are way too high.
http://metzotza.blogspot.co.il - Toy reviews in Hebrew, one may use google translate.

quotemarks
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 8
MMS owned: 8
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Lirbiete

Post by quotemarks » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:27 am

Looks like Factory Advance (ha) is using Megami Device MMS4 technology to recreate the Black History of Shinki in this modern world of FA Girls and MD girls.
GNU Terry Pratchett

Klinkin
Class S Shinki

Post by Klinkin » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:10 pm

Poor collector wrote:considering the fact that she is less articulated, hence less parts she should cost a bit lower.
Overall, the Kotobukiya Shinki are likely to have a few more points of articulation than the original Shinki. I'm not sure where this "less articulated" thing keeps coming from; Koto's mecha musume have tended to have good articulation thus far.

That said, I can guarantee a lot of the price for Arnval is in her gear. Big wings and guns don't come cheap.

Poor collector
MMS Naked

Post by Poor collector » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:31 pm

Klinkin wrote:
Poor collector wrote:considering the fact that she is less articulated, hence less parts she should cost a bit lower.
Overall, the Kotobukiya Shinki are likely to have a few more points of articulation than the original Shinki. I'm not sure where this "less articulated" thing keeps coming from; Koto's mecha musume have tended to have good articulation thus far.

That said, I can guarantee a lot of the price for Arnval is in her gear. Big wings and guns don't come cheap.
I meant less articulated then Megami Device which basically have the same body besides those lame single jointed knees similar to the original Shinkis..'cause you know, it's really important for Kotobukiya to stick to the original Busou Shinki desgin, besides making them like an ACTION FIGURES which they were! Seriously, I'm still very disappointed that we waited like 2 years for this mediocre product, I would have rathered wait more years and get an action figure line. Now they just going to sell the same old designs just as hollow fragile model kits...at this point I think more of Megami Device as the real revival of Busou Shinki; they have imporved articulation and new designs in the spirit of Busou Shinki.

halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper
Shinkis owned: 32
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Space Shuttle Arnval

Post by halconfenix » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:50 pm

Poor collector wrote:...at this point I think more of Megami Device as the real revival of Busou Shinki; they have improved articulation and new designs in the spirit of Busou Shinki.
i agree on that one... except the Megami Device line are also Model kits... so like the old saying... "Dont judge a book by its cover"

so there's no point in wasting time ranting about how good or bad a koto-shinki is until we get an actual koto-shinki in our hands. ;)

EDIT:

Source: 【ワンフェス2017夏】「コトブキヤ(FAガール・メガミデバイスほか)」美少女プラモ情報まとめ

Poor collector
MMS Naked

Post by Poor collector » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:29 pm

halconfenix wrote:
Poor collector wrote:...at this point I think more of Megami Device as the real revival of Busou Shinki; they have improved articulation and new designs in the spirit of Busou Shinki.
i agree on that one... except the Megami Device line are also Model kits... so like the old saying... "Dont judge a book by its cover"
I don't think you quite understand the point; on the contrary, those model kits ONLY LOOK good but they are nowhere a match in terms of durability and solidness to ACTION FIGURE! If your going to turn Busou Shinki into inferior hollow suckish model kits, at least make new desgins instead of insulting the original toyline.

Besides that, I think it was really a stupid move by Kotobukiya; instead of just easily compete with the lousy AGP and enjoy being at the top with two lines of model kit and one action figure line, the fools cause themselvs to self-cannibalism plus the ompetition with the new HG line by Bandai! Why would anyone buy the new Busou Shinki line when there is Megami Device?! Why getting more expensive, less articulated and reused designs in inferior manner (as I explained above)?! Either Kotobukiya are idiots or they want to kill BS and blame the fans...

P.S. Not a long ago me and my elder brother build our first model kit, HG Farsia. It was really fun to build, but I won't lie and say model kits are good as action, they are just not and can never be. Action figures are better.

halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper
Shinkis owned: 32
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Space Shuttle Arnval

Post by halconfenix » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:08 pm

ok... i get it... and yet its ironic that even if model kits are pretty much display pieces and action figures are made to be played with... the most impressive collectable figures of this last 2 decades are action figures yet all you can do with them is put then on display...

so i'm not going to argue anymore about "what's better than what"... in the end all depends on how a collector handles his/her figures regardless of how those were made in the first place (knowing that first hand thanks to photocomic making).

so before this thread gets derailed due to "unnecessary heat", only questions remaining are:

1) is koto really capable of re-launching the shinki line?

2) if yes... when?

Klinkin
Class S Shinki

Post by Klinkin » Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:57 am

I really don't see why people are saying Koto's trying to kill the Busou Shinki line. Have you seen how the FA Girls line is doing? If anything, Koto making Busou Shinki like the FA Girls line is them trying to duplicate the success of one of their better model kit lines using a pre-existing IP that was said line's spiritual precursor. Everyone has their own opinions on model kits versus action figures, but you can't deny that Koto's model lines sell. Quite well. Also, for the record, Bandai's HG MS Girls are probably in response to Koto's various mecha musume kits, not the other way around.

As for Halcon's questions:
1. Of course. Between FA Girls, Megami Devices, and various other kit lines, Koto's demonstrated that mecha musume is something they can do quite well. Given their normal schedules, I'd expect that Arnval is basically ready to go, with the usual half-a-year timeframe between official listing and release. With that said...
2. ...Kotobukiya does not own the Busou Shinki IP. Konami does. Koto's licensed IPs before, but Konami has a level of head-up-anus that appears to be getting in the way. It's in Konami's hands now.