Gentlemen do prefer blonde's.

star
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

Re: Wave ? - Cruiser and Racer type

Post by star » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:27 pm

royalpain88 wrote:I think we may see more of tis outside of Konami. Word has it that Japan is heavily interested in developing Burma now that they are no longer a militant nation. With that, many BIG companies are interesting in building a few plants in Burma and out of China. More may follow in coming years. The idea is to keep Chinese influence out of Burma.
well china has no respect for copy rights for the most part and make so many knock offs that it is ridiculous, I hope Burma will do a better job and I'm happy Japan is moving out of china and gaining a new independence in a way, I hope America follows Japan because China has screwed them over just as much

bang04
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 7
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altlene

Post by bang04 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:24 pm

As my country are near Burma, and I ever hire Burmese labor, I think they are very diligent and talent, but I think many country will copy for learning at 1st period of time, after that they will become developer. Japan ever a copy cat until they have their own way, also China start some of their own product too, and when they have own product and brand they will respect copy right. If they choose Burma, this will be my luck because Burma is very near, may be i can get great price, such as Zoids that ever produce in Thai, i ever buy tomy's Liger Zero and Mygen Liger for 17-20$

For Konami, I think they have not enough resource, because konami major business is game not toy, and now Metal Gear Rising just launch, so they will put their resource for it. I see that konami just re product some MMS such as beat Mania and quiz magic academy, i think that are their budget for production or find factory.
Last edited by bang04 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Adventwings
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 11
MMS owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka

Post by Adventwings » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:31 am

If they really decided to put a plant out in Burma, I could literally just hop across the border to check on them. (Fwahaha.)

At any rate, all of this is speculation at best. Hopefully Konami can clear things up on their end.
<<Should you fail, try and try again.>>

Caterwaul
News Reporter
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by Caterwaul » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:14 am

Let's drop the politics angle talk, eh?

In any case, I know news is slow and we're desperate for any shred of info, but let's not jump to major conclusions just because of something someone says on the internet.
star wrote:I personally wonder if Konami keeps an eye on this site since this is the big english shinki site, we are a majority of their customers outside of japan,
I very much doubt it. We're a drop in the bucket as far as otaku oriented merchandise goes.

Sonja
Class S Shinki

Post by Sonja » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:29 am

I wouldn't even call us a major shinki site, there's a large number of shinki owners who seem to want nothing to do with us, or only stop in every so often to check for more news. Konami wouldn't even take the english fanbase into consideration, they 'tried' with our market and failed.

We will just have to be patient and continue to wait, it seems the current issues cannot be helped.

igor23ba
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 1

Post by igor23ba » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:03 pm

Sonja wrote:Konami wouldn't even take the english fanbase into consideration, they 'tried' with our market and failed.
Like selling Benio (which other Shinkis else ?) in the west ? Not releasing the game in the west.
No wonder.
The MMS bodies and armors are great, but you know they didn't really care about the figures when their faces look worse than Chinese knockoffs.

Shiaoran
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 47
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altlene

Post by Shiaoran » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:28 pm

Chances are they don't even know their stuff is known outside Japan.
I've spoken with some Bandai executives last year and they didn't know how we had their products if they weren't sold in Brazil.
It was rather troubling to see their reaction when they saw some event exclusives from mine and my friends' collections. "How do you have these?!?!?"

So when you complaing about something "Why don't they do X? Are they stupid?", yes they are. The price paid for being a self-centric nation.

star
Class S Shinki
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

Post by star » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:06 pm

we are not the main english fan site? this is like the only specifically shinki based site I could find that gave news and allowed discussions in english, that is a shock to me LOL they were suprised outsiders had these firgures? that is pretty funny

Klinkin
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Post by Klinkin » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:22 pm

It's rather disappointing that Konami doesn't seem to know about the fanbase here. I'd hazard to say that the international Shinki fanbase is at least a significant fraction non-Japanese. Looking at how expensive some Shinkis are going for on auction sites, you'd think Konami would at least consider an international rerelease of some of the more in-demand figures.

As for them not knowing how you got the figures...um...yeah. The market for just about anything that's not illegal to own is international in this day and age. That's willful ignorance.

As far as BSW being the main English fansite...I think we're the largest non-Japanese Shinki-specifc fansite, but as a community, the TFW Shinki community might be bigger (there seems to be a not-insignificant overlap between the two, though). We aren't really all that big as far as active members go, with under one thousand total registered (which is still a decent number, given how niche Shinkis are).