Moderator: Caterwaul

star
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

Re: Arnval and Strarf MK 2 Repaints

Post by star » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:29 pm

halconfenix wrote:for what i can see in the reviews...

clearly these two can be defined as characters on their own right rather than simply retail repaits from Arnval and Strarf, so i can safely say thet these arent going to be called by the base name... from now on these two are (ahem) "professor/detective" tempesta and "ace attourney" ravina :P

i'm kinda glad mine are already on their way... too bad the waiting game for me has to last a long as month and a half... but whatever.... :tsugaru:
maybe tempestra(i think thats the arnval one) is different enough to have her own name, but not so much ravina, or as i'll call her: white strarf mk2, LOL its have to make different strarf armor, and the battle masters mk2 game has the orginal colors or the mk2s but the game character appear to have the exact same extra parts so technically they are just repaints(in the trailer for the game, you can see the extra parts on the mk2s :strarf:

halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper
Shinkis owned: 32
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Space Shuttle Arnval

Post by halconfenix » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:59 pm

star wrote:maybe tempestra(i think thats the arnval one) is different enough to have her own name, but not so much ravina, or as i'll call her: white strarf mk2, LOL its have to make different strarf armor, and the battle masters mk2 game has the orginal colors or the mk2s but the game character appear to have the exact same extra parts so technically they are just repaints(in the trailer for the game, you can see the extra parts on the mk2s :strarf:
this is the reason why named the repaints "professor/detective" Tempesta and "Ace Attorney" Ravina...

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edf2kX9y8UM

rubixbox
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 4
Favorite MMS/Shinki: You mean owned or..?

Post by rubixbox » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:30 am

star wrote:

clearly these two can be defined as characters on their own right rather than simply retail repaits from Arnval and Strarf, so i can safely say thet these arent going to be called by the base name... from now on these two are (ahem) "professor/detective" tempesta and "ace attourney" ravina :P

i'm kinda glad mine are already on their way... too bad the waiting game for me has to last a long as month and a half... but whatever.... :tsugaru:
maybe tempestra(i think thats the arnval one) is different enough to have her own name, but not so much ravina, or as i'll call her: white strarf mk2, LOL its have to make different strarf armor, and the battle masters mk2 game has the orginal colors or the mk2s but the game character appear to have the exact same extra parts so technically they are just repaints(in the trailer for the game, you can see the extra parts on the mk2s :strarf:
For me it's reversed: Tempesta's just another Arnval redeco, like Desert Murmeltier. Ravina, however, is so completely different from Strarf (or at least her stereotypes) that she warrants being her on character.

star
Class S Shinki

Post by star » Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:59 pm

rubixbox wrote:
star wrote:

For me it's reversed: Tempesta's just another Arnval redeco, like Desert Murmeltier. Ravina, however, is so completely different from Strarf (or at least her stereotypes) that she warrants being her on character.
i suppose personality wize but then the mk2s also deserve their own names to cause the original strarf was impish while original arnval seamed quick and to the piont and way to perfect, while arnval mk2 is cute, sweat, and slightly deranged and strarf mk2 is cool, calm, and collected, i see tempestra(arnval one right?) as darker, and slightly energetic and ravina(strarf one right?) as hyper school girl with a dark side, as well as very intelligent and focused

rubixbox
Class S Shinki

Post by rubixbox » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:19 pm

star wrote: i suppose personality wize but then the mk2s also deserve their own names to cause the original strarf was impish while original arnval seamed quick and to the piont and way to perfect, while arnval mk2 is cute, sweat, and slightly deranged and strarf mk2 is cool, calm, and collected, i see tempestra(arnval one right?) as darker, and slightly energetic and ravina(strarf one right?) as hyper school girl with a dark side, as well as very intelligent and focused
The Mk. 2s have their own personalities? I thought they only got a physical makeover...

star
Class S Shinki

Post by star » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:31 pm

rubixbox wrote:
star wrote: i suppose personality wize but then the mk2s also deserve their own names to cause the original strarf was impish while original arnval seamed quick and to the piont and way to perfect, while arnval mk2 is cute, sweat, and slightly deranged and strarf mk2 is cool, calm, and collected, i see tempestra(arnval one right?) as darker, and slightly energetic and ravina(strarf one right?) as hyper school girl with a dark side, as well as very intelligent and focused
The Mk. 2s have their own personalities? I thought they only got a physical makeover...
yeah, original strarf was much more child like and imp-ish but mk2 is much more how most people portrayed strarf anyways, arnval is still happy and stuff but mk2 is much cuter in every way as well as that she has a glitch that makes her SUPER jellous, she even has a scary glitchy vioce when she gets that way, its like shes about to explode with rage, mine beat up that maochao in story mode because of it(this was a love event though)

rubixbox
Class S Shinki

Post by rubixbox » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:53 pm

star wrote: yeah, original strarf was much more child like and imp-ish but mk2 is much more how most people portrayed strarf anyways, arnval is still happy and stuff but mk2 is much cuter in every way as well as that she has a glitch that makes her SUPER jellous, she even has a scary glitchy vioce when she gets that way, its like shes about to explode with rage, mine beat up that maochao in story mode because of it(this was a love event though)
Is Arnval like that in BR?

halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper
Shinkis owned: 32
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Space Shuttle Arnval

Post by halconfenix » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:29 pm

rubixbox wrote:Is Arnval like that in BR?
for what i can remember (and since i have arnval and strarf in BR)...

Arnval: joyful, energetic, "i'll do my best" personality, kinda cute...

Arnval MK2: lets just say that she's a bit more bratty....

Strarf: nice personality, easy going, but get's pissed off when she doesnt like something...

Strarf MK2: too damned serious... to an almost militaristic level...

Aefils
Class S Shinki

Post by Aefils » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:29 pm

Mine should be here in a few hours. Hmm but I realized after these 2, there are no new shinkies up for pre-order. Are they taking a break perhaps?

Mikuo_Hatsune
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 163
MMS owned: 13
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Murmeltier

Post by Mikuo_Hatsune » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:19 am

recieved mine a few hours ago , some of the best Shinkis to be released
Don't Follow Me On Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/ODST813