Moderator: Caterwaul

star
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

Re: Arnval and Strarf MK 2 Repaints

Post by star » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:38 pm

Epicusername wrote:Well the full arms package is getting redone as these, coming out in march.
Https://Www.mpsnet.co.jp/Hobbynet/produ ... 11619.html
https://www.mpsnet.co.jp/HobbyNet/produ ... 11618.html
Warning site may be NSFW, ive only ever visited these two pages.
i like the strarf one but i think i'll pass on tempestra, i felt the original has all i need, however, i have no lavina and she look MEGA good that way!

Shiaoran
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 47
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altlene

Post by Shiaoran » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:42 pm

Didn't the repaints already include the extra parts that were "unrepainted" for the FAPs? Or does the FAPs include even more parts? I wonder if these will include even more, creating a vicious cycle :P
I don't know how reliable that site is, but a translation of the alien text would be nice.
If this is true, good thing I didn't want to get the repaints before or too close after the FAPs, which I almost did :P

Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Shinkis owned: 33
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Post by Xehn » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:00 pm

the Full Arms Package versions included NEW new bits that the initial repaints didn't have.

Shiaoran
Class S Shinki

Post by Shiaoran » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:33 pm

As I feared. Then these new repaints make sense. I just hope they don't include any more parts again and these are the last versions of Arnval and Strarf Mk2. I'd rather see other Mk2s (Fubuki and Mizuki Type-3 should've been called that, IMO, even though the "3" makes sense given the body, byt not the "Type", since that's used for the armor name already).

arhra
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 38
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altines

Post by arhra » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:43 pm

Shiaoran wrote:Didn't the repaints already include the extra parts that were "unrepainted" for the FAPs? Or does the FAPs include even more parts? I wonder if these will include even more, creating a vicious cycle :P
I don't know how reliable that site is, but a translation of the alien text would be nice.
If this is true, good thing I didn't want to get the repaints before or too close after the FAPs, which I almost did :P
Yeah, the Full Arms Package includes some bits that the repaints didn't have:

Outlined in red: new in the FAP. Otherwise also included in the original release of Tempesta/Lavina.

Looking at the images, I don't see any new new bits, just the Full Arms bits in Tempesta/Lavina's colours.

...not to mention, they'd have a hard time fitting any more parts into the boxes anyway.
Nothing particularly interesting. Mostly standard retailer info and promotional fluff, just restating stuff that everyone here should know anyway (designed by Humikane, repaint of the PSP game bundle exclusives, etc). The only interesting parts are the release month (scheduled for March), and MSRP (8400yen tax included; that should be reduced to 6.5-7k or so once you factor in AmiAmi/etc's discounts... which is still pretty damn ridiculous).

edit:
I'd rather see other Mk2s (Fubuki and Mizuki Type-3 should've been called that, IMO, even though the "3" makes sense given the body, byt not the "Type", since that's used for the armor name already).
Fubuki and Mizuki are mk2s - I'm not sure why AmiAmi have them listed as "3-Model", but I'm assuming it's a translation mistake, as the Japanese name, as shown on KonamiStyle, is "弐型" (ni gata), which means Type-2 (using the formal variant of 二 (2)).

Back when they did the 5th anniversary webcast, when they showed the prototypes for them, the presenters even accidentally called them mk2s in engrish before correcting themselves.

Shiaoran
Class S Shinki

Post by Shiaoran » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:01 pm

Thanks for all the info.
Type 2 or Type 3, it doesn't really matter, it would be nice to see a whole line called Mk2 and it'd look really weird for Shinkis named "Name" Type "Armor" Type 2. Unless they drop the armor names, which seem to be the case.

halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper
Shinkis owned: 32
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Space Shuttle Arnval

Post by halconfenix » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:26 pm

well...

assuming that things will go as planned by next year (continuing my job as a teacher and having enough saved money)

i'll plan to get these repaints... again, just for the extra parts and the option of dual wielding weapons since i already have first tempesta and lavina...

but to be honest with the prices and the yen value rising at this rate these 2 will be the last shinkis i'll get (assuming the bike girls get released earlier than this two)

shizen22
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 25
MMS owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Renge

Post by shizen22 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:39 pm

I have no plans at all to get the new ones since I have the first repaint release. There's already plenty of parts and adding a few more isn't going to do it for me.

And yeah, the yen isn't making it any easier either. :ach:

halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper
Shinkis owned: 32
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Space Shuttle Arnval

Post by halconfenix » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:47 pm

i'm just redirecting this from TFW...

(srry arhra)

arhra
Class A Shinki