Moderator: Caterwaul

Shiaoran
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 47
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altlene

Re: Wave ? - Cruiser and Racer type

Post by Shiaoran » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:12 pm

Thing is, Konami isn't a toy manufacturer. They experimented with Shinkis, but if they want to stay on the game, they'll have to outsource.

star
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

Post by star » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:04 pm

kintaro wrote:
Klinkin wrote:I don't want to jump to the worst conclusion, but if Konami can't get a factory, then no more Shinkis. I hope we see an official statement from Konami, especially since this rumor's now out.
Hmm. I wonder if the "factory situation" only applies to Biker Shinkis and to them alone. If Konami can't get a factory period, then where do you suppose all those factory rejects have been coming from lately?
what factory rejects? there are biker girl rejects floating around somewhere? please give us a link :)

Klinkin
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Post by Klinkin » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:17 pm

star wrote:
kintaro wrote:
Klinkin wrote:I don't want to jump to the worst conclusion, but if Konami can't get a factory, then no more Shinkis. I hope we see an official statement from Konami, especially since this rumor's now out.
Hmm. I wonder if the "factory situation" only applies to Biker Shinkis and to them alone. If Konami can't get a factory period, then where do you suppose all those factory rejects have been coming from lately?
what factory rejects? there are biker girl rejects floating around somewhere? please give us a link :)
There's been a recent surge in discussion over factory reject Shinkis as budget options, especially as material for customs. I don't think any Biker rejects have surfaced; I've only seen Arnval and Strarf MkII rejects. I'd hazard a guess that they're likely from the recent MkII Full Arms Package releases. There's a possibility that the rejects are related, though; perhaps the factory Konami contracted the MkIIs to was also going to be making the bikers, but a large number of defects resulted in the factory being deemed unsuitable. I've honestly got no clue if the rejects are being sold by Konami, the factory, or some other third party.
Shiaoran wrote:Thing is, Konami isn't a toy manufacturer. They experimented with Shinkis, but if they want to stay on the game, they'll have to outsource.
True, or they could make their own toy arm larger. I think the Shinkis have been successful enough to justify a larger division, and, if these problems result in an inability for Konami to outsource manufacturing, perhaps a small, dedicated Shinki factory.

star
Class S Shinki

Post by star » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:54 pm

I would suggest they outsource to America instead of china, God knows America could use the job openings, but that would spike the shinki prices durastically, as of right now Konami is not getting more of my money until they make a new release though since I have all the figures from this line I wanted at this current point in time accept for Ach who is just out of my price range

Shiaoran
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 47
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altlene

Post by Shiaoran » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:46 am

A single product line doesn't justify owning a factory, and if all the good freelancer factories are booked, they'll have to wait or quit.
I'd just sell the license to someone like Bandai and be free of worries.
star wrote:I would suggest they outsource to America instead of china, God knows America could use the job openings, but that would spike the shinki prices durastically, as of right now Konami is not getting more of my money until they make a new release though since I have all the figures from this line I wanted at this current point in time accept for Ach who is just out of my price range
Sure, then we'll have McDonalds quality Shinkis for $400.
Even american toy companis have factories in China.

MrHolister
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 13
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Vitulus

Post by MrHolister » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:53 am

Well, this was sad news. I know all talk is pretty much pointless since we only have hearsay and second hand info,.. but whatever "grown-up" problems konami has have got to be pretty bad for just cancelling a hyped production wave just for lack of a factory deal.. I think there is a LOT more to this story than we will probably ever know.. Also, if this turns out to be a trick to hype demand so when some DO come out they can act like it's super duper special (aka unrealistically expensive) then I think I'd turn to other figure makers..

Wish someone would post an english email to send customer concerns to regarding this issue.. Enough pressure from consumers will at least pressure some actual response..

Maybe...
Shinkis for sale or trade!
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2119

TempestaMkII
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Arnval Mk2 Tempesta

Post by TempestaMkII » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:28 am

Oh Hina why. And I was looking forward to them GREATLY.
Then again, if it doesn't come out, I guess it's money-saving time for other items.
Like older Shinkis or furniture or things you would buy for your Shinki daughters.

star
Class S Shinki

Post by star » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:30 pm

I personally wonder if Konami keeps an eye on this site since this is the big english shinki site, we are a majority of their customers outside of japan, I hope they read this and begin to hurry because for all they know, what we say could spread world wide with the right help, as is they have 3 shinki with no physical froms from battle masters mk2 and then 2 more designs that have been mentioned outside of that, I think Konami needs to atleast issue some news before such rumors spread and they have to explain the situation to everyone, procrastination can only get them so far

royalpain88
Class S Shinki
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Arnval

Post by royalpain88 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:56 pm

I think we may see more of tis outside of Konami. Word has it that Japan is heavily interested in developing Burma now that they are no longer a militant nation. With that, many BIG companies are interesting in building a few plants in Burma and out of China. More may follow in coming years. The idea is to keep Chinese influence out of Burma.
Gentlemen do prefer blonde's.

Klinkin
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Post by Klinkin » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:00 pm

royalpain88 wrote:I think we may see more of tis outside of Konami. Word has it that Japan is heavily interested in developing Burma now that they are no longer a militant nation. With that, many BIG companies are interesting in building a few plants in Burma and out of China. More may follow in coming years. The idea is to keep Chinese influence out of Burma.
Unfortunately for us, that sort of political pissing match is likely going to net us not only a delay in Shinki production, but likely a decrease in initial quality. I'm worried that the first few factories in Burma aren't going to be as well-run as the older ones in developed nations, and Shinkis might suffer for it.