Moderator: Caterwaul

Pyaamon
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 22
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio/ Arnval 2

Re: 2 new bike themed girls and Zel+Bragg repaints from WonF

Post by Pyaamon » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:46 am

I'd love some release dates and a price range for some of the repaints - I'm trying to cut down on what I pick up this year, and while I'm thankful wonfes has only given me shinkis to drool over, I'd still like some time line as to what to expect.

Remember when Proxima and Celes were first proto-typed? They took forever to come out. Are we going to see the new bikers in 2011, or is it the end of 2012? You never know with Konami.

trenner dios
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 19
MMS owned: 19
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Yda or Arnval

Post by trenner dios » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:03 pm

Aefils wrote:
rubixbox wrote:Not everyone on this forum has access to some way to get the exclusives, myself included.
http://tokyohunter.blogspot.com/
http://yokattaweb.jp/
http://goody-japan.com/
http://otakuagency.com/
http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/

Problem solved.
Price is always a contributing factor. I've had to accept that there are certain figures I will never be willing to fork out the money for due to their price, so I will always continue to hope that in the future they become cheaper, or at the very least, easier to obtain.

Zress Tayasu
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 8
MMS owned: 8
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ach <3

Post by Zress Tayasu » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:42 am

rubixbox wrote:It's still annoying. Not everyone on this forum has access to some way to get the exclusives, myself included.
(s)he says, to the guy who was and still is a torrent of RAGE over the exclusivity of the Mk2s, or reissues of anything, etc.

and yes. a lot of people around here seem to neglect the idea of fellow fans being stuck on draconian budgets. just because you can list off fifteen proxy services doesn't mean it's gonna help. especially considering the often exorbitant commission fees they always delight in tacking on there.

Pyaamon
Class S Shinki

Post by Pyaamon » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:33 am

You're not alone in that, Zress. Things are starting to get out of hand now and it's gotten to the point where some of us are no longer sure that we can keep up - or want to.

That being said I don't think Aefils realized everyone was talking about budgetary constraints; the proxy list is the usual reply when someone asks where they can get an exclusive they've seen floating around on other sites.

To throw wood on the fire; I reckon the repaints of Zel and Bragg will probably sit around 4000. Our bikers will probably be attached to the new Battle Masters game and cost an arm and leg and 20,000 yen.

I know I've said this in another thread - what do we do? I feel bad about picking up the girls now because I don't like paying the higher prices for something that contains the same amount of plastic as previous models. I don't know if I can justify buying them any more despite loving them so much. Where does a person draw the line?

The_Hermit
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 3
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Mary Celes

Post by The_Hermit » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:44 am

Sure, the exclusive Shinkis are very expensive, but they're not inaccessible.
Everyone has access to proxies, it's just that you don't want to pay that much. Those are two different issues.

For me it was rather easy to draw the line. I only buy the designs I really like and that's it.

Sonja
Class S Shinki

Re: Winter Wonderfest 2011 Thread

Post by Sonja » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:35 am

It really just is what we get for being outside of the target market. I personally wouldn't mind so many exclusives if the Yen to Dollar rate was better for us, but currently it's in a spot that can only be described as 'ouch'.

Prices go up because of inflation, more exclusives for whatever reason, and we're left in the dust because we really are just a small portion of their sales.

Sucks, but as foreigners we have to accept that they're not thinking of us and they won't be. Busou Shinki already failed over here.

Pyaamon
Class S Shinki

Post by Pyaamon » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:46 am

My gripe is an age old debate about parts and production costs - not the target market. I want to know that the prices are high because of inflation and because of the Yen; not that Konami knows the fans will pay anything for these and will keep increasing the prices.

Thing is, I probably will shell out for what I want. I'm weak like that X3

Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Shinkis owned: 33
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Post by Xehn » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:16 pm

The_Hermit wrote:Sure, the exclusive Shinkis are very expensive, but they're not inaccessible.
Everyone has access to proxies, it's just that you don't want to pay that much. Those are two different issues.

For me it was rather easy to draw the line. I only buy the designs I really like and that's it.
Try "actually can't afford it". Not every single fan is sitting on a mountain of cash like you and everyone else who bought the Battle Masters box set seem to be.

I'd have no problem dropping that much on toys at once... if I had the funds for it. And I'm damn sure I'm not alone in that.

The_Hermit
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 3
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Mary Celes

Post by The_Hermit » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:41 pm

Xehn wrote:Try "actually can't afford it". Not every single fan is sitting on a mountain of cash like you and everyone else who bought the Battle Masters box set seem to be.

I'd have no problem dropping that much on toys at once... if I had the funds for it. And I'm damn sure I'm not alone in that.
I'm not wealthy at all. I work hard and make choices when it comes to spending.
If I want to buy a expensive Shinki I'll have to sacrifice something else. I'll either have to try to work more or spend less on other things.

Oh, and I don't think you were implying this, but I don't own the Battle Masters set.

monoman
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 12
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Arnval

Post by monoman » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:48 pm

Yeah.. its rough on the wallet.
I guess I've complained enough about it though... back when the Arnval & Strarf MK II's first came out and were really pushing my WANT button and were so costly/hard to obtain. I was real happy when the repaints came out. I thought I might have a chance with the Altines re-release... but at $150 USD I guess I am coming to realize theres always going to be something I want but cant justify spending so much on. It really felt like they were milking it for all its worth. But cest la vie. I'll continue to enjoy my standard releases for now