And So It Begins (Kotobukiya Busou Shinki)

Upcoming releases, past releases, news related to Busou Shinki & MMS

Moderator: Caterwaul

star
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

Re: And So It Begins (Kotobukiya Busou Shinki)

Post by star » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:45 pm

OOOOOOOH~ Mama's gettin a 4th Ianeira LOL And Maochao and Howling should be positively adorable, they'll be hard to resist as well~ and I can FINALLY get an Ach~ YAY~

I must say, the pose-ability is a bit of a concern(just from looking at the joints, though I don't think it'll be too restricted, I doubt it will be on par with mms BUT I've never seen a frame arms girl body in person so I'm open to be surprised lol

Anyone have any ideas on when preorders will be up or where(I'm also gonna look for links lol)? or any links if they are yet? lol I'd love to get a 2nd Arnval as well, I always loved her design. These should be normal released figures right?

I am ecstatic to see the new Maochao and Howling~

Stanisburgh
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 49

Post by Stanisburgh » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:02 am

star wrote:OOOOOOOH~ Mama's gettin a 4th Ianeira LOL And Maochao and Howling should be positively adorable, they'll be hard to resist as well~ and I can FINALLY get an Ach~ YAY~

I must say, the pose-ability is a bit of a concern(just from looking at the joints, though I don't think it'll be too restricted, I doubt it will be on par with mms BUT I've never seen a frame arms girl body in person so I'm open to be surprised lol

Anyone have any ideas on when preorders will be up or where(I'm also gonna look for links lol)? or any links if they are yet? lol I'd love to get a 2nd Arnval as well, I always loved her design. These should be normal released figures right?

I am ecstatic to see the new Maochao and Howling~
If you'd read the thread, you'd know they're going to be model kits.

Posability will be similar to if not on par with Apsy's Machineca body that was on display previous WF, pictures of you can find here:
http://imgur.com/a/TvzkJ
Kirie wrote:Asa's blog: http://apsy.blog.shinobi.jp/information ... F%E3%80%82

Correct me if I'm wrong.

> First wave is Arnval, second wave is Strarf
Maybe not launched in pairs like Konami's Busou Shinki

> planned to release all the girls already released previously
Seems like Estoril and Jill Rivers will keep their MYTH status a bit longer ?

> body will use Busou Shinki customized Machineca body exclusive to Kotobukiya. Done by FA:G's designer. Will be made in China (Asai's Machineca is made in Japan).

> Machineca will be supplied to hobby makers for customizing. He had been contacted and is still making the terms for supplying.
None said about making Machineca available to mass production. So maybe just horde the Material body for blanks.

> Although they cooperated with Kotobukiya to make the Megami Device, it's still conceptually a garage kit and there's no plan of making it into a commercial product.
From what I could tell, Apsy's planning on selling Machineca bodies through his website, plastica.jp, ala what a lot of other GKers with original non-IP kits do. Molds are being produced right now and the kits themselves will be available for purchase sometime in 2016.

He's said that they'll make kits based on previously released shinkis, but I don't see where he says they'll make ALL of them. There's a non-zero probability of the line getting cancelled before all the shinkis are reproduced. I'd say it's safest to say that only Arnval and Strarf are confirmed to be getting releases, anything after that is still in the air.

Megami Device is still well in the planning phases and it's not decided yet as to whether it'll be a garage kit, plastic model, or finished figure, or if it'll even happen at all. He states that it'd be a shame if it doesn't happen because it's from the combined effort of Toriyama-P, Shimada Fumikane, and himself. (Toriyama-P is the former producer for Busou Shinki at Konami Digital Entertainment)

The Shinki Machineca Body is made by Apsy. Shimizu is the person who's managing production of the kits themselves and is also the producer for FA:G. FA:Gs were designed by Shimada Fumikane and Yanase Takayuki.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kotobukiya doesn't release shinkis in pairs like Konami did. Their release schedule is much too different.
halconfenix wrote:
Stanisburgh wrote:From what I saw on stage during the conference
wait... you were there?
Yes.

star
Class S Shinki
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

Post by star » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:27 pm

I never said they wouldn't be model kits..."if you read the thread..." also sounds a bit pretentious...you just assume I didn't read this thread? tisk tisk.

I just want to know where to get them lol

Joeyz1231
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 14
MMS owned: 13
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Murmeltier

Post by Joeyz1231 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:13 am

I'm giggling like a madman right now but hell yeah the line continues~! I can get twin characters who aren't exact copies of each other (I missed out on the Mk.1s)

Ron8675309
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 13
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Lirbiete

Post by Ron8675309 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:45 pm

I have no experience with Frame Arms Girls, but have dabbled a bit with Frame Arms proper. I also wouldn't call myself an avid model builder. How complicated is the initial out-of-the-box build process for the new Busou Shinki? I really don't want to have to get into heavy-duty painting and/or glue.

I'm also not sure who I'd pick up now, given the chance. Maybe Sharatang, because the after market cost of her is ridiculous.

Klinkin
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Post by Klinkin » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:59 pm

Koto hasn't revealed much, but according to some translations, they'll be a full kit (pre-assembled figure-quality blank bodies may be assembled). Judging by Frame Arms and RAcaseals, the faces and possibly some other parts will come prepainted; there will also possibly be waterslide decals.

Caterwaul
News Reporter
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by Caterwaul » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:32 am

Ugh...waterslide decals.

Ron8675309
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 13
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Lirbiete

Post by Ron8675309 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:45 am

Admittedly I did not know what a water slide decal was until this conversation induced me to Google it. Initially I thought you were all annoyed because you wanted to decorate the new Shinki with something other than stickers of water slides. Although I can see Altlene having a field day being covered in promotions for a water park.

Klinkin
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Post by Klinkin » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:53 pm

Caterwaul wrote:Ugh...waterslide decals.
Better than those dry-rub decals. Eugh. Waterslides just need a topcoat (which you should be using if you're painting anyway).

halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper
Shinkis owned: 32
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Space Shuttle Arnval

Post by halconfenix » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:01 pm

does this count as news? or i'm already too late? http://hobby.dengeki.com/news/103171/

anyway someone with enough japanese knowledge to give us an idea about this?