Upcoming releases, past releases, news related to Busou Shinki & MMS

Moderator: Caterwaul

arhra
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 38
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altines

Re: Eukrante re-issue!!

Post by arhra » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:15 pm

Klinkin wrote:Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems that the repaints are mostly, if not all, Dengeki exclusives
You would indeed be wrong - they're exclusive alright, but mostly KonamiStyle exclusives, not Dengeki.

Most of the actual Dengeki exclusives are quite old now - the opposite-colour original Arnval/Strarf repaints (and repeated with Bis/Tranche 2), the black Eukrante and Ianeira repaints (which I think were announced for a reissue at the same time as regular Eukrante), and I think the opposite-colour Valona/Werkstra repaints were Dengeki-exclusive too. Not sure they've had any recently, other than the aforementioned reissues of the Eukrante/Ianeira repaints.

They seem to be including more new parts with repaints in general these days; presumably because it leads to more sales (possibly spurred by the success of Tempesta/Lavina? I think that was the first time a repaint of any set had come with quite that many new parts).

Eukrante being a reissue though, just included the new parts that were originally created for the Dengeki repaint back in the day (and even used the old-style box, rather than the new one that any modern release, and even repaints like the Bragg/Zel repaints used)

Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Shinkis owned: 33
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Post by Xehn » Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:02 am

I want to say the first set of fencer repaints were through Dengeki as well, but I'm not sure.

Klinkin
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Post by Klinkin » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:08 am

arhra wrote:They seem to be including more new parts with repaints in general these days; presumably because it leads to more sales (possibly spurred by the success of Tempesta/Lavina? I think that was the first time a repaint of any set had come with quite that many new parts).

Eukrante being a reissue though, just included the new parts that were originally created for the Dengeki repaint back in the day (and even used the old-style box, rather than the new one that any modern release, and even repaints like the Bragg/Zel repaints used)
This lack of new parts is what I was talking about. I wasn't aware the new repaints weren't Dengeki exclusives.

star
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

Post by star » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:45 pm

Xehn wrote:I want to say the first set of fencer repaints were through Dengeki as well, but I'm not sure.
the first repaints were dengeki, also the first repaints of eukrante and ianeira and possibly ach and yda. on another note, i will admit i am pleased to have a eukrante although, her boots are really hard to get on because of screws in the way! also her legs are a cheap plastic and her knee joints worry me because her boots get stuck on and its stressfull on the knees to get them off, also her chestplate is scary tight and hard to change, over all i am pleased with the figure but i think i'll keep her armor in the bird mode for the most part, since bird mode seems least likely to get stuck together

Armorhide
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 6
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Renge

Post by Armorhide » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:07 am

i got my :eukrante: today and i love it :biggrin:

Sonja
Class S Shinki

Post by Sonja » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:22 am

arhra wrote:
Klinkin wrote:Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems that the repaints are mostly, if not all, Dengeki exclusives
You would indeed be wrong - they're exclusive alright, but mostly KonamiStyle exclusives, not Dengeki.

Most of the actual Dengeki exclusives are quite old now - the opposite-colour original Arnval/Strarf repaints (and repeated with Bis/Tranche 2), the black Eukrante and Ianeira repaints (which I think were announced for a reissue at the same time as regular Eukrante), and I think the opposite-colour Valona/Werkstra repaints were Dengeki-exclusive too. Not sure they've had any recently, other than the aforementioned reissues of the Eukrante/Ianeira repaints.

They seem to be including more new parts with repaints in general these days; presumably because it leads to more sales (possibly spurred by the success of Tempesta/Lavina? I think that was the first time a repaint of any set had come with quite that many new parts).

For the record, repaint Werkstra and Valona were KonamiStyle exclusives not Dengeki. Though I think a version of the fencer girls was Dengeki, and one was HobbyJapan or something weird? Way too many repaints of that one set.

keymasterjoe
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Xiphos

Post by keymasterjoe » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:39 pm

Anyone know if the Eukrante Dengeki re-release got delayed? It's already February and I have yet to hear anything from Tokyo-Hunter. :|

Caterwaul
News Reporter
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by Caterwaul » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:48 pm

Didnt even realise she was getting a rerelease. Have you sent him an email?

Shiaoran
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 47
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altlene

Post by Shiaoran » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:24 pm

They were supposed to ship on the 30th. It hasn't even been 4 days, and there's the distributor > proxy shipping too, which could take a week :P
I've ordered both Eukrante and Ianeira, and haven't heard from Yokatta yet, because 3 days is too soon to start worrying. I don't even know if they have been shipped on the 30th, for all I know they could've been delayed like the Raptias and Artille set.

keymasterjoe
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Xiphos

Post by keymasterjoe » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:38 am

Yeah, I got my released dates mixed up on that one. She was released at the end of the month, with Altlene's rerelease being at the beginning of Feb. Lol I thought Eukrante was begining of Jan, and Altlene was end of Feb. They wound up being delivered on the same day. I guess that's what happens when you get like 4 shipments a month...