And So It Begins (Kotobukiya Busou Shinki)

Upcoming releases, past releases, news related to Busou Shinki & MMS

Moderator: Caterwaul

Re: And So It Begins (Kotobukiya Busou Shinki)

Postby Caterwaul » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:58 pm

Leafing through Previews for turn in to my comic shop, guess who I spotted?

APR162884 Busou Shinki Arnval: Suggested Retail Price $64.99
Est Release Date: Sept 28
Image
User avatar
Caterwaul
News Reporter
 
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:06 pm
Location: New Jersey, the suburb state
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Re: And So It Begins (Kotobukiya Busou Shinki)

Postby halconfenix » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:47 pm

that's awesome news... buts that's on the website right? or is a magazine???

EDIT: she's supposed to be model kit right? because $64 is not exactly cheap for that kind of model kit imho
User avatar
halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper
 
Posts: 1173
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:00 am
Location: Manizales (Colombia)
Shinkis owned: 32
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Space Shuttle Arnval

Re: And So It Begins (Kotobukiya Busou Shinki)

Postby Stanisburgh » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:11 am

halconfenix wrote:that's awesome news... buts that's on the website right? or is a magazine???

EDIT: she's supposed to be model kit right? because $64 is not exactly cheap for that kind of model kit imho


Given the features she'll have, the articulation, 65 dollars or so is reasonable. Also Konami kits have always been slightly more expensive than average.

If you go to any minor American import store site, you'll see them listing Arnval with a description, price, and release date.
Stanisburgh
Class A Shinki
 
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:24 pm
Shinkis owned: 49
MMS owned: 0

Re: And So It Begins (Kotobukiya Busou Shinki)

Postby Poor collector » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:25 am

Stanisburgh wrote:
halconfenix wrote:that's awesome news... buts that's on the website right? or is a magazine???

EDIT: she's supposed to be model kit right? because $64 is not exactly cheap for that kind of model kit imho


Given the features she'll have, the articulation, 65 dollars or so is reasonable. Also Konami kits have always been slightly more expensive than average.

If you go to any minor American import store site, you'll see them listing Arnval with a description, price, and release date.



Actually, it's very expensive, even considering the articulation; it's about twice higher price then then the *original Konami and it seems they lack any weapons. I thought they were a complete action figures:/, kind of a bummer to hear they're model kits. I wanted Strarf, but I think I will give up on her. I will probably buy 2 base bodies and Estoril, If she will ever come out;_;. I had a bad feeling from the beginning about Kotobukiya and apparently I was right:[...


*most busou shinki until the last releases cost about 30$ ; http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/search?typ1_c ... ki&spage=3
http://metzotza.blogspot.co.il - Toy reviews in Hebrew, one may use google translate.
User avatar
Poor collector
MMS Naked
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:49 pm
Location: Israel
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0

Re: And So It Begins (Kotobukiya Busou Shinki)

Postby Stanisburgh » Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:05 am

Poor collector wrote:
Stanisburgh wrote:
halconfenix wrote:that's awesome news... buts that's on the website right? or is a magazine???

EDIT: she's supposed to be model kit right? because $64 is not exactly cheap for that kind of model kit imho


Given the features she'll have, the articulation, 65 dollars or so is reasonable. Also Konami kits have always been slightly more expensive than average.

If you go to any minor American import store site, you'll see them listing Arnval with a description, price, and release date.



Actually, it's very expensive, even considering the articulation; it's about twice higher price then then the *original Konami and it seems they lack any weapons. I thought they were a complete action figures:/, kind of a bummer to hear they're model kits. I wanted Strarf, but I think I will give up on her. I will probably buy 2 base bodies and Estoril, If she will ever come out;_;. I had a bad feeling from the beginning about Kotobukiya and apparently I was right:[...


*most busou shinki until the last releases cost about 30$ ; http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/search?typ1_c ... ki&spage=3


You're forgetting to factor in inflation or how literally everything has been going up in price lately. 6500 yen retail without your usual retailer-based discount is fair. A shinki released in this market would be 6500 or more. Also, nice assumption that the prototype that we've seen is all we're getting.
Stanisburgh
Class A Shinki
 
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:24 pm
Shinkis owned: 49
MMS owned: 0

Re: And So It Begins (Kotobukiya Busou Shinki)

Postby Xehn » Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:22 pm

$65 through US-based comic book shop distributor. Not 6.5k Japanese retail. Very different things. Based on what I've experienced with other things she'll probably be a bit cheaper than that, Japanese MSRP... probably.

edit: lol 65k. forgot a period. that changes price considerably.
User avatar
Xehn
Kamen Adminder
 
Posts: 1287
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:28 pm
Shinkis owned: 32
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Re: And So It Begins (Kotobukiya Busou Shinki)

Postby Stanisburgh » Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:50 pm

Xehn wrote:$65 through US-based comic book shop distributor. Not 6.5k Japanese retail. Very different things. Based on what I've experienced with other things she'll probably be a bit cheaper than that, Japanese MSRP... probably.

edit: lol 65k. forgot a period. that changes price considerably.



Yeah, 6500 yen is my estimate from looking at the prices I see on these western storefronts. Should have clarified. It's worth noting that price is likely what KotoUS is going to go by as well.

Baselard's being posted by comic stores now too and she's at 65 dollars MSRP, so likely around the same as Arnval. Kotobukiya mentioned that Baselard is a "heavy" Frame Arms Girl, so it seems the Busou Shinki kit line is being priced in the same category. It's worth mentioning both will likely have swappable non armored body parts whereas previous Frame Arms Girls with the exception of Materia have not had that feature and were priced around 4000 to 5000 yen, from what I remember.

That said, even if it's a little more expensive than importing from Japan (if you can somehow get around having to pay for import shipping), it'd be worth ordering these kits from Western retailers or KotoUS just to let Kotobukiya know that there is a market in the US and other nations for these kinds of kits and figures. Buying from sites like Amiami, while nice, doesn't send producing companies any information about sales outside of Japan. Hopefully, this western marketing push Kotobukiya is showing Frame Arms Girls and Busou Shinki doesn't turn out like how Konami's test run of Busou Shinki in the US with the first three waves did, which convinced them not to market the line in western nations.
Stanisburgh
Class A Shinki
 
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:24 pm
Shinkis owned: 49
MMS owned: 0

Re: And So It Begins (Kotobukiya Busou Shinki)

Postby Klinkin » Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:01 am

That's a bit pricy, but not exactly unexpected. For comparison, most FA Girls have been around $40 or so, and they've had nowhere near as much armor as a Wave 1 Shinki (though given the relative sizes, I'm still a bit disappointed; that's more expensive than even most UC-era MGs, and I doubt Koto's Shinki will have inner frames in their armor parts or the same level of articulation). For that price, we can expect obviously all the plastic, as well as pre-painted faces and probably some pre-painted parts, either for the armor, body, or both, but unfortunately not Bandai-level color separation and parts count. Given the price, I'm wondering if Koto will lean more towards Frame Arms and pre-assemble the base body.
Image
User avatar
Klinkin
Class S Shinki
 
Posts: 255
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:46 pm
Shinkis owned: 2
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Re: And So It Begins (Kotobukiya Busou Shinki)

Postby Caterwaul » Mon May 02, 2016 3:00 pm

Keep in mind that when you buy from Previews or other US distributors you're not paying the import fees, either. That closes the gap a bit. It does still tend to be a bit more expensive as the importers need to make their money, too.

That said, many of us who order things through comic book stores tend to get a discount of 10-15% off, so it's definitely an option for us.
Image
User avatar
Caterwaul
News Reporter
 
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:06 pm
Location: New Jersey, the suburb state
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Re: And So It Begins (Kotobukiya Busou Shinki)

Postby Poor collector » Sun May 15, 2016 4:23 pm

That's a bit pricy, but not exactly unexpected. For comparison, most FA Girls have been around $40 or so, and they've had nowhere near as much armor as a Wave 1 Shinki (though given the relative sizes, I'm still a bit disappointed; that's more expensive than even most UC-era MGs, and I doubt Koto's Shinki will have inner frames in their armor parts or the same level of articulation). For that price, we can expect obviously all the plastic, as well as pre-painted faces and probably some pre-painted parts, either for the armor, body, or both, but unfortunately not Bandai-level color separation and parts count. Given the price, I'm wondering if Koto will lean more towards Frame Arms and pre-assemble the base body.


Yep, I agree with you. Model kits should cost much less then fully colored and assembled action figure since the production itself costs far less. I guess kotobukiya want to charge more due to the brand which silly since it was canceled (not a strong brand). My greatest concern about the new busou shinki besides the derpy prototypes (I've seen a lot of japanese action figure prototypes and they all look way better and were very close to the final product) is that they will be incredibly fragile, even more then my big time let down figma (Saber Alter which her arm joint suddenly snapped after a month, apparently her joints slipped out;_;). Is there anyone here who owns a Frame Arms Girl model kit? I would like to know about the assembling and the stability since they will share the same base body with busou shinki to my understanding...
http://metzotza.blogspot.co.il - Toy reviews in Hebrew, one may use google translate.
User avatar
Poor collector
MMS Naked
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:49 pm
Location: Israel
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0

PreviousNext

Return to News & Reviews

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests