Moderator: Caterwaul

ArcticKitsune
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Renge & Kohiru

Re: looking for news.

Post by ArcticKitsune » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:57 pm

Hopefully I'm not raining on anybody's parade or just being a waste of a post. I just wanted to get this out there either here or on Tumblr. I can always delete this and move it on Tumblr if it bothers anyone.

----

I can partially agree with the numbers but I don't agree with just killing it. I know that people don't have to agree with me to keep a Shinki line running or killing it, it's just however you look at it its horrible. It's horrible when you're killing the Shinki from a collectors, business sense, or resetting or shredding them in Battle Rondo or Battlemasters. There is still profit to be made from them (look at the 2000-3000 people lining up) and those elsewhere who use proxies to get them. If it's about 50 people with another 5 around the world then maybe I can agree with you. You also have the Battlemasters PSP game that has all those costly add-ons that still may be giving them profit, and they're insanely costly when you start collecting each and every one. One add-on is like purchasing half a figure, or maybe a full one. Not sure about the ratio of how much Sony gets and how much Konami gets but it should still be providing them income. The Moon Angel OVA is also still there for those that dislike pirating.

The actual reason of wanting to post being I wanted to note Gundam Build Fighters borrowing and expanding on the concept that Busou Shinki is using. I know the concept isn't new and that Angelic Layer used it before Busou Shinki and all. The whole Busou Shinki battling in the arena to make your way from the ground to the winner of a tournament in one go. I've seen them also going on about how parts fitting one gunpla should fit the other without a problem. Also, consider the episode with the baseball battle and the racing to shake off the main characters from the tournament through rigging. The game itself also works almost as closely as Konami assumingly thought Busou Shinki should work with all those part swappings. I've seen similar things with figures but haven't been looking hard enough to make actual connection. The whole Gundam Girl line. It might be coincidental, or it might actually be to jab at Busou Shinki. I just can't help but make that connection every Monday because of the concept that it and Busou Shinki uses.

I'm pondering maybe some employees may have jumped ship or simply have been "borrowed". Maybe it is actually the economy screwing with things or even the factory drama that people have mentioned. Whatever it is, they can still find a factory somewhere. Maybe not as easily. One should eventually be found...hopefully. It's all speculation and conspiracy theories on my side so I know I can be wrong on everything. That's at least something to consider at the very least. Lastly, I hope I'm not going to be looked down upon as that "idiot" by Konami or similar. I love Busou Shinki and I can of course be wrong and an ass at times. I just hope they're actually polite behind their silence. Do hope something can be done with the line. Killing it just seems foolish.

Shiaoran
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 47
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altlene

Post by Shiaoran » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:49 pm

I'll be extremely straight here. Shinkis rely on old technology, sure they were novel when the best competitor was Microman, but around 2008 there was a boom in the figure market, and all Konami did was improve the bodies a bit. Too little. Although there are games and an anime, I still think that everything was poorly marketed. Take for example the complete lack of reissues during the anime run, despite the secondary market being in very high demand. Also, take a look at everything that's making a huge impact on Japan, they're all freemium games! Why isn't a Battle Rondo 2 being made in that format?

Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Shinkis owned: 33
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Post by Xehn » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:19 pm

Um. Battle Rondo was actually a "freemium" game to begin with.

Shiaoran
Class S Shinki

Post by Shiaoran » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:02 pm

Xehn wrote:Um. Battle Rondo was actually a "freemium" game to begin with.
Exactly. Why not make a new version of what was succesful?
But they need to allow people to make microtransactions for parts instead of having to use figure codes. Impulse purchases and small prices where you think you're spending less is where the money is at.

Shikaze
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 9
MMS owned: 9
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Post by Shikaze » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:31 pm

Actually, one thing that seems odd to me, if they stop the line, is one fact : the voice actresses. Voice actresses in japan usually have a following of devoted fan, actually buying just about ANYTHING where they work in. Given that each Shinki had her own voice, and that they managed to put out three different CDs with character songs, I really do not doubt that the shinki line was making money. Especially when they put out a second game on the PSP, since game development are costly. So, if they really pull the plug on this, they stand to lose a not so little following.

Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Shinkis owned: 33
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Post by Xehn » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:26 am

Shiaoran wrote:
But they need to allow people to make microtransactions for parts instead of having to use figure codes. Impulse purchases and small prices where you think you're spending less is where the money is at.
There were microtransactions. There were several repaint shinki that were only available as cash shop purchases, not to mention all the weapons and gear.

Shiaoran
Class S Shinki

Post by Shiaoran » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:47 pm

Xehn wrote:
Shiaoran wrote:
There were microtransactions. There were several repaint shinki that were only available as cash shop purchases, not to mention all the weapons and gear.
I didn't know that, I tought you only got what your Shinki code gave you.
It only serves to strenghten my point. It's stupid not to revamp the same engine, update the graphics, and release it as a mobile and Facebook game.

star
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

Post by star » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:44 pm

it would be nice to see battle rondo remade with a language option, I'd love to play it in English, shoot, it could be even better as an mmo, just let people play as their favorite shinki and run around in a large area killing each other, sounds fun to me. Original codes could even be used to provide additional content. I'd play it, a little random chaos and PvP sounds great :D

poppie
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Post by poppie » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:29 pm

Zenislez wrote:It is sad, but at least now there should be a concrete and clear answer about the fate of busou shinki line.

It is sad if they really choose to kill the busou shinki line, but anything good will end one day...and one day all shinkis will end up as junk.

But at least for me, I will make sure that none of my girls and some more if I can get my hand and save as many as I can and make sure that none of them will become junk while I'm alive.

I don't know about everyone's opinion, but I still think there's something special with MMS line. It just has a certain charm that no other figure/toys/figma/ect can match.

It's been a short but enjoyable time.
I'm gonna have to go with that. Expensive or not, I think MMS body is the most robust 5 inch figure template ever made- that alone is a gift to figure collectors that have a passion for the craft. I look forward to making my own customization like the pros do, maybe full scratch if I have some talent.
It's been a short but enjoyable time.
Never forgetting :( 2011 was a sweet time to discover figures. This line was special- Was a fun ride.

ArcticKitsune
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Renge & Kohiru

Post by ArcticKitsune » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:35 pm

Shiaoran wrote:There were microtransactions. There were several repaint shinki that were only available as cash shop purchases, not to mention all the weapons and gear.

I didn't know that, I tought you only got what your Shinki code gave you.
It only serves to strenghten my point. It's stupid not to revamp the same engine, update the graphics, and release it as a mobile and Facebook game.
It's free but you got Fubuki as your starters then either figures or in-game Shinkis through paying. You could buy parts by paying for them.

If they want to update it then I recommend the Gundam Capsule type of system for obtaining Shinkis and parts. Everything through Mizuki's lottery system. Set up the world with NPC and player tournaments, with 'free battles', and 'player battles'. All sorts of scenarios, story type quests, and all for you to have fun with in 1 vs 1 and all that. It might be hard, but shouldn't be that hard to do. We have the template and system already made by numerous other Japanese game companies from PS2 days till now and so on. Reuse that, reuse Battlemasters MK. II assets, and just have fun. The cost should even out somewhere. If anything, it would make for a perfect PS4 game when stuffed to the brim like Gran Turismo 5.

And it's too bad I'm not actually hearing about anything at all about Shinkis. Nothing at all.