And So It Begins (Kotobukiya Busou Shinki)

Upcoming releases, past releases, news related to Busou Shinki & MMS

Moderator: Caterwaul

Re: And So It Begins (Kotobukiya Busou Shinki)

Postby Klinkin » Wed May 18, 2016 6:45 pm

Poor collector wrote:My greatest concern about the new busou shinki besides the derpy prototypes (I've seen a lot of japanese action figure prototypes and they all look way better and were very close to the final product) is that they will be incredibly fragile, even more then my big time let down figma (Saber Alter which her arm joint suddenly snapped after a month, apparently her joints slipped out;_;). Is there anyone here who owns a Frame Arms Girl model kit? I would like to know about the assembling and the stability since they will share the same base body with busou shinki to my understanding...

They don't share the same base body; Busou Shinki will have a kit form of the Machineca F body designed by APSY and slated for use in the Megami Device line. Compared to the FA Girl's bodies, Shinki should have better articulation, especially in the hip (ab crunch) and shoulders. That said, I expect the bodies to be similar in build quality. So far, my experience with Koto robot girl kits is that they're relatively durable, so long as you don't manhandle them. They're generally pretty lightweight, which gives them some drop safety and means they can hold poses safer, but they also might need reinforcement if you plan to have them holding or wearing something heavy without a stand for it (there's a good reason Shinki have their stand connector on their backpacks).
Image
User avatar
Klinkin
Class S Shinki
 
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:46 pm
Shinkis owned: 2
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Re: And So It Begins (Kotobukiya Busou Shinki)

Postby Poor collector » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:42 pm

Thanks for the information, sorry for the very late reply. I also have checked Frame Arms Girl reviews on youtube, and it confirmed my assumption that they're bunch of hollow fragile unpainted chunk of plastic, even someone who actually loves this line and own at least 3 model kits have said they're fragile. I have considered to buy one of the more simple upcoming frame arms girls, but I am not willing to waste my money and take a risk, hoping it will turned to be a solid action figure. If frame arms girls are this fragile and busou shinki is going to add even more joints, I don't want to imagine how fragile they will be. I still feel bummed that Busou Shinki returned in this form, I will have to see reviews before I decide if I am going to buy one of the new ones. I can't help it, but wish Bandai America got their license and made highly articulated stable playline quality Busou Shinki like they did with Thundercats, I mean they're quite a few of adult collector toys who are sold as playline or in regular toy shops like marvel legends and neca, though it's kinda problematic in this case. On the bright side, I think Bandai have finally stepped their game up and took seriously the Armor Girls project, maybe there will be tight competition between them and the upcoming Busou Shinki....
http://metzotza.blogspot.co.il - Toy reviews in Hebrew, one may use google translate.
User avatar
Poor collector
MMS Naked
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:49 pm
Location: Israel
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0

Re: And So It Begins (Kotobukiya Busou Shinki)

Postby Stanisburgh » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:42 pm

Poor collector wrote:Thanks for the information, sorry for the very late reply. I also have checked Frame Arms Girl reviews on youtube, and it confirmed my assumption that they're bunch of hollow fragile unpainted chunk of plastic, even someone who actually loves this line and own at least 3 model kits have said they're fragile. I have considered to buy one of the more simple upcoming frame arms girls, but I am not willing to waste my money and take a risk, hoping it will turned to be a solid action figure. If frame arms girls are this fragile and busou shinki is going to add even more joints, I don't want to imagine how fragile they will be. I still feel bummed that Busou Shinki returned in this form, I will have to see reviews before I decide if I am going to buy one of the new ones. I can't help it, but wish Bandai America got their license and made highly articulated stable playline quality Busou Shinki like they did with Thundercats, I mean they're quite a few of adult collector toys who are sold as playline or in regular toy shops like marvel legends and neca, though it's kinda problematic in this case. On the bright side, I think Bandai have finally stepped their game up and took seriously the Armor Girls project, maybe there will be tight competition between them and the upcoming Busou Shinki....


Frame Arms Girls aren't fragile, your friend is just hamhanded. Also, given you don't want to put in any effort whatsoever, model kits in general just wouldn't be for you.

Enjoy sucking your thumbs while everyone else enjoys the recent boom of mechamusu love that's occurring lately.
Stanisburgh
Class A Shinki
 
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:24 pm
Shinkis owned: 49
MMS owned: 0

Re: And So It Begins (Kotobukiya Busou Shinki)

Postby Klinkin » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:00 pm

While I'm not going to take Stanis's tone, I'm going to echo his thoughts here; I have an Architect-chan and she's plenty stable, and she came with pre-painted pieces and decals. I haven't had any parts on her break yet; only issue so far is a minor thing where one of her PVC hands is a little stretched (my fault for giving her a MG's spare gun for a few weeks). That said, if you want a solid base figure, I expect the Megami Device line to work fine, so you can buy one of those and use it as a Shinki body; they'll be fully compatible.
Image
User avatar
Klinkin
Class S Shinki
 
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:46 pm
Shinkis owned: 2
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Re: And So It Begins (Kotobukiya Busou Shinki)

Postby Stanisburgh » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:54 pm

Klinkin wrote:While I'm not going to take Stanis's tone, I'm going to echo his thoughts here; I have an Architect-chan and she's plenty stable, and she came with pre-painted pieces and decals. I haven't had any parts on her break yet; only issue so far is a minor thing where one of her PVC hands is a little stretched (my fault for giving her a MG's spare gun for a few weeks). That said, if you want a solid base figure, I expect the Megami Device line to work fine, so you can buy one of those and use it as a Shinki body; they'll be fully compatible.


No guarantees yet as to what Megami Device will be. Kotobukiya hasn't decided yet as to whether or not they'll be figures, model kits, or garage kits.
Stanisburgh
Class A Shinki
 
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:24 pm
Shinkis owned: 49
MMS owned: 0

Re: And So It Begins (Kotobukiya Busou Shinki)

Postby Aurea Arleigh » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:54 pm

I can say for myself Materia wrist joints are garbage, absolute brittle trash. Carefully cleaning and smoothing the ball joints they had nothing to catch on to break and yet after holding revoltech saber's caliburn her wrist joint broke after a week to a week and a half of just holding the sword 1 handed.

Unlike the armored version of Frame Arms girls you cannot jerry rig it back together by using a metal post and super glue, like you are able to the the wrist ball attached to the mech versions.

Materia is still a good kit and as a kit they will never be as solid to adventure as an original shinki. The new shinki kits will still be kits. They will be interesting but as a precautionary tale of their current wrist issues on all frame arms, we can only guess if the "shinki derived frame arms" will be more durable. But once again it is a kit and should be treated as such. Build it and park it on your table pose for pics and leave it alone when it comes to outside durability adventures.

And no I didn't play rough with her or any of my collectibles. It's just the joint ends are so tiny and shitty they could have done better with wrist joints on materia by using the same wrist setup as the mech versions of the frame arm girls. But then again the regular armored girls wrists ALSO had issues breaking because most model kit stuff can't withstand excessive posing or playing with them. They wear out much faster the more you tinker.

I will say though I still like the line, just never expect a durable action figure from a kit.
User avatar
Aurea Arleigh
Class A Shinki
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:36 am
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0

Re: And So It Begins (Kotobukiya Busou Shinki)

Postby halconfenix » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:53 am

User avatar
halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper
 
Posts: 1188
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:00 am
Location: Manizales (Colombia)
Shinkis owned: 32
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Space Shuttle Arnval

Re: And So It Begins (Kotobukiya Busou Shinki)

Postby Xehn » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:20 pm

halconfenix wrote:somewhat related....

http://www.kotobukiya.co.jp/event/event-82613/


darnit hal I just made a new subforum for that stuff
User avatar
Xehn
Kamen Adminder
 
Posts: 1288
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:28 pm
Shinkis owned: 32
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Re: And So It Begins (Kotobukiya Busou Shinki)

Postby halconfenix » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:14 am

Xehn wrote:
halconfenix wrote:somewhat related....

http://www.kotobukiya.co.jp/event/event-82613/


darnit hal I just made a new subforum for that stuff


sorry! it wasnt there by the time i posted that.... feel free to edit/erase this then!
User avatar
halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper
 
Posts: 1188
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:00 am
Location: Manizales (Colombia)
Shinkis owned: 32
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Space Shuttle Arnval

Re: And So It Begins (Kotobukiya Busou Shinki)

Postby Poor collector » Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:41 pm

I will say though I still like the line, just never expect a durable action figure from a kit.


Exactly! That's what I meant to say.

That said, if you want a solid base figure, I expect the Megami Device line to work fine, so you can buy one of those and use it as a Shinki body; they'll be fully compatible.


Unfortunately, Megami Device line is also a model kit which means Busou shinki will be model kit too:(. Interestingly enough, the new line is twice cheaper then the Frame Arms Girl; you get two figures of Megami Device (one set) about the same price of one Frame Arms Girl!

Wonfes summer have nothing new for Busou shinki, it's the same prototypes we have seen before:/.
http://metzotza.blogspot.co.il - Toy reviews in Hebrew, one may use google translate.
User avatar
Poor collector
MMS Naked
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:49 pm
Location: Israel
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0

PreviousNext

Return to News & Reviews

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron