Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 2
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Graffias

Re: Eukrante re-issue!!

Post by MaidenLili » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:40 pm

Auu... please don't cancel her, Konami!

... I don't want to end up giving money to eBay scalpers... :vitulus:

Really, though, I'm similarly of the opinion that this might have something to do with the huge numbers of releases recently. Alternatively, maybe most prospective Eukrante owners already got her way back when? The Japanese collector communities seem to have no shortage of people who somehow have enough cash for multiples of every figure that shows, after all.

Well, My pre-order's in, so I've done my part. Time to cross my fingers. And my toes.

shizen22
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 25
MMS owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Renge

Post by shizen22 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:12 pm

I think there are several reasons why Eukrante will have a much better chance than Atlene for a re-release. For one thing, Eukrante's much cheaper!! There's almost a 3000 yen difference between the two! 2nd, Eukrante's being released by herself so no deciding on whether to preorder her and/or her wavemate like with Atlene and if you are interested in Eukrante's wavemate, she's widely available for even cheaper!

Eukrante has already proven herself to be a very popular design (whether her or Atlene is more popular is highly debatable). Her armor has several different official modes and can even form a stand-alone unit giving Eukrante a better playvalue even without considering the cost. Eukrante also has the nostalgia factor on her side while Atlene's re-release preorder came much too soon after her own initial release.

So regardless of whether Eukrante reaches her pre-order quota or not, I'm pretty sure she'll do better than Atlene.

star
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

Post by star » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:21 pm

i ordered via proxy site, would they return my money if the preorder is canceled, i so hope its not canceled! i really want eukrante, she has some of, arguably the most poseable wings of all shinki, as well as lots of configureations, and now she has her extra pieces, which id think would bring in an even more people to buy her than her first relese, people buy doubles so why not one more? id say shes one of the best shinki ever made, but still shes not reaching quota, that is so sad :vitulus:

blade_anime
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: All of mine

Post by blade_anime » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:49 pm

I wish that Konamistyle at least shipped to residents outside of Japan. Even if Japan is their demographic, I don't see how it would hurt them to at least ship outside Japan. They'd probably make a profit from it when you think about the fact that dealing with proxies is why foreigners are hesitant to buy exclusives.

shizen22
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 25
MMS owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Renge

Post by shizen22 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:43 pm

blade_anime wrote:I wish that Konamistyle at least shipped to residents outside of Japan. Even if Japan is their demographic, I don't see how it would hurt them to at least ship outside Japan. They'd probably make a profit from it when you think about the fact that dealing with proxies is why foreigners are hesitant to buy exclusives.
Actually it would hurt them. A lot. Selling to the international market isn't such a simple thing. There's added expenses that come from accepting foreign credit cards, new shipping arrangements, hiring people to translate and setup the system that will allow foreign transactions, setting up customer service for the foreign market...these don't cost cheap. Any meager profit Konamistyle makes would be far drowned by the operating costs. Hobby shops like HLJ and HS sell enough range of merchandise to a wide enough range of customers that they can recoup such costs but Konamistyle only sells a handful of toys for a very niche market. It just wouldn't be worth it.

holydragon
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: strarf mk2 ravina

Post by holydragon » Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:37 pm

just contacted my proxy havent heard back yet. really hope they dont cancel her. :evil: :evil: :evil: eukrante is one of my favs but didnt get in to shinkis in time to get her the first time :eukrante: :eukrante: :eukrante:

star
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

Post by star » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:39 pm

holydragon wrote:just contacted my proxy havent heard back yet. really hope they dont cancel her. :evil: :evil: :evil: eukrante is one of my favs but didnt get in to shinkis in time to get her the first time :eukrante: :eukrante: :eukrante:
i was into shinki while she was around, not as a new relese but she was readily available, i simply didnt get her soon enough, she was on my list but she just barely sliped past me without me knowing until it was to late. i dont see why konami wouldnt just sent the products to those who order them even if it is cancelled, and konami is in multiple contenents already, i know for a fact that they are in America, since the words KONAMI flashes across my tv screen for during comercails at the end of some, it would be a good idea for konami to try to bring shinki back to America, there is so much more options now than they originally had when they first tried and the market has grown significantly here since the last time they tried, personally id like and english option in battle master mk2, it would be a good idea, and also then people in america could buy the game and become introduced to shinki, which would make people more likely to buy the figures that they other wise would not, like how halo has a toy line now.

Sonja
Class S Shinki

Post by Sonja » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:40 pm

Remember Star that Busou Shinki was introduced over here before and it has already failed. Konami is not likely to reattempt a risky release like that, especially in this economy!

The reason they won't release the shinkis if the order number isn't met is because 2500 is probably a minimum run they can make a decent profit on.

trenner dios
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 19
MMS owned: 19
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Yda or Arnval

Post by trenner dios » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:31 am

Just out of curiosity, what proxys did you guys go through, and how much was the total cost?

Mikuo_Hatsune
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 163
MMS owned: 13
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Murmeltier

Post by Mikuo_Hatsune » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:58 am

ToyJapan / Kanya - he'll get it done and his comissions are very decent

Noppin - Good site for Auctions if you want to control them and not a person , decent fees with them too
Don't Follow Me On Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/ODST813